The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 16, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #20,896 of 23,608
All, given a change to have Tia Fourte and U12t to buy at the same price which one would you prefer and why?
This is relevant to my preferences, but I would buy the U12t. I find it to be well balanced across the frequencies, is a great all rounder, and provides a non fatiguing listen. It is also very detailed with good separation, layering etc. I think it is an easy IEM to like.

The Forte on the other hand provides a different type of listen. Bass is DD and can slam hard. Mids are really detailed (to a TOTL level) and soundstage felt really wide. Separation, layering, imagery etc are top class. The issue I find though is with the highs. They just reach for the stars and take no prisoners. I found them to be very fatiguing to listen to.

Bear in mind though that I prefer a warmer smooth presentation, and I can be sensitive to high treble and upper mids. One thing I can say though is that the highs on the Forte are the most peaky / aggressive that I’ve heard on any IEM I’ve listened to. YMMV of course.

I have both and prefer the U12t. I find the Fourte a little disappointing. Kind of a mix between Trio and EE Odin, but not as musical as either. I'm sure I'm in the minority here.
I think I’m in agreement with you on those points.

Aug 16, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #20,897 of 23,608
Hello All, I have a question. What Apex 64 Audio Apex module are you using?
I pretty much always keep M15 in both the U6t and A12t, as it gives the best balance for me. Sometimes I’ll use M20 for the isolation if I know I’m going somewhere particularly noisy.
But the bass with the M15 is perfectly fine for me, if I really want more/different, there are other IEMs for that.

Aug 18, 2022 at 7:23 AM Post #20,899 of 23,608
Hi everyone, any cable recommendation for the u12t? Stock one sucks and got a silver one, made by an artisan, which is not really convincing in terms of comfort …

Aug 18, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #20,900 of 23,608
Last edited:
Aug 18, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #20,901 of 23,608
Hi everyone, any cable recommendation for the u12t? Stock one sucks and got a silver one, made by an artisan, which is not really convincing in terms of comfort …
I just went with a cable from @doctorjuggles (aka Justin) from this forum. He came highly recommended. I can't tell you how the cable is (yet), but I have found him knowledgeable, incredibly helpful, and really striving to get me exactly what I want. He is very familiar with the u12t. I also like the look of his offerings. Anyway, I wanted comfort as a top criterion. Like I said, I won't know how the cable is until I get it, but based on the recommendation from this forum and my experience engaging with him, I am confident. And the pricing was very reasonable. He even talked me into a lower price option based on my feature requests. Great guy. I simply messaged him here.

Aug 18, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #20,903 of 23,608
Aug 18, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #20,905 of 23,608
Aug 18, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #20,906 of 23,608
Aug 18, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #20,909 of 23,608
Aug 18, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #20,910 of 23,608
I just went with a cable from @doctorjuggles (aka Justin) from this forum. He came highly recommended. I can't tell you how the cable is (yet), but I have found him knowledgeable, incredibly helpful, and really striving to get me exactly what I want. He is very familiar with the u12t. I also like the look of his offerings. Anyway, I wanted comfort as a top criterion. Like I said, I won't know how the cable is until I get it, but based on the recommendation from this forum and my experience engaging with him, I am confident. And the pricing was very reasonable. He even talked me into a lower price option based on my feature requests. Great guy. I simply messaged him here.
to be honest i look at after market cables for their comfort and ergonomics above sound changes.
What cable from doctor juggles did you end up with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back