The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 19, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #4,726 of 23,544
Jun 19, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #4,727 of 23,544
I just heard back from Custom Art:

"It's not possible because the nozzle of the IEM is sleek with no protrusion (like say shure) which means that the tips won't hold on the nozzle and it would be risky as they would more then likely stay in your canal when you try remove IEMs from your ear."

Well that's unfortunate. I've heard good things about their custom tips.

They also won't do westone ones for the same reason :frowning2:

Jun 19, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #4,728 of 23,544
They also won't do westone ones for the same reason :frowning2:
Getting custom tips are a hit and miss, your pretty much don't know until they see what you want to get them done. I went through 3 pairs of IEMs before I got a pair done. Ended up getting customs anyways.

Jun 20, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #4,732 of 23,544
I like how SW22 pairs with the old U12 with Adel B1/ Apex m15, just the right amount of bass with great resolution & details. While I don't have the A12t, I am currently pairing an A18t w/ m20 with SW22, still finding great (even better bc of the A18) resolution with this pairing but less bass impact than I'd like.

I'll be receiving a gold-plated silver poison and a black widow 22 V2 in a few weeks (I hope). Hopefully they'll also pair well with these IEMs.
I am also finding a pairing cable for my A18t whose vocal lacks emotional resonance with a pure silver cable. While I like crystal clear sound and don't care much about bass impact or amount, I am looking at the Toxic Medusa 17 and the PW audio flagship copper cables. Hope you share your views on how copper and gold-silver alloyed cables differ in vocal performance!

Jun 20, 2018 at 3:20 AM Post #4,733 of 23,544
I am also finding a pairing cable for my A18t whose vocal lacks emotional resonance with a pure silver cable. While I like crystal clear sound and don't care much about bass impact or amount, I am looking at the Toxic Medusa 17 and the PW audio flagship copper cables. Hope you share your views on how copper and gold-silver alloyed cables differ in vocal performance!
The SW22 has some gold in it so it's also a gold-silver alloyed cable, but yes, I would say its vocal performance also kind of lacks "emotional resonance" hence I ordered the GSP from Toxic because I heard good things about its vocal performance. Funny I originally ordered a 4-wire GSP for my U12 but 6 months later, I got an A18t so I kind of wished I ordered the 8-wire version instead.

By the way, I have not received my cables yet from Toxic as Frank @ Toxic cables is dealing with some personal matters.

Recently I'm kind of intrigued by @PinkyPowers ' Thor II 8-wire review and I'm wondering how well this cable does in the vocal performance department. I've also heard many good things about Hansound's Aegis 4-wire cable in terms of vocal performance but I'm waiting for them to release the 8-wire version of this cable before I go audition these pairings.

Jun 20, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #4,734 of 23,544
I'd recommend the Lionheart

Jun 20, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #4,736 of 23,544
Now everything except the A2 and A3 has Tia drivers, sheesh if I knew they were dropping the A6t I wouldn't gotten the A3.

Jun 20, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #4,737 of 23,544
Is anyone using the GS849 Cable?

Have it, don't like it for the u18 (decreases detail and clarity a bit, without much to show for it)

I'd recommend the Lionheart

I've heard it changes the sound signature on the u18, significantly warming it up, decreasing detail and decreasing soundstage too. these last two definitely put me off it, for 500 usd I'd like to not mess with the detail retrieval and soundstage of my u18.

honestly, right now only Horus and Janus are serious candidates for a cable and both are too expensive. maybe leonidas...

Jun 20, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #4,738 of 23,544
The N8 logo looks nice, too bad you cant use it as an option for the other models. That said, this is a pretty easy to drive pair of IEMs: 6 Ohms, though smartphones probably wont sound good with it at all.

Jun 20, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #4,739 of 23,544
Any of you here have a DAP recommendation? I'm thinking that getting something with much lower output impedance might improve things, especially the hissing (but that might just be the senstivity)

Jun 20, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #4,740 of 23,544
The N8 logo looks nice, too bad you cant use it as an option for the other models. That said, this is a pretty easy to drive pair of IEMs: 6 Ohms, though smartphones probably wont sound good with it at all.

Well, that's Nathan East initials, after all, for N8 model :wink: Wonder if you can ask 64audio to customize other iems with it, though kind of defeats the purpose of association with his sound tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back