The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Apr 1, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #9,766 of 23,668
Honestly the A18s isn't super responsive when it comes to cable rolling.. barely noticing differences between the EA Ares II and just about any other cable. The good news is the two look awesome together so yeah :D

LoL you dont hear a difference with ares ii vs pw1960? Well damn.

To me ares ii 8 wires is more bright and bass is not as good vs pw1960 4wires...

Apr 1, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #9,767 of 23,668
LoL you dont hear a difference with ares ii vs pw1960? Well damn.

To me ares ii 8 wires is more bright and bass is not as good vs pw1960 4wires...
I can’t really hear much of a difference between any two cables on the A18S, it isn’t specific to the 1960s

Apr 1, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #9,768 of 23,668
I know those are extremely narrow to fit the trio bore I tryed it to and at end didnt do it as it to tight.

Poor tips lol they lost their ... haha

I widened the white stems with my tools before trying to insert them. Too tight otherwise. After widening they fit great.

Advantage with those tips is great seal and they are super comfortable for long listening sessions. Also noticeable improvement in bass quality and quantity.

Apr 1, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #9,769 of 23,668
So I had been struggling to get a comfortable fit and tight seal with my Trios.

This morning I managed to widen the stems of my Shure Olive tips to allow them to fit the Trio's nozzle. It works great because the white stems are axtualky very flexible.

I am in heaven :)
Got to ask how you did it?!

How wide is the Trio bore? Need to do the same for a 5mm bore....

Cheers!

Apr 1, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #9,770 of 23,668
Got to ask how you did it?!

How wide is the Trio bore? Need to do the same for a 5mm bore....

Cheers!

The Trio bore is relatively narrow. Wider than Shure/Westone but not that much wider. Its nowhere near 5mm.

I had to widen the stem using a metallic tool. The trick is to keep turning so that the platicky rubbery white material heats up a bit and stretches. If you do it gently the stem will widen without causing any damage to the structure of the tip. The trick is to be precise and patient. Dexterity is key.

Apr 1, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #9,771 of 23,668
The Trio bore is relatively narrow. Wider than Shure/Westone but not that much wider. Its nowhere near 5mm.

I had to widen the stem using a metallic tool. The trick is to keep turning so that the platicky rubbery white material heats up a bit and stretches. If you do it gently the stem will widen without causing any damage to the structure of the tip. The trick is to be precise and patient. Dexterity is key.

Are these the tips you're working with?
http://store.treoo.com/shure-olive-eabkf1-foam-eartips-medium.html

I wonder if your method would work with Shure's triple flange silicone tips? I get pretty good performance from my Trio with SpinFit 240 tips, but am always looking for alternatives.

Apr 1, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #9,772 of 23,668
Are these the tips you're working with?
http://store.treoo.com/shure-olive-eabkf1-foam-eartips-medium.html

I wonder if your method would work with Shure's triple flange silicone tips? I get pretty good performance from my Trio with SpinFit 240 tips, but am always looking for alternatives.

Yes those are the Olive tips.

I never tried with the silicon tips. The thing with the silicon tips is they are already very stretchy and elastic so not sure if you can get the stem to widen even more.

The olive tips are great once they warm up and settle because they give as great a seal and sound isolation as I've ever had (excluding custom of course). Been using these for 14 years and they never disappoint. They are also super durable.

It's a big win for me to be able to use these on the Trio. The Trio's fit was a bit awkward and the seal not great with silicon tips.

Other foams (including stock) don't work as well for me either but I would like to try if anyone has a good suggestion.

Apr 1, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #9,773 of 23,668
Yes those are the Olive tips.

Other foams (including stock) don't work as well for me either but I would like to try if anyone has a good suggestion.

I have not had good luck with foam tips, either. To the point I don't even try them anymore, I default to silicone tips for all my IEMs. Perhaps I'll try the Shure Olives, though. Options are good.

Apr 1, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #9,774 of 23,668
Wow, been awhile since I've been in this thread. My friend just got a U12t, Z1R, and Voyager 14 and has mentioned that airiness and treble extension on the U12t is not quite an the level of the Voyager. Out of curiosity, how does the A18S treble compare in terms of airiness and extension to the U12t?

This was something that I noticed with my U10 even with impedance adapter that I was looking for more extension

Apr 1, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #9,775 of 23,668
Wow, been awhile since I've been in this thread. My friend just got a U12t, Z1R, and Voyager 14 and has mentioned that airiness and treble extension on the U12t is not quite an the level of the Voyager. Out of curiosity, how does the A18S treble compare in terms of airiness and extension to the U12t?

This was something that I noticed with my U10 even with impedance adapter that I was looking for more extension
I’d recommend he tries different tips. While the U12t isn’t the monitor with the most treble quantity, I’m confident in saying it’s treble extension is most likely higher than what he/she can hear :p

the A18S as well - goes as high up as I can hear

Apr 1, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #9,776 of 23,668
I’d recommend he tries different tips. While the U12t isn’t the monitor with the most treble quantity, I’m confident in saying it’s treble extension is most likely higher than what he/she can hear :p

the A18S as well - goes as high up as I can hear

Haha, fair enough. How does the treble quantity between the U12t and A18S compare :wink:

Apr 1, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #9,777 of 23,668
Haha, fair enough. How does the treble quantity between the U12t and A18S compare :wink:
I’d place the treble somewhere between the Z1R and the U12t. It’s definitely not treble shy but it isn’t the treble monster that is the A18t either

Apr 1, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #9,778 of 23,668
I’d place the treble somewhere between the Z1R and the U12t. It’s definitely not treble shy but it isn’t the treble monster that is the A18t either

But tia fourte has way more treble than even z1r no?

Apr 1, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #9,779 of 23,668
But tia fourte has way more treble than even z1r no?
Use silicone tips on both - I wouldn’t say so, I always found them to be very comparable in that respect

Apr 1, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #9,780 of 23,668

Users who are viewing this thread

Back