The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 5, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #18,106 of 23,556
Sadly none of them are the U12t with DD. I thought Nio would be, but it's not. Trio and Fourte are their own animals, and very different to the U12t. So the search for the elusive U12t-DD continues...
Well, it is a real shame that they have not been able to solve that need.

In any case, I don't know whether to give the Nio a chance. Let's see if I can convince myself that with the Mest and the Clairvoyance I have enough.

Aug 6, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #18,107 of 23,556
Any online shops in europe that stock u6t? I’m pretty curious to try them but I cannot find any place in Europe where to buy now that UK is not part of Europe anymore. Brexit was very bad for european audiophiles :frowning2:

Aug 6, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #18,108 of 23,556
JH Audio released Jolene, Empire Ears announced Legend Evo and 64 Audio? Still waiting for an announcement.

Aug 6, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #18,110 of 23,556
I am listening to a new-to-me pair of U4t. I know how 64Audio feels about their demo units finding their way into customers' hands, but I couldn't resist when I saw this pair in the classifieds. They are quite impressive. Please keep in mind that while I'm sure this pair is well broken in, I've only listened to them for a half hour or so, and then to only one band/ genre.

Bass has a satisfying, deep rumble. Deep bass is well portrayed, with sufficient weight. Mid-bass is lacking in comparison, but it's entirely possible that's due to the band I'm listening to, rather than the IEMs. I already miss the dynamism and visceral impact of the dynamic driver in my Trio.

Mids seem, at this early stage, to be a little distant, perhaps recessed. Again, thirty minutes, one band (no vocals), one genre.

I haven't listened to anything which high lights treble yet. Since these have a tia tweeter, I expect good things when I make them available to the U4t.

There seems to be good separation between the instruments, but I haven't listened to anything complex yet. What I mean by that is separation may be an artifact of discontinuity between the three drivers. I'll need to try some symphonic music soon. That'll give me an idea about separation, articulation and sound staging. In general terms, the U4t have a similar "house sound" to my memory of a brief audition of a U12t when a friend had a pair of those. I agree with those here who have said the U12t may be the ultimate all-around safe recommendation: they always sound good, but might fail to push a particular hot button for each listener. These U4t are comfortable, sound smooth, I think will prove non-fatiguing, go deep (how high is to be seen) and are enjoyable.

Since the U6t is being well received, at least by participants in this thread, perhaps 64Audio will be releasing a production U4t? It seems like it would make the smoothness, all-aroundness, general goodness of the U12t available to a wider audience.

Aug 6, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #18,111 of 23,556
CA0B8CAD-31C8-4B0B-949A-D561D04BEDDA.jpeg

Aug 7, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #18,113 of 23,556
after trying all module definitely the mx is the best for me, its the module that does all in a great balanced way, and adds the most stage

this again will gauge my interest in fir modules, but i do not know if using those modules will offer something better than mx

Aug 7, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #18,114 of 23,556
Saving the best for last 🌚

A12t is out for delivery! Will post some comparisons to U12t within time.
Very interested in this comparison, U12t vs A12t. I'm thrilled with what the ADV custom tip/sleep has done for the bass on my U12t (M20) -- as good as some DD monitors I'd guess, minus the outright slam of some. I don't suppose you're using the custom ADV sleeve on the U12t? Curious whether the ADV tip/sleeve makes the U12t a poor man's A12t, or if the A12t somehow improves further.

Aug 7, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #18,115 of 23,556
Very interested in this comparison, U12t vs A12t. I'm thrilled with what the ADV custom tip/sleep has done for the bass on my U12t (M20) -- as good as some DD monitors I'd guess, minus the outright slam of some. I don't suppose you're using the custom ADV sleeve on the U12t? Curious whether the ADV tip/sleeve makes the U12t a poor man's A12t, or if the A12t somehow improves further.

They sound virtually identical to me. I do hear the U12t with azla sedna short light tips to have maybe a TINY bit more bass as those tips tend to enhance the low end, but other than that I can’t notice any differences. I was going into the A12t expecting them to be warmer/darker than the U12t, so the fact that I can’t hear any noticeable differences from the upper mids and highs is a great plus for me. I’m really happy with the outcome. Now I can’t say that this will be for everyone, there was a difference to me between the U and A18s but I sent 64audio different scans for the A12t, perhaps that made the difference? I don’t know.

Aug 7, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #18,116 of 23,556
They sound virtually identical to me. I do hear the U12t with azla sedna short light tips to have maybe a TINY bit more bass as those tips tend to enhance the low end, but other than that I can’t notice any differences. I was going into the A12t expecting them to be warmer/darker than the U12t, so the fact that I can’t hear any noticeable differences from the upper mids and highs is a great plus for me. I’m really happy with the outcome. Now I can’t say that this will be for everyone, there was a difference to me between the U and A18s but I sent 64audio different scans for the A12t, perhaps that made the difference? I don’t know.
Yup, different or better scans sure make a difference. I'd sent Custom Art direct 3D scans (Lantos) but had ADV scan from a mold. And the ADV tips are better, due, I've come to believe, to the limitations of a direct 3D scan. Or else the more enveloping sleeve really makes a difference compared with Custom Art's much smaller tip. Would have to get the same scans to Custom Art to really know.... Good luck with your new A12t. :)

Aug 7, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #18,117 of 23,556
Yup, different or better scans sure make a difference. I'd sent Custom Art direct 3D scans (Lantos) but had ADV scan from a mold. And the ADV tips are better, due, I've come to believe, to the limitations of a direct 3D scan. Or else the more enveloping sleeve really makes a difference compared with Custom Art's much smaller tip. Would have to get the same scans to Custom Art to really know.... Good luck with your new A12t. :)
I have silicone earplugs from CA & ADV, both using the same digital files. The ADV earplugs are more comfortable while also providing a better seal/isolation. The Custom Art earplugs look like solid CIEMs, but with most of the material trimmed off, while the ADV earplugs are more like traditional custom earplugs. (I will update with pics shortly). I aslo opted for the shot-filled earplugs from CA, but I’m not sure if that’s what I received. Anyway, I would have thought the thicker body (along with the shot) would mean better isolation/attenuation from the Custom Art plugs, but I actually get a better seal & fit from the ADV plugs. Not sure if there was any post-processing work done by Custom Art, but as soon as ADV runs another promo/sale I will be ordering a second set of earplugs from them. Different manufacturers have different methods/standards of fit, so even with the same files/scans/impressions, you may experience different levels of fit/seal/comfort. I’ve used the same digital files for CIEMs as well and find this to be true.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #18,118 of 23,556
Rantng,
"I will update with pics shortly" - PLEASE , Do send such pics.:thumbsup:
I'm still looking for different models of such "Full-Ear-Mold -" * samples. (*for lack of a better word)

Regards
Urs

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #18,119 of 23,556
Any online shops in europe that stock u6t? I’m pretty curious to try them but I cannot find any place in Europe where to buy now that UK is not part of Europe anymore. Brexit was very bad for european audiophiles :frowning2:
Hifi headphones stock them and have 3 in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back