The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Feb 16, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #5,911 of 23,668
I'm trying to decide between the A6t and N8 for my next custom IEM. I prefer a mid-forward signature (I listen to a lot of female vocals) and it sounds like the A6t would be the perfect CIEM for me. However, I already have the Fitear TG!334s and the Kumitate Lab Sirius, so I wasn't sure if I really wanted another mid-forward IEM. The N8 looks interesting too as I haven't really owned a good hybrid IEM. Extra bass and smooth (based on the reviews that I've seen) also sound like a nice IEM for me. Has anyone heard both of these before and can compare them? Thanks!

Feb 16, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #5,912 of 23,668
I'm trying to decide between the A6t and N8 for my next custom IEM. I prefer a mid-forward signature (I listen to a lot of female vocals) and it sounds like the A6t would be the perfect CIEM for me. However, I already have the Fitear TG!334s and the Kumitate Lab Sirius, so I wasn't sure if I really wanted another mid-forward IEM. The N8 looks interesting too as I haven't really owned a good hybrid IEM. Extra bass and smooth (based on the reviews that I've seen) also sound like a nice IEM for me. Has anyone heard both of these before and can compare them? Thanks!

The N8 has a laid-back upper-midrange from memory, so I wouldn’t necessarily prefer it over the A6t for female vocals. The A6t has a ton more bass than the Sirius, and it’s certainly bolder, denser in the midrange; less dainty and delicate. I think the A6t forms a nice bridge between your personal preferences and what you wish to get out of the N8.

Feb 16, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #5,914 of 23,668
Would you say that 64 audio IEM's are the endgame, as in there is nothing better?
One of the few at the top might be a better way to put it. They are excellent, but also realize custom IEM’s are much better than universals. Their seal is much better making for better bass and the midrange presence also improves. Essentially a quieter background for your music. Personally I feel Noble is right there and their Khan, although universal, might be better then the Fourte and definitely better than the U18 to my ears. However the A18, which is custom, might be the better comparison, but I do not have one. The custom Noble Encore I also feel is one of the best out there and don’t forget about Campfire and many others. However, you are definitely dealing with one of the best. Tks.

Feb 16, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #5,915 of 23,668
Here's how I interpret "endgame" or "best I ever heard" when I see it...

If enough people say, "this is the best," or "this is my endgame," AND the initial hype train has left the station already, I put that iem/headphone/dap (whatever we're talking about) on a list of stuff to try for myself.

Then I decide if I agree AND if it suits my personal preferences.

If yes AND yes AND I can afford it, I kiss my money goodbye.

Feb 16, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #5,916 of 23,668
Here's how I interpret "endgame" or "best I ever heard" when I see it...

If enough people say, "this is the best," or "this is my endgame," AND the initial hype train has left the station already, I put that iem/headphone/dap (whatever we're talking about) on a list of stuff to try for myself.

Then I decide if I agree AND if it suits my personal preferences.

If yes AND yes AND I can afford it, I kiss my money goodbye.

Endgame should mean that the user is happy with all aspects of their setup. From c/iems to daps to cables down to the files used for music itself. Doesn't have to have mega $$$ to it. As long as the user is perfectly happy that should be enough. Of course the combination of being human and headfi means this is very rarely achieved as we are always curious about new stuff.

Feb 18, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #5,917 of 23,668
I've been using this pairing for some long 7hr+ coach journeys and the comfort of my A6t's is outstanding. I can have them in for 6/7hrs+ at a time with no discomfort whatsoever, they are the perfect companion for long trips. Also I love the sound of the A6t, just the right amount of impact whilst retaining a fairly neutral overall balance, just pure enjoyment for me.

(please excuse the MP3 file that is playing)

51847287_2220690901339819_4465924075465736192_n.jpg

Feb 18, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #5,918 of 23,668
Hey Guys,

I shared some impressions of the Tia IEMs on my blog/site, as well as a Tia Fourte review. If you are interested in purchasing any of these IEMs, I hope they are useful! : ) Thanks so much for checking them out if you take the time too, I really really appreciate it. Also, any tips or suggestions to make the blog better would be awesome : )

https://headphonesnstuff.home.blog/2019/02/19/64-audios-tia-fourte-a-pure-powerhouse-of-an-iem/

https://headphonesnstuff.home.blog/2019/02/19/64-audio-iems-an-amazing-trio/

Feb 20, 2019 at 12:33 AM Post #5,923 of 23,668
Got my A18t! The fit is incredible. Nice and snug with great isolation, I missed this sound. I had tears on the first song I heard.

Congrats, man!

Love the look of the design. Just wait until you spend some more quality time with these...

Feb 20, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #5,924 of 23,668
order placed for my A12T...now starts the anxiety of the wait!

anyone here tried the premium cable on the CIEMs?

Feb 21, 2019 at 4:32 AM Post #5,925 of 23,668
Hi,

So I just received my A12T:s and I am in love with the sound and the soundstage! I also love the instrument separation, I truly have no complaints regarding the signature of the sound. It's just what I wanted.

But I have some concerns..

These are my first CIEM:s and I do not know how much they are supposed to seal and how they are supposed to feel. When I put them in almost everything is silent but I can still hear higher frequency sounds.
If I have no music playing I can still hear my mechanical keyboard while I am typing. I can also hear people talking but it's very muffled and it's also very very low. Is this normal? Or should it be as silent as when I was at the audiologist and got my impressions?

Because when I got my impressions I truly experienced silence! I couldn't hear anything at all but I guess that CIEM:s will never be that silent? I've also read that acrylic CIEM:s will have a harder time getting a proper seal compared to silicone.

Another question regarding the fit, I have no problem inserting the A12T:s. And when I remove them I have to twist them to break the "seal" or else they won't come out. When I have them in I can still feel them, today I will try to have them in for a longer period of time.
And I truly hope that they won't start irritating my ears, but I guess my ears have to get used to this kind of feeling?

So to sum up, what kind of seal should I expect and what are you supposed to hear (outer noise) while you have them in?

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back