The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Feb 22, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #5,943 of 23,720
I’m actually thinking I prefer the M15 module with the custom fit.

This changed based on the music I listen to. . . and how you feel one day to the next. . . that's why l like the choice between the two. . . When I want the energy, I go for the M20. . .when I want the calmness, the M15 is my choice. . .

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #5,944 of 23,720
This will change based on the type of music you listen to. . . and how you feel one day to the next. . . that's why l like the choice between the two. . . When I want the energy, I go for the M20. . .when I want the calmness, the M15 is my choice. . .

I’m just comparing everything to my Legend X really and I feel the M15 offers more of a difference. But yep, the ability to choose either whenever I want is amazing.

Feb 22, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #5,949 of 23,720
I’m actually thinking I prefer the M15 module with the custom fit.

I also started with the m20 with my A18t and gravitated towards the m15 along the way and now I almost use the m15 exclusively. The sound opens up with the m15 and you get a bit more soundstage. I think you also get used to the lessen bass impact compared to the m20 over time. In terms of A18t's bass response, I like its speed over its impact so a little less impact is fine with me.

Feb 23, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #5,950 of 23,720
From memory the A18t does sound slightly different than the U18t, I don’t recall this much bass impact with the U18t that I get with the A18t.

The more time you spend listening, the more of a difference you'll notice.

Feb 23, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #5,951 of 23,720
The more time you spend listening, the more of a difference you'll notice.

I think this difference has everything to do with the seal you get with a custom fit vs a universal... the universal can come close, but I don’t think it can ever match up with a custom fit... the seal is everything...

Feb 23, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #5,952 of 23,720
I use my !8 with M15 module mostly. But as some have mentioned already, it doesn't hurt to have M20 should the need arise.

I extensively use a18 everyday and they're my go to IEMs now (Custom Art Harmony 8.2 is the other one, but it doesn't get much time nowadays). I pair with K-modded Sony WM1Z with 1960 2 wire cable. So, so, so nice. :)

Legend-x bass quality is outstanding. the texture and details in the bass is awesome. I haven't heard that quality of bass any TOTL iem so far. However it is not an all rounder. On some tracks it is not as good as it is with the rest of the tracks. I had the universal version and sold it. I dislike universal as the fit keeps changing. I prefer customs. Hopefully I'll get the custom version of legend-x someday.

Feb 24, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #5,953 of 23,720
now I'm wondering about the Legend X. . . .
No need to wonder I have a pair few hours old that I need to sell. Proof can be provided and I have listed in eBay as well. PM me if interested.

Feb 24, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #5,954 of 23,720
Just got my N8s, i like what i'm hearing so far.
I blindly bought them based on twister and linus review and just as expected they have a bass/low end emphasis that extends a little into the lower mids and a really lush treble that`s free of any kind of sibilance.

To be honest i probably would like them more if the treble was a little more forward (guess i got used to the UM house of sound) and less midbass. I`m anxiously waiting for crinacle to disclose his mod as it might lower the midbass while maintaning the subbass.

the only thing that really bothers me is the EA cable connection to the n8 socket, should the black spot on the cable connector go all the way inside the socket?

aIaBFBk.jpg

73DFa7G

Feb 24, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #5,955 of 23,720
Just got my N8s, i like what i'm hearing so far.
I blindly bought them based on twister and linus review and just as expected they have a bass/low end emphasis that extends a little into the lower mids and a really lush treble that`s free of any kind of sibilance.

To be honest i probably would like them more if the treble was a little more forward (guess i got used to the UM house of sound) and less midbass. I`m anxiously waiting for crinacle to disclose his mod as it might lower the midbass while maintaning the subbass.

the only thing that really bothers me is the EA cable connection to the n8 socket, should the black spot on the cable connector go all the way inside the socket?

aIaBFBk.jpg

73DFa7G

It should. Given 64 Audio’s 3D-printed shells (i.e. very little hand-made shell components), socket consistency should be tight as well. I definitely wouldn’t recommend forcing the socket to go in all the way. But, I would implore you to try wiggling the connector a bit. If it wobbles, then it should be able to go all the way in; perhaps the sockets are a hair narrower or the pins are a hair wider than usual. If that’s the case, you can easily reduce that tightness by plugging and unplugging the stock cable into that socket multiple times. It should loosen the socket just enough to let those tighter pins budge. If the connection is tight and un-wobbly as is, then it should be fine; just a visual thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back