The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 23, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #4,382 of 23,667
Just got my A18t! My order only took a little over 4 weeks to get to Taiwan, great job 64 Audio!

This is my first custom IEM and I'm really impressed with the fit, just wow. I did a relaxed-jaw, closed-mouth impression and the fit is perfect: no tightness, no looseness, and no discomfort moving my mouth/jaw around.

Time to enjoy some music!
D5FB92B9-FE70-445C-BCE8-69156427B121.jpeg

May 23, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #4,383 of 23,667
enjoy them and share with us your experience :)

May 23, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #4,384 of 23,667
Just got my A18t! My order only took a little over 4 weeks to get to Taiwan, great job 64 Audio!

This is my first custom IEM and I'm really impressed with the fit, just wow. I did a relaxed-jaw, closed-mouth impression and the fit is perfect: no tightness, no looseness, and no discomfort moving my mouth/jaw around.

Time to enjoy some music!

What are you pairing it with? Congrats

May 23, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #4,385 of 23,667
What are you pairing it with? Congrats
Thanks, I also bought a Sony WM1A today. I briefly auditioned the WM1A with A18t and kind of liked the pairing.

I've been using mostly Centrance's BlueDAC with my old U12 so I'll also try it with A18t. If I don't like this pairing, I got a Chord Mojo to fall back on.

May 23, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #4,386 of 23,667
X A18t has ever so slightly more resolution from mids to upper mids and through to highs while Trio has more down low
Trio has more the more visceral bass (pushing more air) with more impact in both mid and sub bass
Ike, would you say the Trio's enhanced bass rounds out the sometimes overpowering treble/highs of the Fourte?
I found the Fourte to be slightly strident especially on treble heavy tracks.

May 23, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #4,387 of 23,667
Ike, would you say the Trio's enhanced bass rounds out the sometimes overpowering treble/highs of the Fourte?
I found the Fourte to be slightly strident especially on treble heavy tracks.

Absolutely it does, it's a far warmer signature with comply donuts or even the 64 audio foam tips. Put on some JVC spiral dots and the signature changes noticeably a brighter signature with less bass but still more than fourte.

May 25, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #4,388 of 23,667
Anyway, fingers crossed for quick delivery, hope they ship mine within this day or next. I have bought a SpinFit CP240 for my Forte hoping they will match well.
Can anyone confirm that the SpinFit CP240's are the right size for the Tia Forte? Thanks in advance....

Edit... the CP240's are the double flange. I need to confirm which size of single flange Spinfits to order.

Last edited:
May 25, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #4,389 of 23,667
I was directed here from /r/headphones in hopes of getting some help since email seems to be a hit and miss.

About a month ago, I had some questions that I directed at info, I was able to eventually piece together the answers but I've never heard back. Same with forwarding that to impressions since they were mostly questions regarding the eartips that I had,

I actually tried placing an order with a Visa Debit yesterday since I was getting my impressions, but both entering the details as a Credit Card and through Paypal left me on the billing page with nothing indicating whether the transaction went through. I emailed Support about it, then I tried my MasterCard, and I got a notification about a transaction being blocked for security reasons so it's probably a limit on the Debit Visa more than anything else. Support did email me back, so kudos to them.

While waiting on my mastercard to process payment, I sent in my pictures of the impressions for verification so I can hopefully send them in the same day I make the order. Fingers crossed that they get back to me about it within 1 Business Day, only 4 hours left.

May 25, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #4,393 of 23,667
Hey guys Has anyone used the Alo audio reference 8 with their 18s? Would love to get some Impressions on that pairing:)

Do you want a thinner, airier, more ethereal sound? Go with the Ref8.

If that's not what you're looking for, don't go with the Ref8. :)

May 25, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #4,394 of 23,667
Do you want a thinner, airier, more ethereal sound? Go with the Ref8.

If that's not what you're looking for, don't go with the Ref8. :)
hmmm damn no I'm looking for a little more punch and vocal presence, I have the Alo sxc 8 at the moment but it's just a little bit too big and bulky I'm looking for well-made and Light with those sound characteristics is that exists

May 25, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #4,395 of 23,667
hmmm damn no I'm looking for a little more punch and vocal presence, I have the Alo sxc 8 at the moment but it's just a little bit too big and bulky I'm looking for well-made and Light with those sound characteristics is that exists

For those kinds of effects, the cable needs to gain a little weight. Wire Gauge is quite important for bass and fullness.

I would recommend the Effect Audio Ares II. That possesses the qualities you desire, though it is certainly thicker and heavier than the Ref8. But not bad. Not bad at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back