The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 16, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #7,606 of 23,720
He is now looking at the JH Audio Roxanne and Lola, with the other “all time greats” listed in his signature as being for sale.

Aug 16, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #7,611 of 23,720
hey guys roxanne or lola????

You are in the USA, so contact Alex at JH Audio and have both shipped to you as loaners. If you love bass, get Roxanne. If you love great mids, get Lola. Roxanne also has better treble than Lola.

Aug 16, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #7,612 of 23,720
More to A12t level of details.

Aug 17, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #7,613 of 23,720
Any one know where they hid the designer tool in the new website . Can’t find the damn thing for the life of me .....

You have to go to In-Ear Monitors, select any of the custom models, then click Order Now. It should bring you to the designer. So, unlike the previous one, you can't really change the model you want to order on the fly. But, I just gave it a test run, and if you do switch from one model to another - say, you were designing an A6t, then you wanted to change to an A12t - your design will automatically carry over. So, if you had already selected red-and-blue shells with black faceplates on an A6t, then you go back and click Order Now on an A12t, the designer will immediately show an A12t with red-and-blue shells and black faceplates. This is true even after you close the window, or even the browser.

Aug 17, 2019 at 2:11 AM Post #7,614 of 23,720
More to A12t level of details.
But is it nearly as good as the a12t? given that they both have 12 drivers?

also i've read some extremely positive reviews about lola, some saying they have the best midrange of all. are they really that good?

Aug 17, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #7,615 of 23,720
But is it nearly as good as the a12t? given that they both have 12 drivers?

also i've read some extremely positive reviews about lola, some saying they have the best midrange of all. are they really that good?
Different tuning, JH has a unique tuning from all.

Lola, I think the best mids are not for me. From memory it was Andromeda S like mids (I don't trust 100% on my memory). And I had andros and liked them until got bored.

Aug 18, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #7,619 of 23,720
Hey all. I finally managed to work my way up to a set of U12t’s and been doing some initial listening this weekend.

Thoroughly enjoying it, using a Fiio M11 as source and chi-fi balanced cable. A good sign for me is that no part of the frequency spectrum jumps out, and I’m not finding myself going into instant analysis mode. It’s literally just music flowing out and toes being tapped.

Lots more testing to go, which some critical listening using my go-to known tracks. But in the interim there’s a couple questions I had for those that own or have owned the U12t:

- what tips do you find works best? Currently silicon tips seem to work better than any foam tips (incl. Dekoni Bullets). The foamies tend to cut out too much space / air and emphasize midbass more than I’d like. My trusted JVC Spiral Dots are turning out my fave though they tend to get pushed back too much up the nozzle. Any decent alternatives? I’ve see the Final Audio tips being mentioned a few times.

- any suggestions on cables? Mine came with the premium cable but SE and I need balanced. Would prefer something with strong sub bass, clean midbass, good soundstaging (air and width) and has to be good with female vocal (emotion, purity, etc). Thinking some form of SPC perhaps. Anyone tried out the Forza Hybrid? Not looking to spend an excessive amount so around the $150 mark or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back