The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Oct 23, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #5,491 of 23,560
Hi, Question - I've seen a used pair of U12t at a very appealing price however the wax guard of one of the earphones has dislodged. How much of an issue is this?

Hi there,

Please contact us at support@64audio.com. We are more then happy to answer any questions you might have!

-Kalani

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Oct 25, 2018 at 5:21 AM Post #5,492 of 23,560
20181025_021858.jpg

My A12t's finally came today , I will be doing alot of listening over the next couple of days:ksc75smile:

Oct 25, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #5,493 of 23,560
Very glad my N8 arrived yesterday, after 5.5 weeks (in part due to US customs holding my impressions hostage for quite some time). Comfort is... slowly growing on me. It's a tight fit and I have to play around to get them seated perfectly, especially on the left side. Pulling that one out is not comfortable as well. I would have preferred a less deep nozzle, but on the other hand isolation is very good.

I'm only using them with an Earstudio ES100 with an iPhone as source, since that's my current setup for on-the-go. They sound better than I remember the universal demo units, much better treble and clearer bass which has less mids and more subbass. So bass is less dominant than on the demo unit, which is a good thing. Plus it's so nice and deep... just perfect. I think I can live with them for some time...

351149D3-2834-42F5-AA33-7366A25C9DAD.jpeg 2BDFC39C-5E7D-40CE-B7BB-D8A28442924D.jpeg

Oct 25, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #5,494 of 23,560
Very glad my N8 arrived yesterday, after 5.5 weeks (in part due to US customs holding my impressions hostage for quite some time). Comfort is... slowly growing on me. It's a tight fit and I have to play around to get them seated perfectly, especially on the left side. Pulling that one out is not comfortable as well. I would have preferred a less deep nozzle, but on the other hand isolation is very good.

I'm only using them with an Earstudio ES100 with an iPhone as source, since that's my current setup for on-the-go. They sound better than I remember the universal demo units, much better treble and clearer bass which has less mids and more subbass. So bass is less dominant than on the demo unit, which is a good thing. Plus it's so nice and deep... just perfect. I think I can live with them for some time...

Send them back for adjustment. I did, with great results.

Oct 25, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #5,495 of 23,560

Hi There!

Our refit tech recommends that you continue to wear your IEMs for another two weeks as your ears may not be accustomed to custom IEMs.

If you continue to have issues with the fit, please contact us at refits@64audio.com.

Thank you for being a part of the 64 Audio Family!

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Oct 25, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #5,496 of 23,560
Send them back for adjustment. I did, with great results.

Hi There!

Our refit tech recommends that you continue to wear your IEMs for another two weeks as your ears may not be accustomed to custom IEMs.

If you continue to have issues with the fit, please contact us at refits@64audio.com.

Thank you for being a part of the 64 Audio Family!

I'll definitely wait some time and adjust. I already got better at inserting them and fine tuning their position to get good comfort, plus I live in Europe, which would mean a multi-week roundtrip. And that is not a welcome outlook given how nice they sound...

It's my first custom, but I do own custom hearing protection for a long time already (I was working as a live sound engineer for some time), so it's not completely new to me. But those are softer silicone, therefore much easier to insert and remove. I guess it'll be fine after some days of using them and experimenting with slightly turning them into a perfect position.

I got clear shells, and spent some time studying their internals already. While I found the tia driver (right in the nozzle), the bass driver (easy, being the only round part in there) and 6 BA drivers as a block. One is missing in my count, I'll have to take a closer look... it's quite crowded in there.

Given my preferred electronic music, I'm really happy with the sound signature of the N8. Most important, it does not overwhelm everything with unstructured bass, but keeps it in a reasonable balance. Plus they are smooth and welcoming, but without loosing detail. I have to dig through some vocal oriented titles...

Another thing I'm eager to try out is, do the valves help when using them on a plane? I always avoided using my SE846 when flying due to the buildup of pressure. Using them on the subway they seem to isolate much better than I expected, so i GitHawk be able to avoid carrying extra ANC headphones with me.

Oct 26, 2018 at 1:04 AM Post #5,497 of 23,560
Very glad my N8 arrived yesterday, after 5.5 weeks (in part due to US customs holding my impressions hostage for quite some time). Comfort is... slowly growing on me. It's a tight fit and I have to play around to get them seated perfectly, especially on the left side. Pulling that one out is not comfortable as well.

Consider trying some ear lubrication such as the one available on 64Audio site:

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #5,498 of 23,560
Consider trying some ear lubrication such as the one available on 64Audio site:
Thanks, I may consider that before sending them back for adjustment. But I do get better at inserting them already... pushing them the whole way in is (obviously) important, moving the jaw a bit does help. But this all sounds harder and more uncomfortable than it actually is. I'll figure out how to take them out...

And they are definitely worth it. Just listened to one of my favorite titles (Deepend: Waiting for the summer), beautiful vocals, strong bass with just the right amount of decay, brilliant treble. Love it. This was the first try with a Hugo, starting at the lowest volume setting and turning it up just a little bit.

Edit:
Getting better at inserting them... trying to pay attention to how they slide in to prepare for getting them out easier.
Bought some fresh music today, now listening from my AK380SS, which is a touch lighter in sound (though nicht in weight) than the Hugo, having a slightly less energetic bass. A very nice combination as well, bass is well structured, reaches very deep (very important to me, I can't stand too much midbass) and does not disturb the lower mids. Voices are present, articulated and full of life. Well done.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #5,499 of 23,560
How do people feel about the M15 compared with the M20 modules on the A12T? I’m leaning toward the M15 for a more neutral response. My main concern is vocal performance and I’m not a huge bass-head. I’m also planning to use quite a lot on plane trips - does the M15 offer enough isolation for that?

Oct 27, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #5,500 of 23,560
How do people feel about the M15 compared with the M20 modules on the A12T? I’m leaning toward the M15 for a more neutral response. My main concern is vocal performance and I’m not a huge bass-head. I’m also planning to use quite a lot on plane trips - does the M15 offer enough isolation for that?
I swap both all the time, depending on taste for what I’m listening. For isolation, I use both on flights and I don’t really notice much of a difference.

Oct 27, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #5,501 of 23,560
On the A18, don't hear much of a difference in isolation between the 15 or 20 module. The overall build quality of the custom 64 Audio stuff is very high...and that plays the biggest role in isolating you from the outside world. Good fit will of course also have a lot to do with the ear impressions you provide to 64A.

From a sound standpoint, the 12t has a less neutral frequency response (bass bump and less extended highs) than the 18t. For someone leaning towards a more neutral response like you say your are looking for, the 15 module is always going to be the one to keep things more neutral, particularly on the 12t.

It takes 30 seconds to swap modules, so it's never a big deal to A/B...having this option adds a lot of value.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #5,503 of 23,560
Sounds like you're answering your own question...not sure how things work with a "dealer."

If purchased directly from 64A, you are supposed to receive both modules - check "included accessories": https://www.64audio.com/product/A12t-Custom-In-Ear-Monitor

If for some reason you need to choose, based on your preferences (and my personal experience) m15's the way to go.

Oct 27, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #5,505 of 23,560
Sure thing, buddy.

Enjoy your A12t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back