The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 6, 2018 at 3:17 AM Post #4,486 of 23,544
Man I can't decide if I should pick up Trio or A18t!!!
I listened to both IEMs and they're really really good in their own ways... Anyone in the same situation here?

Assuming you auditioned the U18t & Trio, the A18t will probably be a bit better than the U18t you listened to.

Jun 6, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #4,488 of 23,544
F7CB156A-22FB-4C7A-BCD0-C8132BF4C1E5.jpeg
The tri-copper and U18t! The tri-copper to answer someone’s question is very pliant, it is as soft as a Leonidas/Lionheart

Jun 6, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #4,489 of 23,544
Jun 6, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #4,490 of 23,544
It is $550, which is actually a great value as it is a fantastic cable the erogonomics and sound perform well above the price point

Jun 6, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #4,492 of 23,544
Do any of these cables ya'll prefer for the U/A18t come in 64" length? I can deal with the usual length but prefer the extra length when I want to run the cable under my clothes/behind my back.

They are custom cable makers. What do you think? :wink:

Jun 6, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #4,494 of 23,544
Aside from using a jodi-vac, how do you clean the grills on the tia series of ciems?

Good question since jodi has a needle tip and that not gonna help you with a mesh grill. And don't try to use one of those keyboard vacs, those could damage the grill due to high suction power.

I'm playing now with a new headphone vac from FIRaudio. They got two models, Pro version (bigger, removable tube) and Jr version (more portable, attached tube), both heavy duty all metal build, reminds me of guitar effects pedals, relatively quiet, powerful, lots of accessories including 3 tips - metal needle tip, thin flexible tube tip, and plastic tip for mesh grills.

firaudio_vac-08.jpg firaudio_vac-10.jpg firaudio_vac-17.jpg firaudio_vac-19.jpg firaudio_vac-20.jpg firaudio_vac-32.jpg firaudio_vac-34.jpg firaudio_vac-35.jpg

Jun 6, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #4,495 of 23,544
Good question since jodi has a needle tip and that not gonna help you with a mesh grill. And don't try to use one of those keyboard vacs, those could damage the grill due to high suction power.

I'm playing now with a new headphone vac from FIRaudio. They got two models, Pro version (bigger, removable tube) and Jr version (more portable, attached tube), both heavy duty all metal build, reminds me of guitar effects pedals, relatively quiet, powerful, lots of accessories including 3 tips - metal needle tip, thin flexible tube tip, and plastic tip for mesh grills.

I was surprised to see Bodgan in the video on the FIR Audio site. I didn't know the 64 Family had other audio-related businesses! Interesting that the Jodi-VAC is the one on sale on 64audio.com. I think I might get myself the FIR Junior version. Thanks for the info!

Jun 6, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #4,496 of 23,544
You know you are beyond help when you start buying headphone vacs :wink:

#justJoshing #ImUsingTheseHashTagsIronicallyIDontUsuallyUseHashTagsLikeAnAss

Jun 6, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #4,497 of 23,544

With the Fir, the 64 Audio family, is obviously trying to set up a competition to Judy Vac. I salute the notion, but the product is overbuilt and the price is outright ridiculous.

But of course, they know that some of you just love to pay hundreds if not thousands of dollars for cables whose contribution to the sound quality is minuscule if not questionable.
So why not to jump on the wagon? An audiophile and his money are soon parted…Ha Ha.

If you can source out a wider diameter tip for the Judy Vac, you’ll be golden. At the end of the day, you just need to hover over the mesh.

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #4,498 of 23,544
You know you are beyond help when you start buying headphone vacs :wink:

#justJoshing #ImUsingTheseHashTagsIronicallyIDontUsuallyUseHashTagsLikeAnAss

I knew I was beyond help when I purchased my first $1K IEM... just to take full advantage of my first $1k DAP. LMAO!

Jun 6, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #4,499 of 23,544
With the Fir, the 64 Audio family, is obviously trying to set up a competition to Judy Vac. I salute the notion, but the product is overbuilt and the price is outright ridiculous.

But of course, they know that some of you just love to pay hundreds if not thousands of dollars for cables whose contribution to the sound quality is minuscule if not questionable.
So why not to jump on the wagon? An audiophile and his money are soon parted…Ha Ha.

If you can source out a wider diameter tip for the Judy Vac, you’ll be golden. At the end of the day, you just need to hover over the mesh.

While Bogdan is part of the family, he is no longer with 64 Audio, FIRaudio is his own company. And I actually think we do need competition, it's good for consumers because Jodi has a total monopoly, don't you think? Jodi VAC consumer version retail price is $146, while Jodi VAC Pro is $240, where in comparison FIRaudio Jr is $150 and Pro version $299 which also includes a rugged case and the tube is removable/replaceable. Also, Jodi stuff is made out of plastic and targeted at people to clean their hearing aid, while FIRaudio stuff is all metal durable construction, heavy duty, for musician who travel and will abuse their equipment. So it does needs to be overbuilt because it's not designed for 70 year old grandmas who will use it in retirement home, but musicians on the road. And, the price is the same when you compare apples to apples. I have seen Jodi consumer vac on sale for around $100, but that's a sale price considering it's been around for awhile, not a new product.

So, am I missing something why this got you so wound up and upset, bud? :wink: We are not talking about JH who sells Jodi VAC Pro as part of their survival kit for $700 :wink: And true, if you can find those plastic wide tips you can probably use it similarly with Jodi vac, I guess...

And before anybody jumps into any wild conclusion, I have nothing to do with FIRaudio and I swear, I'm not part of Belonozhko family :p I don't even know why I got so excited over this vac, considering I get hardly any earwax lol!!! I guess I'm just a sucker for audio gear gadgets, the same way i'm obsessing now over M0 dap. Actually planning to use this vac to clean all my daps since many with 3.5mm port where you have digital/optical out full of dust, bad for optical lens. And of course, these are the review samples, so I didn't buy it.

firaudio_vac-45.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #4,500 of 23,544
While Bogdan is part of the family, he is no longer with 64 Audio, FIRaudio is his own company. And I actually think we do need competition, it's good for consumers because Jodi has a total monopoly, don't you think? Jodi VAC consumer version retail price is $146, while Jodi VAC Pro is $240, where in comparison FIRaudio Jr is $150 and Pro version $299 which also includes a rugged case and the tube is removable/replaceable. Also, Jodi stuff is made out of plastic and targeted at people to clean their hearing aid, while FIRaudio stuff is all metal durable construction, heavy duty, for musician who travel and will abuse their equipment. So it does needs to be overbuilt because it's not designed for 70 year old grandmas who will use it in retirement home, but musicians on the road. And, the price is the same when you compare apples to apples. I have seen Jodi consumer vac on sale for around $100, but that's a sale price considering it's been around for awhile, not a new product.

So, am I missing something why this got you so wound up and upset, bud? :wink: We are not talking about JH who sells Jodi VAC Pro as part of their survival kit for $700 :wink: And true, if you can find those plastic wide tips you can probably use it similarly with Jodi vac, I guess...

And before anybody jumps into any wild conclusion, I have nothing to do with FIRaudio and I swear, I'm not part of Belonozhko family :p I don't even know why I got so excited over this vac, considering I get hardly any earwax lol!!! I guess I'm just a sucker for audio gear gadgets, the same way i'm obsessing now over M0 dap. Actually planning to use this vac to clean all my daps since many with 3.5mm port where you have digital/optical out full of dust, bad for optical lens. And of course, these are the review samples, so I didn't buy it.

Sorry but with all due respect you are jumping the gun a bit.

1) I stated unequivocally that I welcomed the new competition.

2) A typical consumer doesn't require anything above the Judi-Vac Consumer. In fact, they blll their more advanced lines as meant for hospitals and clinics. You can get it for $109 from 64 Audio website. I saw it on sale for $79...it's also on the spendy side BTW, as it's production cost is likely less than $10.

3) If you carry this sort of equipment around, a Pelican case is a must, both to protect from water damage and to keep the accessories in check. That renders the metal vs plastic discussion a moot point.

4) I admire your dedication in testing all that array of equipment. The more power to you, the more knowledge to us. Thank you!

5) I'm just trying to have people a bit more suspicious of snake oil and more sober in their assessment of product offerings. Why would I care? Just being a good citizen.

6) F$&c JH...

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back