The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 18, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #18,976 of 23,568
I’ve owned a bunch of expensive cables including the $5k PW Orpheus, EA Horus Octa, Leo 2 Octa, Iliad, 1950s, 1960s etc. and honestly I prefer the (much cheaper) 64 Audio Premium Silver above all of them for my U12t. I do hear subtle differences between cables and to my ears, the Premium Silver cable has the best tonal balance.

Anyway, the point I’m trying to make is that even if you are someone that hears/believes in cables making an audible difference, more expensive cables don’t always equate to “better” sound. For me the most important synergy to discover is between IEM & DAP/Source, followed by eartips. Cables are the least impactful part of the audio chain imo.

Word.

Nov 18, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #18,977 of 23,568
I’ve owned a bunch of expensive cables including the $5k PW Orpheus, EA Horus Octa, Leo 2 Octa, Iliad, 1950s, 1960s etc. and honestly I prefer the (much cheaper) 64 Audio Premium Silver above all of them for my U12t. I do hear subtle differences between cables and to my ears, the Premium Silver cable has the best tonal balance.

Anyway, the point I’m trying to make is that even if you are someone that hears/believes in cables making an audible difference, more expensive cables don’t always equate to “better” sound. For me the most important synergy to discover is between IEM & DAP/Source, followed by eartips. Cables are the least impactful part of the audio chain imo.

9D0DCB51-49E9-4EAA-8165-2BA2690FE197.jpeg
u12t value is truly off the charts.

Nov 18, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #18,978 of 23,568
Wait...are you saying there's an IEM cable that costs $5k?

I'm in the wrong meeting, clearly.
Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 9.06.05 AM.png

And there is a semi-rumor that price is going UP to $7500 soon...

Nov 18, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #18,979 of 23,568
Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 9.06.05 AM.png

And there is a semi-rumor that price is going UP to $7500 soon...

... because Peter is having a hard time sourcing Orpheus wires, and also the reason he came up with First Times cable while looking for alternative copper wires.

But, back on topic, anybody who can't hear a sound difference between a basic stock 64 Audio cable and some of the aftermarket upgrades (including 64 Audio own hybrid-silver cable which is actually really good and relatively cheap) should consider themselves a very lucky person with a happy wallet :D

Nov 18, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #18,983 of 23,568
For that price, I'd want them to print their name on it properly
Printer was running out of ink…

Seriously though, i like the look. As deez said, it’s an aesthetic choice.

Nov 18, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #18,984 of 23,568
Printer was running out of ink…

Seriously though, i like the look. As deez said, it’s an aesthetic choice.

Everything's an aesthetic choice. But this distressed thing is quite funny - it's like hipster burger joints where they've paid millions to have bare walls and exposed pipes and wiring on show.

We're approaching the end of things, I feel, we can't actually wait for new stuff to wear out naturally. The Zeitgeist is exhausted.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #18,985 of 23,568
Everything's an aesthetic choice. But this distressed thing is quite funny - it's like hipster burger joints where they've paid millions to have bare walls and exposed pipes and wiring on show.

We're approaching the end of things, I feel, we can't actually wait for new stuff to wear out naturally. The Zeitgeist is exhausted.
Ripped jeans…epitome of paying more for less.

Nov 18, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #18,986 of 23,568
Guys, I need some assistance. I had U12ts and loved them. Had to sell due to fit issues. Consequently, I'm looking to get into CIEMs. The natural choice is the A12t, but I've read that they sound different to the U12t. Can anyone share any experience?

The other question. Does 64 Audio have a black Friday sale every year? I've had ear impressions done so I'm ready to pull the trigger.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #18,987 of 23,568
Guys, I need some assistance. I had U12ts and loved them. Had to sell due to fit issues. Consequently, I'm looking to get into CIEMs. The natural choice is the A12t, but I've read that they sound different to the U12t. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

The other question. Does 64 Audio have a black Friday sale every year? I've had ear impressions done so I'm ready to pull the trigger.

My A12t sounds pretty much identical to my U12t when I A/B’d them, I heard a smidge more sub bass rumble on the U due to the tips I was using. Overall, I’m very happy with the A12t. I know others have reported it’s much darker than the U though 🤷🏽‍♂️ maybe I got lucky.

Nov 18, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #18,988 of 23,568
On the topic of cables, just saw that on the 64audio site it says something along the lines of
"The premium silver cable is only usable on our univetsal models". Anyone can verify that and why this might be the reason? My customs are also non-recessed (so is the premium cable afaik), so what could be the problem?

Nov 18, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #18,989 of 23,568
On the topic of cables, just saw that on the 64audio site it says something along the lines of
"The premium silver cable is only usable on our univetsal models". Anyone can verify that and why this might be the reason? My customs are also non-recessed (so is the premium cable afaik), so what could be the problem?

A series use .75mm 2 pin sockets as opposed to the industry standard .78mm on universals… why? No idea :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back