The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Mar 23, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #16,561 of 23,562
How do you find the CP500 with the Fourte? Do they fit ok? How do they compare to some other tips you've tried?
Scrap that CP500, I said too soon lol. While fit is good and very comfortable, the CP500 makes the Fourte sound too forward, amplifying every frequencies. I’m back to stock tips again, which I still like the best sound wise lol.

Mar 23, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #16,562 of 23,562
Scrap that CP500, I said too soon lol. While fit is good and very comfortable, the CP500 makes the Fourte sound too forward, amplifying every frequencies. I’m back to stock tips again, which I still like the best sound wise lol.

Maybe thats why 64a is using those on the u18s to bring everything forward and make it sound more tactile and snapier. Fourté is powerfull it dont need that. You actually would want to smoother it rather enhance. U18s is maybe smooth by nature so need that little extra from the spinfits.

Xelastecs has the same effects for me.

Mar 23, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #16,563 of 23,562
Maybe thats why 64a is using those on the u18s to bring everything forward and make it sound more tactile and snapier. Fourté is powerfull it dont need that. You actually would want to smoother it rather enhance. U18s is maybe smooth by nature so need that little extra from the spinfits.

Xelastecs has the same effects for me.
Man, I got to stop wasting money buying more tips. Actually I just want to get better fitting tips while maintaining the same smooth sound like the stock tips. I gave up haha.

Mar 23, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #16,564 of 23,562
What I do is I clean my iems with a vaac and a needle.
I also clean them after long session use so the wax is soft like slush and it all get sucked in like slush puppy 🤣 and everything is clean and spotless without any effort.
Do you use 64Audio's vac? I have that and I find it completely useless. No suction at all. Not worth sending it back to them due to costs back and forth to the UK. Not a happy bunny with this vac :frowning2:

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #16,565 of 23,562
What tips do people like for the Trio?

Mar 23, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #16,568 of 23,562
I loved final E
I tried Final E and liked them but the M were too small and the L would push out of my ears after a while. I’m currently using some Spinfits CP145.

Mar 23, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #16,570 of 23,562
I tried Final E and liked them but the M were too small and the L would push out of my ears after a while. I’m currently using some Spinfits CP145.
Tips that stay in my ears include foam, obviously (e.g. Comply, Dekoni, Symbio F), Xelastecs (but they also slide out at some point) and Azla Sedna Earfit Light.

Mar 23, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #16,571 of 23,562
Man, I got to stop wasting money buying more tips. Actually I just want to get better fitting tips while maintaining the same smooth sound like the stock tips. I gave up haha.
I have by now all SednaEarfit tips including the Xelastics.. SpiralDots, some Spinfits, Foam ones.. I try not to think about how much money I've spent on it getting them from overseas:upside_down: But I am happy I have them, otherwise I think I wouldn't have found the ones I like best with my U12T. The stock silicone tips sound great though, they just don't fit my ears

Mar 23, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #16,572 of 23,562
For me it's either Spiral Dots or Sedna EarFit Light Short. Between those two I'm covered.

Mar 23, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #16,573 of 23,562
I listen to edm where you feel like your floating in space, like a ritual or a meditation. It has time space stretching effects and a load of holographic imaging. It is not soft but I have a lot of different type of those genres for different modes.

Here are a couple of examples its very vast and so different to each other.

And something like this 😅

From my Dub Smoke playlist

This is a great list, listened to it this afternoon. Except, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any of it is EDM! Electronic yes, but more downtempo/chillout, some of it bordering on lounge. Don't get me wrong - I love it! But dance music it's not (well, maybe if you're totally stoned 😉).

Mar 23, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #16,574 of 23,562
This is a great list, listened to it this afternoon. Except, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any of it is EDM! Electronic yes, but more downtempo/chillout, some of it bordering on lounge. Don't get me wrong - I love it! But dance music it's not (well, maybe if you're totally stoned 😉).
1616536588278.png

Wish I could share the full GIF. I swear, she's hippie/stoned vibe-dancing, not trying to Mime!

Yeah EDM seems to be used loosely, so that is usually where all the confusion comes in that EDM is simply bass drops or best suited by bass cannon IEMs. For example, my "EDM" playlist consists of a variety-trance, house, trap, dubstep, etc.

I also surprisingly did not like LX as my sole EDM IEM. A lot of the EDM I listen to can vary from deep bass drops to the more airy female vocals and flying, atmospheric notes that accompany the basslines. A lot of the songs actually have various instruments that require strong low-level detail/texture. LX was excellent for the texture, but its' laid-back treble and thick notes would fall short on the that holographic, type of airy immersion. In fact, the bass even for bass drops would often be a bit too overwhelming for my tastes.

I really loved Noir for EDM, had excellent slam and more of the treble for the tracks that call on it. It also had a nice "height" to the staging that helped with the airy atmosphere.

One of my favorite songs, for example-"Sunset Lover" by Petit Biscuit-is considered tropical house/dance electronic/electronica according to google. But I definitely love a mid-centric/treble focused IEM for this song, and even other songs that definitely fall under more "bass-heavy".

The beauty of the hobby-so many genres where two different IEM tonalities present a differing presentation on the same favorite song(s) that we can adjust based on our mood. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back