The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 4, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #11,296 of 23,565
The video, I think they used pretty accurate setup to do the 'cloud based a/b test'.
I don't know how exactly they do the recording. But I have seen other people using this setup:
https://3diosound.com/

And some people using the IEM frequency response curve measurement setup.

And 1 year ago I have been to the store actually, they have a good line up of TOTLs from almost every brand (and I tried them all :) )

I am using LG V30 and a good 8+2 IEM (8 BAs & 2 DDs) to watch this video, I like u18s the best. The u18t's sound is the same as I remembered (I just sold mine 1 week ago), it is very clean and detailed, but a little bit on the lean and analytical side, while A18s sounded not only more realistic and more polite, it is also sounded like a totally different phone from u18t. Now I understand why the reviews in the say 64 Audio should give it a different name.
Tia: is more 'bloated'.
I like A18s > u18t >> Tia.

Would love to know the name of 8+2 IEM (8 BAs & 2 DDs) :)

Jul 4, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #11,297 of 23,565
Jul 4, 2020 at 8:09 AM Post #11,298 of 23,565
Just to add recently I’ve become obsessed with IU who is a korean popular soloist and actress (probably the most popular right now).

Colour me shocked when i peered closely at a picture and thought I saw apex modules in her curiously unique customs... yep she’s rocking Audio 64s!

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/iu...ne-another-final-tour-concert-love-poem-2019/

You'll be surprised how many Korean artists use 64. The ones mentioned on Soundcat's IG alone is staggering: https://www.instagram.com/soundcat_custom_gallery/

Jul 4, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #11,299 of 23,565
Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #11,301 of 23,565
Just to add recently I’ve become obsessed with IU who is a korean popular soloist and actress (probably the most popular right now).

Colour me shocked when i peered closely at a picture and thought I saw apex modules in her curiously unique customs... yep she’s rocking Audio 64s!

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/iu...ne-another-final-tour-concert-love-poem-2019/

She's been using it for a few years already, but apparently she is also using westone es60/es80

https://twitter.com/64audio/status/940038791124750336?lang=en

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #11,302 of 23,565
You'll be surprised how many Korean artists use 64. The ones mentioned on Soundcat's IG alone is staggering: https://www.instagram.com/soundcat_custom_gallery/

Might one find somewhere the approximate market share split for CIEMS among the majors like UE, 64A, JH, EE etc, ignoring the unorganized sector players (although, the whole sector might be unorganized, for that matter)? Or at least the figures sourced and averaged from a dozen or so major retailers from across the world like SoundCat?

Jul 4, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #11,303 of 23,565
Once you have reached have reached your personal endgame in all other parts of the chain should you consider kilobuck cables. Just recieved the last Triton Cardas Clear made and it was enough to sell my Leo II the same day.
IMG_20200704_184156.jpg
It's not the 1950s, but the wire source is the same. Given my experience with it so far, the u12t pairing with a Cardas Clear cable exceeds that of the much lauded Leonidas II. If you have the budget, the 1950 (or similar Cardas Clear based cables) get it, you won't be dissapointed.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #11,304 of 23,565
...all customs with "Professional Cable" ($40) despite the U or A versions being equally priced. I wonder why.
As it relates to custom models, I believe this is also because the Premium Cable is not available in "Pearl White" and because the Premium Silver Cable is not offered with recessed 2-pin connectors. Therefore the only OE option left for the custom series is the Professional Cable.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #11,305 of 23,565
Once you have reached have reached your personal endgame in all other parts of the chain should you consider kilobuck cables. Just recieved the last Triton Cardas Clear made and it was enough to sell my Leo II the same say.
IMG_20200704_184156.jpg
It's not the 1950s, but the wire source is the same. Given my experience with it so far, the u12t pairing with a Cardas Clear cable exceeds that of the much lauded Leonidas II. If you have the budget, the 1950 (or similar Cardas Clear based cables) get it, you won't be dissapointed.
Are they making a replacement? What is the price of that cable as it looks just like the 1950’s? Is it much less? Tks.

Jul 4, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #11,306 of 23,565
Are they making a replacement? What is the price of that cable as it looks just like the 1950’s? Is it much less? Tks.
Cardas wires are difficult to get for small cable makers with lower volume of business. There's also the time and detail required to make a cable with them so Triton has decided to step back with making those cables.

In terms of price it was roughly half the price of the 1950. I don't know if PW does anything special that creates a house sound with their version of the cable. But the source wires are the same Cardas Clear.

I've own both the 1960s 2 wire and Tritons Cardas Clear Light 2 wire and they sounded identical to me on the Zeus and A6t so I imagine a 1950 and the Triton Clear would sound mostly the same.

Jul 4, 2020 at 11:05 PM Post #11,307 of 23,565
I sincerely hope Lotoo S1 is more than sufficient for 64 Audio A12t or Nio to reach their near peak performance, and better than BTR5. Tiny Bluetooth amps with 4.4mm ports better get better and come in handy when carrying heavy high-end DAP bricks will start making no sense for daily commute or long jogs. Didn't realize S1 offered "EFX" preset. Thank you for revealing this.

As a owner of the Lotoo Paw S1 and U12t, I can say that it's a very good pairing. I was previously using the ifi micro BL and ended up liking the Lotoo more. It really is an amazing little device.

I'm in exactly the same boat as you. U12t is endgame. So is A12t. Oh wait, what's this shiny new blue IEM... :open_mouth:

Lol, my exact thoughts. Was 110% happy with the U12t until that shiny blue faceplate IEM came out ... With the Fir "O" module, it really will be a treat !

Jul 4, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #11,308 of 23,565
Might one find somewhere the approximate market share split for CIEMS among the majors like UE, 64A, JH, EE etc, ignoring the unorganized sector players (although, the whole sector might be unorganized, for that matter)? Or at least the figures sourced and averaged from a dozen or so major retailers from across the world like SoundCat?

Dunno. ‘Sounds like inside-baseball kinds of info. I don’t know if anyone has that data apart from the companies themselves.

Jul 5, 2020 at 12:06 AM Post #11,309 of 23,565
Dunno. ‘Sounds like inside-baseball kinds of info. I don’t know if anyone has that data apart from the companies themselves.

The high-end IEM and DAP market surely will continue to be a global billion dollar industry, but for seemingly only a few more years -before phones with better audio specs and wireless buds with better chips will enter lives to short our speciality industry, thanks to the pretty limited hearing range of humans that can be pleased to utopian levels easily enough with the growing tech which will be available at lower price-tags. Full-size premium headphones might have a lower risk of losing identity than premium IEMs and DAPs, though. Present manufacturers might as well be in the middle of the golden era for portable audio with the 2nd half soon turning out to be shockingly shorter than the 1st. A perfect time for IEM-only manufacturers to invest a part of their crazy profits into full-size cans to delay the growth plateau arrival. Or into a futuristic handheld end-to-end studio recording device that can integrate all products into one palm-sized thing: a DAC+ADC+DAP+Streamer+MicPre+Recorder+Mixer+VR since everyone is gonna be a born singer/performer/comic/influencer/guide in future. Wait, phone is going to be that anyway. Future might belong to content, not to the devices that create content nor the devices that consume it. I would put my profit dollar into content. And into scrap management industry that will be dealing with zillions of tons of legacy cables, adapters and electronics.

Can't wait for Nio review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back