The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Feb 4, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #15,767 of 23,668
I'm secretly hoping one of these ends up being a universal version of the A18s. Though people seem to really love the design of the handful of demo version (black body, silver faceplate border, mottled red faceplate).

I hope so too. I sold my demo A18s specifically in preparation for an official uni release. I liked the design of the demo unit, but the acrylic shell felt cheap compared to the metal official universal shells. Also, I’m not entirely sure what material the red faceplate was, but to me it looked and felt like a simple sticker. If the U18s is the unit on the right of that teaser image, it looks like it might be a nice upgrade.

Also, the 64 logo on the apex module looks cool :)

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #15,768 of 23,668
I ran a little experiment which actually turned out a lot better than I had anticipated. I put the FIR 0 modules into my U12t. Must say, I am really enjoying the sound; pleasantly surprised.

Stage feels to have some extra width and there is an improvement in instrument separation. Vocals remain very well controlled and tonally beautiful (perhaps a hair more forward than with M15). But the most positive change is a bit of a cleanup in the mid-bass, without seeming to have too much impact on sub-bass (was worried it would neuter all bass entirely).

u12t-fir0.jpg

Sounding terrific with the SendaEarfit Short and the beautiful @doctorjuggles Shaka cable.

Feb 4, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #15,769 of 23,668
E7DD8A4F-802D-4908-8283-8DBB5B9D5398.png

I reckon the silver one on the left will be a new flagship. It will still have dynamic driver as it still have a bass port. Probably a hybrid or tribrid with new drivers tech enclosed in that strange looking internal casing device.

The middle one is a custom TWS. Probably single driver. It will have the option to attach a traditional cable with IPX compatible sockets.

The black one on the right will be a new affordable EDC. It does not have bass port, so it will probably just have traditional BA drivers.

Whatever they will be, I hope @64Audio can maintain the current prices and not increase prices like some other crazy brands. Even better if they can do the reverse by reducing price slightly. Expect the unexpected as @64Audio said, that will be something awesome to happen:L3000::sunglasses::ok_hand:

The one on the left is the true wireless in my opinion because it was shown on the slideshow it had like a big one piece driver system. Plus it has no apex as you can see and it looks like it has mesh design on the sides for better bluetooth transmitter....

The middle one definitelylook like its the custom version of the left true wireless.

the right one seems like a flagship. Cause its all black, very unique design, very special look.
It can have dd port on the inside shell side so its hiden from the external noise...
I admit it looks like an u12t in black lol
Maybe this is a new u12t with a DD now? So they made it look so bad ass?

Feb 4, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #15,770 of 23,668

I reckon the silver one on the left will be a new flagship. It will still have dynamic driver as it still have a bass port. Probably a hybrid or tribrid with new drivers tech enclosed in that strange looking internal casing device.

The middle one is a custom TWS. Probably single driver. It will have the option to attach a traditional cable with IPX compatible sockets.

The black one on the right will be a new affordable EDC. It does not have bass port, so it will probably just have traditional BA drivers.

Whatever they will be, I hope @64Audio can maintain the current prices and not increase prices like some other crazy brands. Even better if they can do the reverse by reducing price slightly. Expect the unexpected as @64Audio said, that will be something awesome to happen:L3000::sunglasses::ok_hand:
The one on the right is almost certainly a high driver count IEM. The 2 pin connector protrudes out of the shell more, like the Nio, U12t, and U18t, in order to accommodate a higher driver count.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #15,771 of 23,668
The one on the right is almost certainly a high driver count IEM. The 2 pin connector protrudes out of the shell more, like the Nio, U12t, and U18t, in order to make more space inside.
no idea what any of these 3 are, but like your sleuthing and logic on that last point, @Tristy.

🕵️‍♂️

Feb 4, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #15,773 of 23,668
The one on the right is almost certainly a high driver count IEM. The 2 pin connector protrudes out of the shell more, like the Nio, U12t, and U18t, in order to accommodate a higher driver count.
Nice catch... maybe a U18S?

Feb 4, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #15,775 of 23,668
Feb 4, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #15,776 of 23,668
Hmm. Need some advice here guys!

Looked it up now and Spinfits are insanely expensive here in Norway! For pack of 240's= 289 NOK incl shipping =34 USD! Thats insane for just 1 tip. Same goes for comply tips here also. So the search for my "perfect tip" will cost alot.

If i buy one of each tip, it will cost the same as the CustomArt tips!

The CustomArt custom silicone tips is 300 Zloty= 79 USD. Thats cheap compared to buying tkps in Norway.

Or this one in acrylic? https://nocaudio.com/portfolio-item/custom-acrylic-ear-tip/ They are 133 usd.

Whats most preferable? Silicone or acryl?

Ive already got physical molds of my ears. How do i 3D scan them? Is that possible via 3D printer

At last:
Am also i little nervous about the nozzle on U12T. I dont have a problem with earwax at all, but i want to be sure nothing is gonna mess up my beloved and expensive IEM. Is a VAC s good investment? Or isnt it neccessary??

Check out MTMT audio they have a large selection of tips and shipping is free on orders of $20 US or higher

Feb 4, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #15,778 of 23,668
Late to the party but here I am.

Any suggestions for tips / cable synergies with U12T?

I actually find the stock cable and comply tips to be quite perfect. Sounds not too forward. Everything is perceivably neutral (with bass boost). When I cabled rolled, it tend to shift the balance elsewhere unpleasant, such as too much trebles or the vocals were being pushed in front of everything.
I have mine paired with an EA Code 51 cable and spinfit ear tips. An excellent combo.

Feb 4, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #15,779 of 23,668
Hi, Has anyone compared Tia Trio to Nio? I've got the trio and love it but am wonder about Nio.
I dont have the time right now to search through my older posts, but I posted some comparisons a while back in this thread. The general consensus is that the trio is more of a "high end" sound than the nio. Its maybe a little more detailed, has a bit more of an "etched" and thinner sound, while the nio is warmer and smoother. Trio is maybe a slightly v shaped signature, with a small dip in the mids, while the nio is bass and mid focused, with treble being a little less prominent. But the nio is also tuneable via swappable apex modules.

Personally, the warm smoothness of the nio won me over and it ended up being my person choice. If you are already happy with the trio, I would say the nio probably isnt necessarily worth getting in addition, unless you are specifically looking for something warmer and smoother.

Feb 5, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #15,780 of 23,668

Users who are viewing this thread

Back