The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 3, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #11,281 of 23,565
Just look away now... Cause it's the truth.U12t is interesting, it lacks the bit of warmth the Solaris 2020 has but it has more sub bass as an all BA config. Pretty slick.
I have been very impressed with the U12’s bass considering it’s a BA

Jul 3, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #11,282 of 23,565
Have a friend who has Nio pre-ordered so I'm hoping it arrives by the time phase 3 happens in our province and we can actually meet up. My wallet is heaving a sigh of relief at hearing that it avoided another expensive demo.

Beyond the Blessing 2 and Z1R, hybrids have always turned me away because of coherency issues. I can't speak for the Solaris since I've never had a chance to try it out.

As for the u12t, I spend 3 years dreaming about owning one before fate conspired to put one in my hands. And for me personally, it's my endgame.
I bet... I always have to buy what I want to demo / add to my collection or sell. It's expensive but it keeps me looking forward to those times with new gear and experiences.

I know what you mean about coherency issues and just like the U12t, the Nio does not have those issues. The Nio is better sounding to me than the Z1r (never heard blessing 2). I am willing to bet that many will agree with me about that as well.

Jul 3, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #11,284 of 23,565
I have to see Hell or High Water, perhaps watching it with Nio and Lotoo's S1 tuned to "movie" EFX preset :wink: Thanks for the recommendation @Facta and @Deezel177

And I do tend to agree, the iems with deeper low end impact bring out more intense details of sound effects and movie soundtrack scores because during the regular dialogue bass doesn't come into play as much.

Btw, I absolutely love Wind River, probably one my favorites, great storyline and acting and the cast (as my daughter calls it a mix of The Avengers, The Punisher, and The Twilight movie actors :wink: ). But it was a bad timing for that movie release, it could have won many awards if it wasn't for the connection to Miramax :frowning2: Also, love the Sicario as well and can't wait until the 3rd is released to complete the trilogy. And its soundtrack is very intense, that Johann Johansson score literally gives me chills. Was actually telling my wife the other day after watching the last season of Ozark how much I miss Sicario and can't wait for the last one :)

But anyway, back on topic :D

I sincerely hope Lotoo S1 is more than sufficient for 64 Audio A12t or Nio to reach their near peak performance, and better than BTR5. Tiny Bluetooth amps with 4.4mm ports better get better and come in handy when carrying heavy high-end DAP bricks will start making no sense for daily commute or long jogs. Didn't realize S1 offered "EFX" preset. Thank you for revealing this.

And yes, the most beautiful thing, for audiophiles like us, about directors like Denis Villeneuve and Nolan is how orgasmic the auditory effect can be when they bring together exceptional sound designers and superlative cinematographers. One can experience everything with IEMs even at the lowest volume settings that otherwise would have needed multiple high-end speakers and treatment. I sorely miss Stanley Kubrick -and all he could've done with all this new and emerging technology @Deezel177 .

---OFF TOPIC----

And, yes, the Miramax monster does deserve what he received and more but one can't deny him the credit for opening up indie film market and bringing so many dozens of great films to us from across the world that couldn't have seen the light of the day, otherwise. I especially owe gratitude for "Good Will Hunting", "Cinema Paradiso", "There Will Be Blood", "Il Postino", "Pulp Fiction", "The English Patient", "The Cider House Rules", "The Talented Mr.Ripley", "Frida", "The Crying Game", "Clerks", "Trainspotting", "Deadman", "Life is Beautiful", "Amelie", "Chacolat", "The Star Maker", "Children of Heaven", "The Reader", "Reservoir Dogs", "The Piano", "Three Colours: Blue"/"White"/"Red", "Happy Texas", "City of God", "Heaven" (Cate Blanchette), "Malena", to name a few.

Been checking with 64Audio -no 4th July sale announcement, apparently. Was hoping to get an offer on A12t.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #11,285 of 23,565
I sincerely hope Lotoo S1 is more than sufficient for 64 Audio A12t or Nio to reach their near peak performance, and better than BTR5. Tiny Bluetooth amps with 4.4mm ports better get better and come in handy when carrying heavy high-end DAP bricks will start making no sense for daily commute on and long jogs. Didn't realize S1 offered "EFX" preset. Thank you for revealing this.

And yes, the most beautiful thing, for audiophiles like us, about directors like Denis Villeneuve and Nolan is how orgasmic the auditory effect can be when they bring together exceptional sound designers and superlative cinematographers. One can experience everything with IEMs even at the lowest volume settings that otherwise would have needed multiple high-end speakers and treatment. I sorely miss Stanley Kubrick -and all he could've done with all this new and emerging technology @Deezel177 .

---OFF TOPIC----

And, yes, the Miramax monster does deserve what he received and more but one can't deny him the credit for opening up indie film market and bringing so many dozens of great films to us from across the world that couldn't have seen the light of the day, otherwise. I especially owe gratitude for "Good Will Hunting", "Cinema Paradiso", "There Will Be Blood", "Il Postino", "Pulp Fiction", "The English Patient", "The Cider House Rules", "The Talented Mr.Ripley", "Frida", "The Crying Game", "Clerks", "Trainspotting", "Deadman", "Life is Beautiful", "Amelie", "Chacolat", "The Star Maker", "Children of Heaven", "The Reader", "Reservoir Dogs", "The Piano", "Three Colours: Blue"/"White"/"Red", "Happy Texas", "City of God", "Heaven" (Cate Blanchette), "Malena", to name a few.

Been checking with 64Audio -no 4th July sale announcement, apparently. Was hoping to get an offer on A12t.
Their 4th of July sale is on the A4t only - $149 off. That's all I've seen.

Jul 3, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #11,286 of 23,565
I just bumped Nio higher, to be 7th or 8th in a review queue :D Between crazy working hours in the last 3+ months, my kids on-line schooling (thank God school is over for the summer!), and non-stop incoming boxes with review samples, I'll be lucky to catch up with everything by Xmas (of this year, of course!). That is why whenever I get a free minute in the evening to do review work, I try to focus on sharing my impressions in various threads and on FB in various groups. Plus, some days it takes me close to an hour just to answer all the PMs and Messenger questions.... I know, cry me a river, but many have asked me the same (about other products as well), and I just want you guys to know that I'm trying my best under circumstances :)

Just the way pilots are legally NOT allowed to fly for more than certain number of hours per week, headgear reviewers too should have a limit on how many items they can use and review per month before fairness in auditory judgment starts falling below industry-acceptable levels. And there ought to be long enough and frequent enough silent periods between two reviews for one to to fade out of a product's effect and to fade into the next -just the way tea-tasters take just a sip of each sample to review and swirl and spew out water before trying the next. Reviews shan't be mass-produced by individuals.

I feel your pain. Also, I am glad you are limiting your experiences and reviews only to DAPs and IEMs -adding headphones could've worsened the situation you are in.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020 at 8:57 PM Post #11,288 of 23,565
I bet... I always have to buy what I want to demo / add to my collection or sell. It's expensive but it keeps me looking forward to those times with new gear and experiences.

I know what you mean about coherency issues and just like the U12t, the Nio does not have those issues. The Nio is better sounding to me than the Z1r (never heard blessing 2). I am willing to bet that many will agree with me about that as well.

I would love to know how great an added-value those included Kimber Kables gave to Z1R, if possible, as compared to the benefits U12t or Nio must've received from the Premium Silver Cable or any equally decent aftermarket cable.

Jul 3, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #11,289 of 23,565
"Virtual" listening of A18t, A18s (u18s), Tia:

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=Mz...534&idx=1&sn=aac3333218f669ecf9fdf05d6221f222
(listening test starting at 3'14")

1593824349841.png

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020 at 2:11 AM Post #11,291 of 23,565
Jul 4, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #11,293 of 23,565
That’s pretty cool. I am not sure how accurate it is, but there was a difference. I like the Fourte the best, but I was only using my iPhone. Tks.

The video, I think they used pretty accurate setup to do the 'cloud based a/b test'.
I don't know how exactly they do the recording. But I have seen other people using this setup:
https://3diosound.com/
1593845419099.png

And some people using the IEM frequency response curve measurement setup.

And 1 year ago I have been to the store actually, they have a good line up of TOTLs from almost every brand (and I tried them all :) )

I am using LG V30 and a good 8+2 IEM (8 BAs & 2 DDs) to watch this video, I like u18s the best. The u18t's sound is the same as I remembered (I just sold mine 1 week ago), it is very clean and detailed, but a little bit on the lean and analytical side, while A18s sounded not only more realistic and more polite, it is also sounded like a totally different phone from u18t. Now I understand why the reviews in the say 64 Audio should give it a different name.
Tia: is more 'bloated'.
I like A18s > u18t >> Tia.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #11,294 of 23,565
As for the u12t, I spend 3 years dreaming about owning one before fate conspired to put one in my hands. And for me personally, it's my endgame.
I'm in exactly the same boat as you. U12t is endgame. So is A12t. Oh wait, what's this shiny new blue IEM... :open_mouth:

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020 at 5:08 AM Post #11,295 of 23,565
Yes my A12T have made me very happy, and etymotic ER4XR for public transport/ carry in my backpack.

I still can’t get the Fourte sound out of my head though it really had some bass and treble quality... like oboes sound totally different on the fourte... too bad it doesn’t come in custom :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back