The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Dec 25, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #15,168 of 23,560
I agree there's a difference between harsh and bright. The Fourte is definitely not harsh, and while it definitely has plenty of treble I wouldn't call it 'hot'. All that said it could also be very genre dependent. I generally don't listen to music that's mastered bright, like old rock, metal or some modern pop. Given I've had it less than 24 hours I may well come across a song or two where the treble spills over, but I'm yet to hear any sibilance. For all the warnings I read about having to use them with foam tips to attenuate the treble, I'm using them with Spiral Dots. This weekend I'll switch up the cable to the PW No. 10 and also the Silvergarde SX, and see what changes, if any, I can hear. Fourte is said to be quite tip/cable sensitive.

As for the R8, I couldn't ask for a more natural sounding, highly resolving source. No hiss at all, even on high gain with Turbo activated, and I it use it balanced out.

Man its really odd as I do hear plenty of hiss, with my noirs even slightly more then my Fir 5x5... I wouldnt say its unsupportable but its there. After listening sometime it seems like its fading away and gets lower, maybe the dap adapts it self?

I listen to all kind of type of music and spotify mainly, it can still get treble hot for me, like its spikes when it get very agitated with a load of dynamics and explosions in music, it get peaky occasionally depending on the tracks but not all.

A very merry Xmas indeed. Happy holidays folks!

PerfectionDistilled.jpg

Woooaaa Nice photo dude I really like it ! So exclusive :) I will say the noir would look insane there all color matched :)

Dec 25, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #15,169 of 23,560
Man its really odd as I do hear plenty of hiss, with my noirs even slightly more then my Fir 5x5... I wouldnt say its unsupportable but its there. After listening sometime it seems like its fading away and gets lower, maybe the dap adapts it self?

I listen to all kind of type of music and spotify mainly, it can still get treble hot for me, like its spikes when it get very agitated with a load of dynamics and explosions in music, it get peaky occasionally depending on the tracks but not all.

Woooaaa Nice photo dude I really like it ! So exclusive :) I will say the noir would look insane there all color matched :)

I’ve personally never felt the treble on the Noirs to be hot. Now listening to it out of SE200 with stock cable, it sounds really good. I’m in love with the thicker lower mids and good weight on both mid and sub bass which gives that extra kick in its presentation. I also hear a slight bump in upper mids which contributes to good clarity without sounding dry or bright.

Dec 25, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #15,170 of 23,560
I’ve personally never felt the treble on the Noirs to be hot. Now listening to it out of SE200 with stock cable, it sounds really good. I’m in love with the thicker lower mids and good weight on both mid and sub bass which gives that extra kick in its presentation. I also hear a slight bump in upper mids which contributes to good clarity without sounding dry or bright.

It is related to the dap. I had less so treble elevation with 1z and 1a... But I still went for a different cable to fix that further more, I guess its like that for me I am more sensitive

Dec 25, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #15,171 of 23,560
A very merry Xmas indeed. Happy holidays folks!

The photo contest has started!

20200315_161954.jpgPXL_20201226_013425014.jpg
.trashed-1611538092-PXL_20201226_012630499~2.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #15,172 of 23,560
It is related to the dap. I had less so treble elevation with 1z and 1a... But I still went for a different cable to fix that further more, I guess its like that for me I am more sensitive

Bro, that has to do with your tiger ears :D WM1Z has a treble spike, always heard it paired up with most of the IEMs. R8 on the other hand is smooth as a butter; very natural and I actually find its treble response to have a bit less sparkle in many pair ups relative to other DAPs. But our hearing is subjective, so we can't expect everybody to hear everything the same. There is never a right/wrong answer, you hear what you hear!

Dec 25, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #15,174 of 23,560
Well, since we are on a subject of R8 and 64 Audio...

hiby-r8-64audio.jpg

Dec 25, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #15,175 of 23,560
Bro, that has to do with your tiger ears :D WM1Z has a treble spike, always heard it paired up with most of the IEMs. R8 on the other hand is smooth as a butter; very natural and I actually find its treble response to have a bit less sparkle in many pair ups relative to other DAPs. But our hearing is subjective, so we can't expect everybody to hear everything the same. There is never a right/wrong answer, you hear what you hear!

A what can I do ! I am sensitive ear guy haha Every one knows I got special tiger ears lol

I will definitely be giving both the M8 and R8 a go with the Noir over the next 1-2 weeks while I am in SG.

Please share your thoughts I am curious to see how you find those 2, I ordered the M8 its on its way will be here the 31 :)

Well, since we are on a subject of R8 and 64 Audio...

hiby-r8-64audio.jpg

Oh what a show :stuck_out_tongue: beautiful

Dec 26, 2020 at 1:30 AM Post #15,176 of 23,560
I need to order an upgrade cable for IEMs: U18T (universal). I need to place the order but it looks I have to choose between two connector types: 2pin 0.78 AND 2 pin QDC. The cable is expensive and I can't risk making the order without being 100% sure. I have not found anything in my research about the type of connectors for 64 U18T. The stock cable is 3.5 stereo. I want to benefit from my DAP's 4.4 balanced output and its double DAC feature that only functions with a 2.5/4.4 jack.

Dec 26, 2020 at 2:08 AM Post #15,177 of 23,560
I need to order an upgrade cable for IEMs: U18T (universal). I need to place the order but it looks I have to choose between two connector types: 2pin 0.78 AND 2 pin QDC. The cable is expensive and I can't risk making the order without being 100% sure. I have not found anything in my research about the type of connectors for 64 U18T. The stock cable is 3.5 stereo. I want to benefit from my DAP's 4.4 balanced output and its double DAC feature that only functions with a 2.5/4.4 jack.

You're going to want the 2-pin 0.78mm. The QDC connector pins are reversed 0.75mm, and I believe (at least on the Anole VX I tried) they connect over a protruded insertion point which the 64 Audio IEMs lack. Hope this helps!

Dec 26, 2020 at 3:11 AM Post #15,180 of 23,560
Would you say the difference between Fourte and Noir in these areas is subtle or quite prominent? Also what does the added bass/midweight cost the OG Fourte in terms of stage size and clarity, if anything? Ultimately if you change one or two things in the FR you're affecting others, and also the overall signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back