The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 7, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #4,516 of 23,544
It's true! This morning we did launch three new Custom models: The A6t, A4t, and A3e. Our R&D and Engineering teams went all-in with our tia Technology for this launch. The story of tia began right here at the start of this thread back in late 2016 with the launch of the tia Fourté. Since then we've been able to bring this technology from the $3,000+ price point down to $999 with the launch of the A4t. We truly believe in the benefits of this technology and our goal is to make it more accessible to more audiophiles and musicians.

The links above will take you to the individual product pages for more detail. We've also put together a short film of our Founder, Vitaliy, discussing the origins of tia and some unique insights about our goals as a company.

June 7th, 2018

64 Audio makes its tubeless technology even more attainable with the launch of three all-new custom in-ear monitors.

64 Audio unveils the A6t, A4t, and A3e custom in-ear monitors, two of which feature the company’s patent-pending tubeless tiaTM technology. All three models can be customized and ordered at www.64audio.com and 64 Audio retailers starting June 7th, 2018.

June 7th, 2018 - 64 Audio, the leader in custom and universal-fit in-ear monitors, today launched 3 new custom models for musicians and audiophiles: the A6t ($1299), A4t ($999), and A3e ($699). Each model has a unique sound signature, allowing musicians and audiophiles to choose a model that caters to their musical tastes.

Headlining for the A6t and A4t is tia, a technology exclusive to 64 Audio that works by eliminating sound-altering tubes and dampers. Sound produced by the tia system is able to disperse freely and effortlessly, yielding an incredibly smooth and musical frequency response. The A6t and A4t feature two major elements of the tia system: the tia high driver and the tia single bore design.

“This is a significant launch for us. It represents the culmination of some very hard work by our R&D and Engineering teams to bring a technology that was once available only in our flagship products into virtually our entire lineup. I’ve been wanting to do this for a long time and I’m thrilled that we can make it available to even more musicians and audiophiles out there.”

- Vitaliy Belonozhko, Founder and Chief Sound Designer​

A3e Details
The A3e is an extremely versatile IEM with impressive clarity and warmth for any instrument or genre. With its neutral and balanced tuning, the A3e delivers a surprisingly transparent and musical sound ideal for musicians and music lovers alike. This 3-driver earphone features LID (Linear Impedance Design), a technology exclusive to 64 Audio that ensures a consistent frequency response regardless of the source, perfect for musicians plugging into a variety of equipment.

A4t Details
Building off of 64 Audio’s popular 4-driver design, the A4t is the company’s entry into its proprietary tia technology, delivering exceptionally lifelike clarity and musicality. Its balanced sound signature makes it the perfect fit for just about any genre.

A6t Details
The “in-ear monitor of choice” for touring musicians and discerning music lovers, the A6t features tia and LID to greatly improve its popular 6-driver predecessor. Featuring a full and detailed sound signature that brings out the warmth and musicality in any live mix or recording, the A6t is ideal for musicians and audiophiles looking for added accuracy and resolution.

apex Technology and 3D Fit
All 3 models also feature 64 Audio’s patent-pending apex (Air Pressure Exchange) Technology, a pneumatically interactive vent that dramatically reduces listening fatigue by releasing sound pressure that is inherent in earphone designs. 3D Fit is 64 Audio’s proprietary 3D printing process that results in a personalized fit not found in any other IEM.

For details about the new models, please visit www.64audio.com/store/a-series
Learn more about tia here: www.64audio.com/technology/tia
Learn more about apex here: www.64audio.com/technology

About 64 Audio
64 Audio was founded by Vitaliy Belonozhko, a sound engineer who has been working with musicians and production companies for over a decade. He discovered the advantages of IEMs over traditional floor “wedges” and recognized that a better solution to in-ear monitoring was needed. Today, with a staff of over 70 people and a team of some of the best minds, 64 Audio has become the most innovative in-ear monitor manufacturer in the industry, supplying products worldwide and to some of the best-known bands and engineers in the world. With new and unrivaled technologies such as apex, LID, and tia, 64 Audio excels in challenging traditional earphone designs to bring-to-market unique and innovative audio products.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Jun 7, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #4,518 of 23,544
What is the best 64 audio monitor for stage drums?

The A18t to me fantastic for portraying the energy and crackle-and-pop of the drum kit. The Tia driver creates excellent crispness and transient attack for the snare drum, and openness and air for cymbals. While, the 8 semi-Tia bass drivers capture the punch and impact of a kick drum - almost ala dynamic driver in a way - but the swift decay makes sure transparency is always high, and you can always keep up with the bass at all times. The Tia Fourte is superior to the A18t in texture and micro-detail retrieval though. I remember listening to drums on the Fourte and the way it recreated the texture of toms - from the physicality and chestiness of the hit, to the texture of the drum head, to the bass-y overtones as it decays - was captivating. I'd personally love a bit more warmth and roundedness for my tastes, but it would've compromised the immense detail that the Fourte was capable of putting out. So, for drums as they are, these two would be my pick.

Though, I will be visiting Music Sanctuary today to try out their stuff. I'll let you know if I change my mind. :wink:

Jun 7, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #4,519 of 23,544
What is the best 64 audio monitor for stage drums?

Not withstanding the prowess of the A18t and Foutre, keep in mind the N8t is released at the end of this month

That IEM is geared exactly to your application, with a dynamic driver handling the low frequencies.

You may want read it up and give it a close consideration.

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #4,520 of 23,544
Can anyone recommend single flange silicone tips that work well for you with the u18t's other than SpinFit? I always use SpinFit but am having a hard time getting a consistent seal with the u18t's. They're possibly too thin. I received a set of the Symbio Mandarin but they do not work for my ears.

Jun 8, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #4,523 of 23,544
The new shells and logos are absolutely gorgeous. I already voided my warranty by doing some sanding (i'm a bad boy) but I'm still gonna put down the cash to get a reshell. (plus I'm on a diet to lose 20kg so my iems are already loosening :p)

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 5:46 AM Post #4,524 of 23,544
Can anyone recommend single flange silicone tips that work well for you with the u18t's other than SpinFit? I always use SpinFit but am having a hard time getting a consistent seal with the u18t's. They're possibly too thin. I received a set of the Symbio Mandarin but they do not work for my ears.

Acoustune AET07, Ortofon eartips (please remind this L size (diameter 12.5mm) is mostly equivalent to usual brand size M (Spinfit too)).

Another interesting options are AET06 (Double Flange), or the latest eartips Sedna EarFit.

Jun 8, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #4,525 of 23,544

We here at 64 Audio wanted to start a fresh thread for continuing discussion about our current and future products and plans.

A lot has happened over the past year! We successfully delivered over a thousand Kickstarter A-Series and U-Series products to our backers, changed our name from 1964 EARS to 64 Audio, moved into a larger facility and skipped across the river into Vancouver, WA, designed and manufactured our own custom carrying case, retired our venerable V-Series line, began offering an upgrade program for Qi, V6-S, and V8 customers, transitioned to apex module technology for our custom and universal-fit products, and finally, the most exciting news for us... we recently announced our eighteen-driver A18 Tzar, U18 Tzar, and the Fourté -- the first IEM built entirely using tia, our patent-pending tubeless in-ear audio technology.

Click here to learn more about the revolutionary tia™ technology

Click here to learn more about apex™ technology

The 64 Audio U18 Tzar™ is the world’s first universal-fit earphone with 18 balanced armature drivers per ear. It is the pinnacle of in-ear sound, designed for the most discerning listeners, audiophiles, and musicians who are searching for the ultimate reference sound. Pairing up a massive collection of 8 low drivers and 8 mid drivers with the tia™ high and high-mid drivers, all in a shell that's actually smaller than our previous universal-fit flagship 12 driver! The result is an incredibly tight low end, super transparent mids, remarkable high-frequency extension, and an out-of-this-world depth and soundstage. The U18 is designed with a combination of tia drivers and conventional drivers. Sound from the low and mid drivers combines in the tia single-bore and blends with amazingly detailed highs from the proprietary open balanced armature tia high driver. A protective mesh covering at the end of the stem helps to keep out debris while apex™ module technology allows for customizing the sound signature and reduces air pressure inside the ear canal for fatigue-free listening. All of this technology is housed in an aluminum shell for unmatched durability and beauty with elegant copper inlay patina faceplates. We pushed the limits with innovation and design to pack this kind of punch in a super ergonomic universal-fit design and are thrilled to finally drop this bomb on the in-ear monitor industry.

Technical Specifications:
Transducer type: Eighteen precision balanced armature drivers
Transducer configuration: 1 tia™ high, 1 high-mid, 8 mid, 8 low
Impedance: 9 ohms @ 1kHz
Sensitivity: 115 dB/mW
Frequency response: 10Hz - 20kHz
Isolation: -20dB with apex m20 module
Crossover: Integrated 4-way passive crossover

Features:
tia™ high drivers
tia™ single-bore design
apex™ Module Technology
Universal-Fit w/foam and Silicone Tips
Anodized Aluminum Shells
Warranty: 1-year Parts and Labor

Price: $2,999 (USD)
Click here to learn more about U18 Tzar

The 64 Audio A18 Tzar™ is the world’s first custom-fit earphone with 18 balanced armature drivers per ear. Designed for the most demanding listeners who are looking for the ultimate in reference sound, it features 8 low drivers, 8 mid drivers, and the incredibly smooth tia™ high and high-mid drivers. Sound from the low and mid drivers combines in the tia single-bore and blends with amazingly detailed highs from the proprietary open balanced armature tia high driver. The result is an incredibly tight low end, super transparent mids, remarkable high-frequency extension, and an out-of-this-world depth and soundstage. A protective mesh covering at the end of the stem helps to keep out debris while apex™ module technology allows for customizing the sound signature and reduces air pressure inside the ear canal for fatigue-free listening. We pushed the limits with innovation and design to fit such a driver package in a custom earphone and are thrilled to finally drop this bomb on the in-ear monitor industry.

Like all 64 Audio Custom IEMs, the A18 monitors are 3D printed based on your uniquely shaped ear impressions and are fully customizable with a wide range of handcrafted finishes. They are inherently noise isolating and are designed to work with a wide range of personal audio devices including all hard-wired and wireless monitor systems.

Transducer type: Eighteen precision balanced armature drivers
Transducer configuration: 1 tia™ high, 1 high-mid, 8 mid, 8 low
Impedance: 9 ohms @ 1kHz
Sensitivity: 116 dB/mW
Frequency response: 10Hz - 20kHz
Isolation: -20dB with apex m20 module

Features:
tia™ high drivers
tia™ single-bore design
apex™ Module Technology
Hypoallergenic, hard acrylic shells
Warranty: 2-year Parts and Labor

Price: $2,999 (USD)
Click here to learn more about A18 Tzar

The 64 Audio tia Fourté™ is a first-of-its-kind universal-fit earphone that takes full advantage of the patent pending tia™ system and everything we’ve learned up to this point in designing world-class in-ear monitors. The earphones are machined out of a solid piece of aluminum for a durable yet elegant look with beautiful copper patina finish inlayed on the faceplates. Inside, proprietary tia open balanced armatures are expertly arranged to deliver rich, natural sound in a brand new way. Featuring ground breaking technology such as frequency-shaping acoustic chambers in combination with an internal passive radiator that help to craft a visceral low end, smooth mids, and a luscious 3D soundstage. Get ready to hear detailed highs like you've never experienced before thanks to a custom open balanced armature tia high driver. Additionally, internal apex™ technology helps to vent air pressure from inside the ear canal for fatigue-free listening. We broke all the rules and started from scratch to come up with the tia Fourté and still managed to fit this ground-breaking technology into a shell that's smaller and more ergonomic than our Universal-Fit 12 driver model.

Transducer type: 3 precision balanced armature drivers, 1 dynamic driver
Transducer configuration: 1 tia™ high, 1 high-mid, 1 tia™ mid, 1 dynamic low
Impedance: 10 ohms @ 1kHz
Sensitivity: 114 dB/mW
Frequency response: 5Hz - 22kHz
Isolation: -20dB

Features:
tia™ system: tia™ drivers, single-bore, acoustic chambers, passive radiator
Internal apex™ Technology
Universal-Fit w/foam and Silicone Tips
Anodized Aluminum Shells
Warranty: 1-year Parts and Labor

Price: $3,599 (USD)

Click here to learn more about tia Fourté

(Rest assured, our newest models were designed with and optimized for ultra-low impedance sources and cables!)

Feel free to visit our website for more information about current and upcoming products and don't hesitate to get in touch with our Customer Service department for information or support. We also keep a pretty close watch here on Head-Fi so... if you've got questions about packing eighteen drivers into a shell that's smaller than a U12 or want to know more about constructing a multi-driver IEM without any tubes, we're all ears!

www.64audio.com

[tr] [td]

[/td][/tr]​
[td][/td]
I wish I could get that APEX module for my Vegas

Jun 8, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #4,527 of 23,544
Does anyone know if Black Friday discounts apply to all Customs or just specific models? My Google-fu is saying that there was a 20% on Customs and Accessories last year. If so, my upgrade to the 18t might be a lot sooner than planned. That's almost a 1k CAD difference assuming the exchange rate doesn't go up by then.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #4,529 of 23,544
I also have a hard time with fit, the Mandarins seem a bit on the small side and the spinfits just don't seal on one ear. I've pretty much settled on JVC Spiral Dots for my 64 Audio IEMs.
For Westone I use their star tips or the spinfits with no problems, I'm guessing it's the angle of the nozzle causing the differences with me.

Jun 8, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #4,530 of 23,544
The A18t to me fantastic for portraying the energy and crackle-and-pop of the drum kit. The Tia driver creates excellent crispness and transient attack for the snare drum, and openness and air for cymbals. While, the 8 semi-Tia bass drivers capture the punch and impact of a kick drum - almost ala dynamic driver in a way - but the swift decay makes sure transparency is always high, and you can always keep up with the bass at all times. The Tia Fourte is superior to the A18t in texture and micro-detail retrieval though. I remember listening to drums on the Fourte and the way it recreated the texture of toms - from the physicality and chestiness of the hit, to the texture of the drum head, to the bass-y overtones as it decays - was captivating. I'd personally love a bit more warmth and roundedness for my tastes, but it would've compromised the immense detail that the Fourte was capable of putting out. So, for drums as they are, these two would be my pick.

Though, I will be visiting Music Sanctuary today to try out their stuff. I'll let you know if I change my mind. :wink:
Can you elaborate on the semi-Tia bass drivers? The lows/mid BAs aren't regular BAs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back