The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 12, 2023 at 5:57 AM Post #22,501 of 23,556
Many thanks for the input! May I know which Andromeda you are comparing with? Andromeda OG or 2020? Or one of the special editions? Also, when you say u12t relatively "flat" tuning, do you think that the u12t tuning is more akin to Ara instead?
Andro 2020.

I think Ara is pretty odd IEM (sorry fans reading this :dt880smile: ).Flat in the sense that the lower midrange of U12t is more open, less thick and muffled. Some of mu friends said this tuning is boring like watching paint dry, thus my warning. I personally like lower mid to be flat and open, no muffling or colouring.

Sep 13, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #22,502 of 23,556
Im starting to appreciate the M15 module with the u12t more and more. The M20 can sometimes sound bit too bassy and dark (a more moody sound).
M15 on the other hand appears to me as a more balanced, reference-like, with a more "bouncy" and precise bass response.
Both have their own strenghts and its great that we can tailor the sound in such an easy and quick way.

Sep 13, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #22,504 of 23,556
Can someone tell me how U4S compares to Symphonium Meteor? :)
Ive had both and compared them.
The u4s is an upgrade in many ways. The very first thing is the dynamics which are definitely better on the u4s. Second is the imaging which is sharper and more precise on the u4s (u4s still have bit blurred imaging compared to top dogs like u12t, Mest 2 or the Monarch 2).
Also detail retrieval in mids is better on the u4s.
The bass is on similar levels but the u4s has bit more weight and textures due to the DD driver. But the Meteor is no slouch either.
Both have quite similar approach to the sound presentation but the Meteor is smoother and even more laid back.
To my surprise, i remember the Meteor having bigger imaginary stage.
The Meteor is very laid back and fun sounding but is slighty lacking in microdynamics and midrange incisiveness.

Sep 13, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #22,505 of 23,556
Can someone tell me how U4S compares to Symphonium Meteor? :)
I haven't tried the U4S myself, but I have the Meteor and u12T, so I can talk about the Meteor. It's a love-it-or-hate-it kind of IEM. It has a relatively correct, neutral-warm tonality up to around 4kHz, and then it has a noticeable dip in the presence region. It recovers in the 8kHz region, and then follows up with strong treble extension. Everything puts together to create an illusion of size and scale. It's a "big sounding" IEM. But at the same time, it can sound dull and fuzzy due to the presence dip. The bass is also interesting. It has less snappy attack but more decay than usual BA-bass (somewhat like U12T, though it's even more bassy).

In general, a coloured tuning saved by strong treble extension. Unique listening, but might backfire ("too fuzzy")

Sep 14, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #22,506 of 23,556
Ive had both and compared them.
The u4s is an upgrade in many ways. The very first thing is the dynamics which are definitely better on the u4s. Second is the imaging which is sharper and more precise on the u4s (u4s still have bit blurred imaging compared to top dogs like u12t, Mest 2 or the Monarch 2).
Also detail retrieval in mids is better on the u4s.
The bass is on similar levels but the u4s has bit more weight and textures due to the DD driver. But the Meteor is no slouch either.
Both have quite similar approach to the sound presentation but the Meteor is smoother and even more laid back.
To my surprise, i remember the Meteor having bigger imaginary stage.
The Meteor is very laid back and fun sounding but is slighty lacking in microdynamics and midrange incisiveness.
I’ve had Meteor and i liked it. Coherent, yet great extension both ends, especially treble. IMO while good quality bass which i put above RSV for sure, i still miss the phisicality of DD driver, also i prefere slighty brigher mid treble. Semms like u4s might be up to my alley, thanks! 😎

Sep 15, 2023 at 11:30 PM Post #22,507 of 23,556
U12t have a very characteristic calmness. Each sound has its own time to resound, to pop out, nothing is in hurry. And there is a specific silence between notes.
Maybe thats the reason why some people call the u12t "boring".
The ak sp1k has it too as a source, so in combination with the u12t, this effect seems even stronger. There is completely nothing between notes, a black hole.

Sep 18, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #22,510 of 23,556
I am looking for a matching cable for pairing the 64 Audio Tia Fourte (Original Edition, not the new ones) to the Cayin N7 and occassionally, Cayin RU-6. So far, I have tried EA CODE 23, EA Eros S 1st Anniversary, and a custom 8-core, 5N OCC cable. I am inclined to go with Lavricables Grand Line this time, is this a good idea?

In the past, I have looked for something that adds more bass and tames the sparkly treble. But now I am looking for something that accentuates its traits while finding the right balance. I would like the Tia Fourte to sound like the Tia Fourte, not turning it into something it is not. Should I be upgrading my source instead?

Sep 18, 2023 at 10:21 PM Post #22,511 of 23,556
I am looking for a matching cable for pairing the 64 Audio Tia Fourte (Original Edition, not the new ones) to the Cayin N7 and occassionally, Cayin RU-6. So far, I have tried EA CODE 23, EA Eros S 1st Anniversary, and a custom 8-core, 5N OCC cable. I am inclined to go with Lavricables Grand Line this time, is this a good idea?

In the past, I have looked for something that adds more bass and tames the sparkly treble. But now I am looking for something that accentuates its traits while finding the right balance. I would like the Tia Fourte to sound like the Tia Fourte, not turning it into something it is not. Should I be upgrading my source instead?
I have (for several years) paired my Tia Fourte with the PW 1960 2w.

Sep 19, 2023 at 12:26 AM Post #22,513 of 23,556
Has anyone made the jump from the u12ts to the Trios? Am expecting a more detailed Nio? Have the u12ts and the Nios. Would like to pair down if possible.
Curious as I currently have the Nios and considering the u12t for slightly better details. How would you compare the u12t to the nio?

Sep 19, 2023 at 12:43 AM Post #22,514 of 23,556
You’ll get more detail but lose some warm and bass response. I had the Nios for a couple years and never heard anything like them, still love them for certain music. Upgraded to the u12ts and at first thought, “What have I done!? The bass is muted and the detail isn’t that much better.” It took some time for my ears and brain to adjust. It wasn’t until going back to the Nios that I truly appreciated the difference. It’s honestly like going back to an LCD screen after using an OLED, you just don’t realize what you were missing. You can warm up the u12ts with cables and the right amp. The Nios will never have the technicalities. At the same time the u12ts will never have that bass, it’s a limitation of the hardware. It depends on what you’re looking for. As for my question, I’m looking for both, because I’m greedy 🙂 And have heard the Trios may be the best of both worlds. If you’re looking for detail and can lose a bit of bass (the u12t’s bass is still fantastic) you’ll never regret the upgrade to the u12ts. If you’re a bass head, totally legit, you may regret it. That’s what’s great about the classifieds here, you can get stuff second hand and resell it if you don’t like it for almost the same price you paid. As for me, I may try the Trios but am honestly thinking of just going custom u12ts, they really are end game, if you’re looking for one. Most people on here aren’t looking for an end game though, even if they claim they always are, haha.

Sep 19, 2023 at 2:14 AM Post #22,515 of 23,556
You’ll get more detail but lose some warm and bass response. I had the Nios for a couple years and never heard anything like them, still love them for certain music. Upgraded to the u12ts and at first thought, “What have I done!? The bass is muted and the detail isn’t that much better.” It took some time for my ears and brain to adjust. It wasn’t until going back to the Nios that I truly appreciated the difference. It’s honestly like going back to an LCD screen after using an OLED, you just don’t realize what you were missing. You can warm up the u12ts with cables and the right amp. The Nios will never have the technicalities. At the same time the u12ts will never have that bass, it’s a limitation of the hardware. It depends on what you’re looking for. As for my question, I’m looking for both, because I’m greedy 🙂 And have heard the Trios may be the best of both worlds. If you’re looking for detail and can lose a bit of bass (the u12t’s bass is still fantastic) you’ll never regret the upgrade to the u12ts. If you’re a bass head, totally legit, you may regret it. That’s what’s great about the classifieds here, you can get stuff second hand and resell it if you don’t like it for almost the same price you paid. As for me, I may try the Trios but am honestly thinking of just going custom u12ts, they really are end game, if you’re looking for one. Most people on here aren’t looking for an end game though, even if they claim they always are, haha.
Thanks for that. I came from a long line of CA Andromedas and appreciate their fantastic details. I just wish for slightly more bass. And the funky frequency vs impedance response of the Solaris Mercury makes pairing with sources very difficult. The bass on my Nio Galaxy although fun and fantastic, it does cover up a lot of details, and hence thinking U12T or maybe A12t will be my "end game" iems......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back