The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 28, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #7,321 of 23,665
I had a chat with Vlad Belonozhko regarding this topic today as it was quite heavily discussed on the forums.

The main reason from what I was told is that they recently had some issues with people claiming their IEMs were actually stolen and remolded, and asking for replacements, compensation etc.

He and I also agreed that purchasing a CIEM to then resell it is quite odd in of itself, as you can really get a third of its value back at best.

From a business point of view (my words not his), it is the same effort for 64 to remold and IEM as it is to build a new one from scratch. There isn't a single part of the process that gets simplified by the fact that it is a second use IEM. The difference is, that at the same cost of labor, one gets them 600 dollars, the other does 3000 (case of 18 for example). If I were in their position I would also not offer remolds.

If you want to resell an IEM, why not just stick to universals?
This is fine and dandy and all, but it doesn’t quite explain why the copout excuse? They could have just stuck to the second reason and no one would have batted an eye.

Jul 28, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #7,322 of 23,665
This is fine and dandy and all, but it doesn’t quite explain why the copout excuse? They could have just stuck to the second reason and no one would have batted an eye.

“Reshells are really unprofitable” is a perfectly acceptable reason to phase them out. That’s capitalism, baby. It would have been better to grandfather it in, though. That’s what Noble is doing.

Jul 28, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #7,324 of 23,665
“Reshells are really unprofitable” is a perfectly acceptable reason to phase them out. That’s capitalism, baby. It would have been better to grandfather it in, though. That’s what Noble is doing.
Thank you for repeating what I just said back to me.

Jul 28, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #7,325 of 23,665
Thank you for repeating what I just said back to me.

It’s not pure redundancy. I was agreeing with you that the proffered reason was unnecessary. But then I moved on from their reasons to their non-grandfathered policy, a topic on which your post was silent.

Usually that kind of segue, from a point of agreement to a different point, is a thing people do to convey that they are with you. I’m not sure why you would want to feel otherwise, but that’s the Internet for you.

Jul 28, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #7,326 of 23,665
It’s not pure redundancy. I was agreeing with you that the proffered reason was unnecessary. But then I moved on from their reasons to their non-grandfathered policy, a topic on which your post was silent.

Usually that kind of segue, from a point of agreement to a different point, is a thing people do to convey that they are with you. I’m not sure why you would want to feel otherwise, but that’s the Internet for you.
I fail to understand why you would state agreement with a subsection of a post when said post was to start with already agreeing but questioning an original post.

You know what, nevermind. This semantic argument is beyond pointless.

Jul 28, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #7,327 of 23,665
If you want to resell an IEM, why not just stick to universals?
For similar reasons I bought the U12t and listened to it for 6 months before going custom.

I hardly made a loss and consider the x hundred pounds I didn’t recoup a reasonable “rental fee”.

Jul 28, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #7,328 of 23,665
For similar reasons I bought the U12t and listened to it for 6 months before going custom.

I hardly made a loss and consider the x hundred pounds I didn’t recoup a reasonable “rental fee”.
Same here!

Has anyone ordered on the new site? I ordered customs Thursday night and the order hasn’t moved yet. Still in “Pending Verification”. Paid for rush, hoping it gets out in 6 days! xD

Jul 28, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #7,329 of 23,665
I got my first custom (Legend X) delivered on Saturday and will never go back to universals. The comfort is worth it. My second custom (A12t) is in manufacturing now.

Jul 28, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #7,330 of 23,665
I think I won’t ever go back universal iems again. Its really hard to get a good seal on my left ear. Im on the EE right now but I can’t enjoy them cus it keep popping out of my left ear. I have to use foam tips but they aren’t comfortable.

AD8D5438-22B7-4670-840A-0741E46F642B.jpeg

Btw they aren’t my cup of tea. Legend X has too much bass and long decay which I don’t like.

Jul 29, 2019 at 1:18 AM Post #7,331 of 23,665
People generally get very touchy feely when a company directly expresses a financial motivation behind a certain change in customer service. Why does it matter what reason they gave you? In the end of the day it’s perfectly reasonable that they don’t do ownership transfer

Jul 29, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #7,332 of 23,665
People generally get very touchy feely when a company directly expresses a financial motivation behind a certain change in customer service. Why does it matter what reason they gave you? In the end of the day it’s perfectly reasonable that they don’t do ownership transfer
People get even touchy feelier when they feel like a company is using nonsensical reasons to justify controversial decisions, be the genuine reasons actually reasonable or not. It’s not so much a question of whether or not their financial motivation is justified as it is whether or not it’s a smart idea to effectively hide your real intentions to your customer (read: spinning something that’s really for 64’s benefit as something actually for the benefit of the customer).

Jul 29, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #7,335 of 23,665
How does the Tia Fourte Nior compare with the original Tia Fourte? Worth the upgrade?
I listened to it for a while this weekend. To my ears it was much, much nicer, worth the price difference easily. I don’t know if I would upgrade to it if I already had the Fourte though. It is warmer, with more textured bass, added smoothness to the mids and treble that’s actually appropriate to the rest of the IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back