The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 23, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #10,771 of 23,565
You got it nailed down my friend. It makes me wonder why these companies are not aiming for this?? Surely they would be the IEM's to rule them all.... the U12t is so close.
Because then they wouldn't sell any other IEMs and the whole industry will collapse on itself 😂

Jun 23, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #10,772 of 23,565
Yeaa Trio is for party's!
U12t for serious orchestra listening!
U12t after trio is just not their in punch and dynamism. Specially that bass and treble is the 2 main things that jumps right at you!

But I would like u12t as well. I never ab u12t and u18t but from what I understood from reviews u12t is more musical...

I think having both u12t and trio is a good complementary combo!

Heck even with my Noir I sometimes miss my Trio lol its just that fun!

To correct that I set my pw1960 cable and it makes noir very bassy.

I think I am going to sell my my pw1960 cable if anyone maybe interested?
I like stock cable more go figure

I can definitely say the A12t and Tia Trio are complementary as I have both.

Jun 23, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #10,773 of 23,565
Yeaa Trio is for party's!
U12t for serious orchestra listening!
U12t after trio is just not their in punch and dynamism. Specially that bass and treble is the 2 main things that jumps right at you!

But I would like u12t as well. I never ab u12t and u18t but from what I understood from reviews u12t is more musical...

I think having both u12t and trio is a good complementary combo!

Heck even with my Noir I sometimes miss my Trio lol its just that fun!

To correct that I set my pw1960 cable and it makes noir very bassy.

I think I am going to sell my my pw1960 cable if anyone maybe interested?
I like stock cable more go figure

yes, I would buy both if I can afford or I trade Trio with your Noir 😂

Jun 23, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #10,774 of 23,565
yes, I would buy both if I can afford or I trade Trio with your Noir 😂

Wanna trade my pw1960 for trio 🤩😍🙃🙂😉 il toss in a free Noir Stock cable

Jun 23, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #10,775 of 23,565
I have the Trio and absolutely love it. I had the Legend X, but next to the Trio it was way too much bass; to the point of being fatiguing and sometimes painful. I was interested in the Nio as I thought it might have maybe even a little bit better, more impactful bass than the Trio (slam and fullness), but it doesn't sound like it will based on the Headfonia review and from everyone's impressions here who have heard both. I love my EDM music as well as other rock and pop so it looks like the Trio is my end game (for now). I don't listen to classical at all. So I guess for the time being my searching is over.

Jun 23, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #10,777 of 23,565
What you're looking for is a U12t with Trio/Z1R bass. Refinement, separation, imaging and holographic staging with smooth, clear mids and a big, bold, slamming but also fast and textured bass that never bleeds into the mids. And a smooth treble that's never sibilant, harsh or too energetic but still airy and well extended. All in the same price bracket as the U12t.

As far as I know, such a unicorn IEM simply doesn't exist...

I'm absolutely in love with my U12T and I'm in search for the same mythical beast... but at a cost-no-object price :sweat_smile: Maybe one day...

Jun 23, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #10,778 of 23,565
Update on Nio timing from a retailer...they likely won't receive the inventory from 64A until next week, July 2 (+/-), and so I'm expecting to receive early the following week. In other words, about two weeks from now.

I presume those that ordered from 64A directly will receive prior to then.

Jun 23, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #10,779 of 23,565
Update on Nio timing from a retailer...they likely won't receive the inventory from 64A until next week, July 2 (+/-), and so I'm expecting to receive early the following week. In other words, about two weeks from now.

I presume those that ordered from 64A directly will receive prior to then.
Order direct from 64 (Friday morning) still says pending fulfillment, and still waiting on a response from their customer service, especially considering the nio page says 4 week build time now.

Trying to be patient is annoying.

Jun 23, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #10,780 of 23,565
What you're looking for is a U12t with Trio/Z1R bass. Refinement, separation, imaging and holographic staging with smooth, clear mids and a big, bold, slamming but also fast and textured bass that never bleeds into the mids. And a smooth treble that's never sibilant, harsh or too energetic but still airy and well extended. All in the same price bracket as the U12t.

As far as I know, such a unicorn IEM simply doesn't exist...
64 should take this as a sign and make a LE unicorn u12t

Jun 23, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #10,782 of 23,565
Nio ordered. On the 64Audio train.

Jun 23, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #10,785 of 23,565
Thanks everyone for sharing impressions, though we obviously only have one direct source for the nio.

Some of it sounds quite good, other bits... Guess I'll have to wait and see.

I really like my trio, but it's a little too aggressive and energetic at times, so the description of the nio being smoother and more laid back is appealing. Not sure about the bass as I often prefer that nice rumble from subbass, but time will tell just how full/warm they sound and how it night compare to say the trio, Solaris 2020 or z1r. I imagine the bass won't be on the same level of the z1r, but we shall see.

I must say, the anticipation is certainly growing. Hopefully they will fit my preferences, but if not, so be it.
i have both z1r and solaris 2020, bass goes to z1r period, but everything else goes to solaris 2020 and both are better than my tia trio that i sold . Still khan is my number one iem

z1r bold big sound bit recessed mids, best bass, many adore this signature. it has more detail than trio and mids to me are more detailed as well.
solaris 2020 amazing headroom better mids and detail
tia trio was good, liked it but not enough to keep it
khan to me is perfect still is on my top list being number 1

in the end they are all great iems

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back