The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 4, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #18,091 of 23,720
it was a struggle to choose between u12t and u18s i auditioned the whole line, the u18s is more reference sounding but something bout u12t clicked with me, as i needed to add some flavor to the line of iems i have as most i have now are on the bright side. i had the old u12 man the u12t is not even close to it, the u12t is a huge upgrade from u12. I had the trio and liked it alot but i like the mids on u12t the most, but the treble on tia trio is more detailed and is a v shaped iem. u18t was a impressive but a bot analytical cold sounding for me but its impressive.

i will order the new crystal azla tips and some modules from Fir to see what that can offer

I can totally understand the love you have toward u12t it is one of the most favored iem in the audiophile community.

I personally would love to see 64a releasing a new Tia Trio upgrade. Many agreed that trio is u or v sounding, trio has an amazing sound signature and also has some tia air chambers which I highly like. But trio has this recessed hidden mids and vocals are its weakest point. They sound good but not even with the rest of the frequency line.

I am sure 64a can pull this out with an easy retuning there no need to make an multi ba driver iem. DD for bass and mids is the best solution for best enjoyable musical experience.
Hope @64Audio is taking my recommendation and one day will come up with a new star of the show The Tia Trio v2 🤩😍

Have you heard the U6T?

Aug 4, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #18,092 of 23,720
I can totally understand the love you have toward u12t it is one of the most favored iem in the audiophile community.

I personally would love to see 64a releasing a new Tia Trio upgrade. Many agreed that trio is u or v sounding, trio has an amazing sound signature and also has some tia air chambers which I highly like. But trio has this recessed hidden mids and vocals are its weakest point. They sound good but not even with the rest of the frequency line.

I am sure 64a can pull this out with an easy retuning there no need to make an multi ba driver iem. DD for bass and mids is the best solution for best enjoyable musical experience.
Hope @64Audio is taking my recommendation and one day will come up with a new star of the show The Tia Trio v2 🤩😍

Have you heard the U6T?
yep i like u6t and it looks really nice, it has a great tonality similar to u12t but the u12t is a u6t on steriods

for the price the u6t is a catch

my best reference sound i enjoyed is the susvara with my violectric 590, so still the search is on in the iem realm to get me that susvara sound in an iem format, the susvara is simply end game period for me in tonality

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #18,093 of 23,720
yep i like u6t and it looks really nice, it has a great tonality similar to u12t but the u12t is a u6t on steriods

for the price the u6t is a catch

my best reference sound i enjoyed is the susvara with my violectric 590, so still the search is on in the iem realm to get me that susvara sound in an iem format, the susvara is simply end game period for me in tonality
So why did you preferred u12t over u18s again?

On my mind I see u6t then u12t then the big u18s as similar sound signature

Aug 4, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #18,094 of 23,720
So why did you preferred u12t over u18s again?

On my mind I see u6t then u12t then the big u18s as similar sound signature
let me put it this way, i wanted a very dynamic iem ( full sounding in mids rich and organic ) , the u18s is amazing and has almost the same tonality to u12T but with a gentler tonality that is almost reference, but make no mistake its impressive, but i wanted to add a more wild iem to my mix of iems. The u12T is bigger sounding and more fun. But i was so close to buy the u18s but I wanted to spice up my collection and have a full sounding iem with great mids, and so the U12T won me over. But if I was to only have one iem from 64audio the U18s might have been the one as its more reference sounding and has great mids as well, but thats how I perceived the U12T is more engaging. I think and I am 100% the u18s has better mids than u12T, but remember my audition was exhausting as I tried the whole line, and in the end I just felt I want the U12T. But make no mistake both u18s and U12T are not like the fourte in soundstage and detail and this weird pleasing all sounding coming to at u from everywhere in such micro detail, dam if the fourte has the mids I was after it would have been the fourte no doubt that I would have gotten

just a note, all my testing was with final type E ear tips, and a silver cable, when I took the u12T with me home and added the sedna ear tips things changed for the better with a bigger stage and more detail on the U12T

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #18,095 of 23,720

Have you heard the U6T?
if they will do that the tia trio2 will be an instant buy :), but nothing beats the fourte in that wow factor but the mids that is what I want to see in an upcoming upgrade to fourte

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #18,096 of 23,720
Two questions:

1. Anyone notice a difference in sound, possibly significant, between a Custom Art tip and ADV sleeve/tip? I've now tried both on a U12t, and am a little shocked. I'm hesitant to state an observation as I think, by way of explanation, that one may not have been made with a good mold/scan. Others notice any sound difference between the two?

2. This is a newbie question of posting etiquette: In this Official 64 Audio Thread there are several posts about these two brands of tips (although not both together). What happens if I reply to one of these posts that's several months or a year or more old? Would that be considered a new post and therefore visible so long as one has enabled notification of new posts? Is it better to post my question above to an old post if it relates, or add at the end of a running thread as I've done here? Thanks, all.

Aug 5, 2021 at 1:14 AM Post #18,098 of 23,720
@lil BANE

I don`t know if it sounds any different but I bought this one here (also pure silver) for it`s comfort and reduced cable microphonics.

https://fiio-shop.de/en/cable/943/fiio-lc-3.5d

(Links says "lc" but it points to the correct "ls" 2-pin version)
Thanks for the suggestion! I’ve got some OE Audio angled adapters from Drop arriving soon…I’m going to connect my all silver cable from my Atlas a shot to see if it ups my U12T’s game! If I like it, I‘ll be looking for a permanent cable…

Aug 5, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #18,099 of 23,720
Aug 5, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #18,100 of 23,720
I have had the U12t for a while, although I sold it as I was missing a DD bass. But I loved the rest of its sound.
If I am looking for a U12t with a DD for bass, should I look at the Nio, the Trio, the Fourte, or none of them? What would be the most similar?

Aug 5, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #18,101 of 23,720
I have had the U12t for a while, although I sold it as I was missing a DD bass. But I loved the rest of its sound.
If I am looking for a U12t with a DD for bass, should I look at the Nio, the Trio, the Fourte, or none of them? What would be the most similar?
Are you still using universal tips? When I got the ADV custom silicone "sleeve," it completely transformed my U12t's bass. I've not heard the custom A12t but from what I've read about its plentiful bass, I'm thinking the ADV sleeve on the U12T brings it awfully close to that. Still not DD, of course, so likewise curious what people think per your question.

Aug 5, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #18,102 of 23,720
Sadly none of them are the U12t with DD. I thought Nio would be, but it's not. Trio and Fourte are their own animals, and very different to the U12t. So the search for the elusive U12t-DD continues...

Aug 5, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #18,103 of 23,720
Aug 5, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #18,104 of 23,720
Just got my u18t and i am quite happy with. Although I have heard a lot of comments that it is a bit boring sounding, i have to say I am really impressed. I was looking for an in ear counterpart to my utopia and i think i have found it. Not too much trebble, really enjoying it. I previously heard in ear pmx 10, empire odin, empire legend, solaris and i think i really like the neutrality and it is "easy to listen to". Empire odin (liked the bass but the treble was killing me, not always but too often)

Aug 5, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #18,105 of 23,720
Just got my u18t and i am quite happy with. Although I have heard a lot of comments that it is a bit boring sounding, i have to say I am really impressed. I was looking for an in ear counterpart to my utopia and i think i have found it. Not too much trebble, really enjoying it. I previously heard in ear pmx 10, empire odin, empire legend, solaris and i think i really like the neutrality and it is "easy to listen to". Empire odin (liked the bass but the treble was killing me, not always but too often)
Bass suprisingly sounds good to me (although bass on the utopia with the focal amplifier is the best (minority opinion, I know, still :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back