The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 17, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #22,291 of 23,560
So i've review lately the 64audio U4S and find them underwhelming and overpriced....too safe and boring etc. its on headfi for those who care.

this doesn't mean I stop being curious about 64audio IEMs, as well as Firaudio....since I adore Xenon6 (opposite of boring)

anyway, im still haunted with old (positive) memories of the Nio....and now i'm curious to test the U18T....which i will soon.

ive never heard any IEM with so much BAs....and Nio was 1dd+8bas....so i dont know what to expect.....big upgrade in technicalities like attack speed, layering and definition edge? the question is: are they way way WAY better than U4S??????????????

Jul 17, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #22,292 of 23,560
How you liking the Ally? I got one last month on release as well. It's my first gaming PC and I'm enjoying the versatility.

Like others have said, the U12T are very sensitive so almost any source will make them sound great. I'm not sure how powerful the jack on the Ally is, but I'm sure it's got enough power for some decent headphones for gaming so it should make the U12T sound great. I haven't used the Ally for music so I can't compare... But I've used the U12T on my phone and small DAPS like the R3. When compared to the big boy DX320, the U12T scale on a whole other level of detail and separation.

I like it but its more of a campanion device for me. Ive been building my own PCs for a long time now. My comparison with the Ally out and the mojo may have been some what flawed as the source was apple music streaming (lossless songs) but i still find the differences pretty miniscule. And if im using it on travel primarily i really dont think its gonna be worth it in the end for me

Jul 18, 2023 at 4:24 AM Post #22,294 of 23,560
anyway, im still haunted with old (positive) memories of the Nio....and now i'm curious to test the U18T....which i will soon.

ive never heard any IEM with so much BAs....and Nio was 1dd+8bas....so i dont know what to expect.....big upgrade in technicalities like attack speed, layering and definition edge? the question is: are they way way WAY better than U4S??????????????

The U18T has spectacular technicalities, I think it's one of the underrated 64 Audio iems

Jul 18, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #22,296 of 23,560
So i've review lately the 64audio U4S and find them underwhelming and overpriced....too safe and boring etc. its on headfi for those who care.

this doesn't mean I stop being curious about 64audio IEMs, as well as Firaudio....since I adore Xenon6 (opposite of boring)

U18T is 64A's best iem imho. I've owned Blanc, U12T, Nio & U4S.

Be sure to be mindful of Output impedance though because it does not have LID technology, and use M20 module. You might find the sub bass a bit lacking, and it's definitely analytical if-not bright, but it's extremely technical and fast. Scales with sources and responds to cable swaps tremendously, which is fun & funny for those who don't believe in it (it's drastic).

I actually prefer U4S over U12T/Nio personally, but indeed it's not a technical benchmark and a very safe tuning for anything you throw at it. More of a palet-rinser and benchmarking iem for assessing gear. It ideally would sound best with an "M13" module in my opinion.

Also, nice to see you man, it's been a while :)

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jul 18, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #22,297 of 23,560
Has anyone used Tia fourte with other non stock cables ? Can you bring Tia Fourte's mid bit forward by swapping cables ?
I have the Fourte paired with PWA 1960 2w. Not sure if it brings the mids forward but I am a huge fan of the Fourte mids and bass.

Jul 19, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #22,298 of 23,560
U18T is 64A's best iem imho. I've owned Blanc, U12T, Nio & U4S.

Be sure to be mindful of Output impedance though because it does not have LID technology, and use M20 module. You might find the sub bass a bit lacking, and it's definitely analytical if-not bright, but it's extremely technical and fast. Scales with sources and responds to cable swaps tremendously, which is fun & funny for those who don't believe in it (it's drastic).

I actually prefer U4S over U12T/Nio personally, but indeed it's not a technical benchmark and a very safe tuning for anything you throw at it. More of a palet-rinser and benchmarking iem for assessing gear. It ideally would sound best with an "M13" module in my opinion.

Also, nice to see you man, it's been a while :)
Oh, nice to see you too Daniel...make a while indeed (yet im super active as Eric Lab and on FB Chifi Love)...and your the guy that make me listen Nio lol I miss this casual audio meet in Montreal. Keep good memories of it. Especially your ZR1 and IER M9. Have you try Firaudio Xenon6? Its a big crush....fancy guilty basshead pleasure we can say, but with lush engaging mids and exciting snappy brilliant treble. Nothing sound like those. Thats something i seek: something special and it seem U18T will deliver higher technical prowess, edgier definition and fast punchy bass can be so great too, for fast jazz rock. U4S wasnt bad, just too gentle and ''jack of all trade master of none'' to my ears...

I will sure make sure to use low impedance source, i have some 0.1ohm

right now my ultimate addiction is UM Mest MK3, i feel like a super human with cyborg (or bat) hearing range....so captivating. whats your fav IEM right now bro??

Jul 19, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #22,300 of 23,560
I have a question for the group. I have custom 18ts. I also have the AU Sp1000m. For wired, I use original Focal Utopia cans. I'm a small jazz combo and classical listener. My question is if I'm interested in getting the experience of the Utopias (airy, transparent, highly detailed, quiet bass) using the 18t's. Do I have to get the SP3000, or would just going for the MX apex module get me that more Utopia like experience for travel. I'm a bit concerned that the SP3000 is so much heavier than the SP1000m, and it's a lot of money to upgrade if it isn't really needed. This is a sound question. I know there is a lot of new tech capability with the SP3000, but really I only am looking at the effect on listening. Thanks for your help.

Jul 19, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #22,301 of 23,560
I have a question for the group. I have custom 18ts. I also have the AU Sp1000m. For wired, I use original Focal Utopia cans. I'm a small jazz combo and classical listener. My question is if I'm interested in getting the experience of the Utopias (airy, transparent, highly detailed, quiet bass) using the 18t's. Do I have to get the SP3000, or would just going for the MX apex module get me that more Utopia like experience for travel. I'm a bit concerned that the SP3000 is so much heavier than the SP1000m, and it's a lot of money to upgrade if it isn't really needed. This is a sound question. I know there is a lot of new tech capability with the SP3000, but really I only am looking at the effect on listening. Thanks for your help.
No source or Apex module will make the U18t sound like the Utopia.

Jul 21, 2023 at 12:17 AM Post #22,303 of 23,560
I found an 'incredible' review for the U12t. To give you an idea of the exhaustive research done by the reviewer, here is my favorite excerpt from the review-
"This product is an excellent in-ear monitor that provides a high-quality listening experience. The design and construction are first-rate, and the audio quality is excellent. This monitor is a practical and flexible option for on-the-go listening because of its wide variety of connectivity and features, including active noise canceling technology, sound customization via an app, and lengthy battery life."

64 Audio U12t Review

Jul 21, 2023 at 1:21 AM Post #22,305 of 23,560
I found an 'incredible' review for the U12t. To give you an idea of the exhaustive research done by the reviewer, here is my favorite excerpt from the review-
"This product is an excellent in-ear monitor that provides a high-quality listening experience. The design and construction are first-rate, and the audio quality is excellent. This monitor is a practical and flexible option for on-the-go listening because of its wide variety of connectivity and features, including active noise canceling technology, sound customization via an app, and lengthy battery life."

64 Audio U12t Review

Maybe written by AI?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back