The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 10, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #20,866 of 23,492
Aug 10, 2022 at 9:27 PM Post #20,867 of 23,492
For now we'll have to make due with a new "flagship" protective case. Since the G10 case was discontinued we went to work on offering a case that could fit either multiple sets of IEMs or IEM + extra cable or small dongles. https://www.64audio.com/collections/protective-cases/products/64-audio-personalized-pelican-g40-case

Single A-Series.jpgSingle Dragon Fly.jpgDual U-Series.jpg
Nice, I love trying our cases for my iems. Just wondering if there is sufficient space for thick and crazy cables like PW First Times etc. Would love a solution for carrying 2 pairs of iems.
@64Audio new case looks very promising! My superficial instant reaction is with the third insert design are the IEM pieces not hitting each other due to the lack of separator? Easy fix with the Campfire Audio mesh IEM bag though :sunglasses:
Problem with CA mesh iem bags are it restricts the shells placement, some times adding additional height to the overall cable+iem. Case in point, I can't fit my u12ts into its leather case with mesh bag , slightly too tall

Aug 10, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #20,868 of 23,492
First day of listening to the trio in the books, I’ve listen to variety of genre , 13 albums down and I like the TRIO better in everyway then my mest OG outside of the VERY FUN!! imaging the mest OG has but everything else TRIO! Specially the sexy rich bass!

You think
Anyone would do a straight up mest OG for Trio trade on head fi classifieds ? 🤔

Aug 10, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #20,869 of 23,492
First day of listening to the trio in the books, I’ve listen to variety of genre , 13 albums down and I like the TRIO better in everyway then my mest OG outside of the VERY FUN!! imaging the mest OG has but everything else TRIO! Specially the sexy rich bass!

You think
Anyone would do a straight up mest OG for Trio trade on head fi classifieds ? 🤔
maybe a duo that is also a great IEM... but Trio is way more expensive second hand than Mest. but worth a try. put an ad for "Want to buy". :p

Aug 10, 2022 at 11:39 PM Post #20,870 of 23,492
For now we'll have to make due with a new "flagship" protective case. Since the G10 case was discontinued we went to work on offering a case that could fit either multiple sets of IEMs or IEM + extra cable or small dongles. https://www.64audio.com/collections/protective-cases/products/64-audio-personalized-pelican-g40-case

Single A-Series.jpgSingle Dragon Fly.jpgDual U-Series.jpg
Great Idea...and perfect to a lot of people. Including myself that cares dongles more than DAPs.

If the design is not completely locked, I would suggest to make the IEM slot slightly bigger, I can see that it will struggle with aftermarket cables due to the multiple 2pin connector sizes and shapes. the picture of the U12t with stock cable already show it quite tight.

Aug 11, 2022 at 12:38 AM Post #20,871 of 23,492
Pls could you provide a detailed impression vs U12T stock cable on U12T various reviewers on Head-Fi are saying Cadmus has elevated but well-controlled bass but less extended detailed treble vs others who report it has less elevated bass and more extended detailed treble. @CrocodileDundee, what is your experience?
Hey mate, missed to answer you. Using my own words from my comments on EA thread.

“A12t + 37 = Great pairing, smoother sound, deeper low end, bigger sound stage and more details”

On another comment:
“It’s like adding a DD to the A12t”

So, I’m from the team that felt an improvement in quantity and quality of the lower end, but not compromising the upper end, I could also hear it more open and spacious.

On this topic… I just received my own Cadmus and it sounds just like my review unit (I paid for this one, not a gift, if anyone may be think why I’m defending it. :) ):

9A32B3B2-50F7-41CB-9977-6573AD1D2467.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #20,873 of 23,492
Nice, I love trying our cases for my iems. Just wondering if there is sufficient space for thick and crazy cables like PW First Times etc. Would love a solution for carrying 2 pairs of iems.

Problem with CA mesh iem bags are it restricts the shells placement, some times adding additional height to the overall cable+iem. Case in point, I can't fit my u12ts into its leather case with mesh bag , slightly too tall
Definitely fits a ticker cable easily in our "one IEM + extra cable"

Single U-Series-2.jpg

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Aug 11, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #20,874 of 23,492
Definitely fits a ticker cable easily in our "one IEM + extra cable"

Single U-Series-2.jpg
i ordered 2 iem case and praying it will fit thicc First Times haha. You guys consistently have the best/most innovative cases imo

Aug 11, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #20,875 of 23,492
Hey guys, long time no see...

I'm quickly checking in to see if there's anyone in/near Singapore who is interested in buying my U12t that only has 15-20 hours on the clock for a fab price. After travelling extensively in Latin America (which basically isn't market for top class IEMs at all) I'll be heading to Singapore for a couple of days and then continue travelling in Asia for 2-3 years, and while doing so I could facilitate a demo if someone is truly interested. The reason that I'm considering selling them is that they don't completely match my sound profile and I think I'd be better off with the U18t.

I could set up a Classifieds post but the logistics are truly horrendous when travelling so I will simply keep them if Singapore or Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, whatever isn't going to work. It's not exactly an IEM I would suffer with! A personal demo is much better in my case as I've never sold anything on the Classifieds so probably nobody would trust me anyway. Ha ha! Nothing beats being able to demo new stuff anyway.

So just in case, please let me know. I'd be up there until next Wednesday.

See also https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...ge-all-welcome.957426/page-2144#post-17092666

And now I gotta read all the pages I've been missing here! Pfff...

drftr

Aug 12, 2022 at 4:48 AM Post #20,876 of 23,492

Absolutely. I actually use the campfire audio case and mesh bag for my Sony IER-Z1R plus a velcro cable tidy. There is room despite the chunky shells and connector barrels by Sony. Leaving a gap on the cable slider helps with the shells placement ✌️

Aug 13, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #20,879 of 23,492
Hey mate, missed to answer you. Using my own words from my comments on EA thread.

“A12t + 37 = Great pairing, smoother sound, deeper low end, bigger sound stage and more details”

On another comment:
“It’s like adding a DD to the A12t”

So, I’m from the team that felt an improvement in quantity and quality of the lower end, but not compromising the upper end, I could also hear it more open and spacious.

On this topic… I just received my own Cadmus and it sounds just like my review unit (I paid for this one, not a gift, if anyone may be think why I’m defending it. :) ):

Thanks so much! This is a pretty great rec for a cable that is no more expensive than tbe Cadmus, and that you afterwards paid for one after you reviewed —speaks volumes. Overall sounds like “DEFINITELY RECOMMENDED” for A/U12T owners.

Aug 14, 2022 at 5:16 AM Post #20,880 of 23,492
Hey guys, long time no see...

I'm quickly checking in to see if there's anyone in/near Singapore who is interested in buying my U12t that only has 15-20 hours on the clock for a fab price. After travelling extensively in Latin America (which basically isn't market for top class IEMs at all) I'll be heading to Singapore for a couple of days and then continue travelling in Asia for 2-3 years, and while doing so I could facilitate a demo if someone is truly interested. The reason that I'm considering selling them is that they don't completely match my sound profile and I think I'd be better off with the U18t.

I could set up a Classifieds post but the logistics are truly horrendous when travelling so I will simply keep them if Singapore or Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, whatever isn't going to work. It's not exactly an IEM I would suffer with! A personal demo is much better in my case as I've never sold anything on the Classifieds so probably nobody would trust me anyway. Ha ha! Nothing beats being able to demo new stuff anyway.

So just in case, please let me know. I'd be up there until next Wednesday.

See also https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...ge-all-welcome.957426/page-2144#post-17092666

And now I gotta read all the pages I've been missing here! Pfff...

drftr
I am in Singapore and definitely interested. Anymore details you can share?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back