The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 21, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #7,696 of 23,651
Fourte and Ares II cable could be end game for iem's for me. The chance pairing with that cable has made an iem almost equal to my Utopia. I never thought a cable could make that kind of difference. Especially one in the $150.00 range.

Aug 21, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #7,697 of 23,651
Fourte and Ares II cable could be end game for iem's for me. The chance pairing with that cable has made an iem almost equal to my Utopia. I never thought a cable could make that kind of difference. Especially one in the $150.00 range.
It's interesting you like the Ares II so much. I have it but I was a bit unimpressed with its sound. It's a big improvement over stock, sure, but it feels like it caps the treble a bit which I don't find very pleasant

Aug 21, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #7,698 of 23,651
It's interesting you like the Ares II so much. I have it but I was a bit unimpressed with its sound. It's a big improvement over stock, sure, but it feels like it caps the treble a bit which I don't find very pleasant
Are you using it with the Fourte? I didn't like it that much with the Legend X which it came with. Just by chance I tried it on the Fourte and it made a complete new iem for me. Could be my aging years and ears.

Aug 21, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #7,699 of 23,651
Are you using it with the Fourte? I didn't like it that much with the Legend X which it came with. Just by chance I tried it on the Fourte and it made a complete new iem for me. Could be my aging years and ears.
In all fairness I've only listened to it with the Noir - not the original Fourte and the combination got way too warm. That being said the Noir is warmer than the Fourte so it might be that

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #7,700 of 23,651
Your impressions are yours, and mine are mine.

If your Fourte’s don’t sound incoherent to you, and you really like them that much, it’s great. (It might come across as a bit more credible if you weren’t simultaneously trying to hype up the IEMs you’re looking to unload though.)

However, all the Fourtes I’ve tried over the past couple years have been exactly that. They do some things great, but they fail at others. The u12t, u18t, and trio aren’t as egregiously flawed.

Wait, are you seriously arguing with someone who is intentionally trolling this thread to get people going? Did you notice that nobody else is replying back because they all clicked on Ignore (click on user name and select Ignore to stop seeing his/her posts).

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #7,701 of 23,651
Wait, are you seriously arguing with someone who is intentionally trolling this thread to get people going? Did you notice that nobody else is replying back because they all clicked on Ignore (click on user name and select Ignore to stop seeing his/her posts).

I don't have to click ignore in the profile. I just read and move along silently without replying now.

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #7,702 of 23,651

Ahh, there the button is. Thanks, pal! :D

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #7,703 of 23,651

Is that single ended or balanced version?

Still waiting for Fourte, UK dealer waiting on importation. Anyone else here waiting on deliveries after buying at Canjam London?

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #7,704 of 23,651

Still waiting for Fourte, UK dealer waiting on importation. Anyone else here waiting on deliveries after buying at Canjam London?

Unfortunately there are a couple of people waiting, on universal and custom orders. We are trying to get these as soon as possible!

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #7,705 of 23,651

Single ended.

Aug 21, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #7,707 of 23,651
Has anyone bought the custom ear plugs from 64 Audio to use for sleeping in?
Wouldn’t recommend, they’re made out of plastic and not really comfortable or long uses. Custom Art offers silicone plugs, I have those too and they’re pretty comfortable

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back