The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Apr 7, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #3,526 of 23,563
Hi. Thats interesting. In what way did you find it an improvement over the common plastics one stock cable? Sometime back Jack Vang made a reference about companies "throwing a upcharge or packing in some massed produce junk and labeling it as “premium” " while promoting EE's collaboration with EA, which you also seem to have much experience with given your constant reference to whenever a cable suggestion is asked for. Given my limited experience in audio, I frankly cant think of too many companies, 64 being one of them, that offer something other than stock plastics one cables. So is this 64 upgraded cable a genuine upgrade cable, or a simple rebranded cable?

Hi Aaron, glad to see you here. :D Compared to the stock Plastics One cable, the Lionheart presents a less intimate, more organised yet more engaging presentation. I’d need an A/B test to be more specific, but generally, the Lionheart enriches the bass through a mid-and-upper-bass bias as well as a linear upper-treble. The midrange gains forwardness and size, culminating in a bump around 6kHz for clarity and presence. But, because of a lower-treble dip and a linear upper-treble, the Lionheart does this without adding sibilance or edge. In fact, it excels because its signature comes with a mellow liquidity that won’t do any favours in - your favorite phrase - technical performance, but will immensely benefit forgiveness and musicality across all genres. Finally, compared to the Plastics One cable - as is usually the case with aftermarket cables - the Lionheart presents a blacker background and a stabler stage for better delivery of dynamics.

I actually don’t know whether or not 64Audio’s Premium cable are rebranded products. I certainly hope they aren’t, but I don’t have that kind of inside info. :wink:

Apr 7, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #3,527 of 23,563
Hi Aaron, glad to see you here. :D Compared to the stock Plastics One cable, the Lionheart presents a less intimate, more organised yet more engaging presentation. I’d need an A/B test to be more specific, but generally, the Lionheart enriches the bass through a mid-and-upper-bass bias as well as a linear upper-treble. The midrange gains forwardness and size, culminating in a bump around 6kHz for clarity and presence. But, because of a lower-treble dip and a linear upper-treble, the Lionheart does this without adding sibilance or edge. In fact, it excels because its signature comes with a mellow liquidity that won’t do any favours in - your favorite phrase - technical performance, but will immensely benefit forgiveness and musicality across all genres. Finally, compared to the Plastics One cable - as is usually the case with aftermarket cables - the Lionheart presents a blacker background and a stabler stage for better delivery of dynamics.

I actually don’t know whether or not 64Audio’s Premium cable are rebranded products. I certainly hope they aren’t, but I don’t have that kind of inside info. :wink:

Hi Lesmana. Sorry but maybe I didn’t make myself clear which is why you might have thought I wanted a comparison between the EA lion heart to a stock plastics1 cable. I never thought that for once to compare the two given the price distance, but then I’m honestly surprised that you would think that they are similar enough in performance to warrant a comparison. I was actually asking for a comparison for the stock EE cable to the plastics 1 for a stock to stock comparison, but thanks anyway.

Apr 7, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #3,528 of 23,563
Hi Lesmana. Sorry but maybe I didn’t make myself clear which is why you might have thought I wanted a comparison between the EA lion heart to a stock plastics1 cable. I never thought that for once to compare the two given the price distance, but then I’m honestly surprised that you would think that they are similar enough in performance to warrant a comparison. I was actually asking for a comparison for the stock EE cable to the plastics 1 for a stock to stock comparison, but thanks anyway.

Oh, forgive my misunderstanding. I haven't compared the stock EE cable to the Plastics One cable yet. I don't think I have the stock EE cable anymore; sorry. :)

Apr 7, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #3,529 of 23,563
Oh, forgive my misunderstanding. I haven't compared the stock EE cable to the Plastics One cable yet. I don't think I have the stock EE cable anymore; sorry. :)

Oh dear that’s unfortunate. If I may be so bold as to enquire, what happened to it? I usually keep my stock cables around as it represents the true tuning as intended by the designer. Did you change the cable by any chance. I have a Friend who has a stock EE cable that he intends to use to burn in his iems since he has no need for it anyway , but if there are issues with it i might need to advise him against it.

Apr 7, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #3,530 of 23,563
Oh dear that’s unfortunate. If I may be so bold as to enquire, what happened to it? I usually keep my stock cables around as it represents the true tuning as intended by the designer. Did you change the cable by any chance. I have a Friend who has a stock EE cable that he intends to use to burn in his iems since he has no need for it anyway , but if there are issues with it i might need to advise him against it.

I believe I left it in Singapore when I was moving back to Jakarta after graduating. There's nothing inherently wrong with it; I just decided to upgrade.

Apr 7, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #3,531 of 23,563
Okay so the U18t demo is on its way back to 64 audio. Really loved the mid-bass of those over the Fourte but that was about it. Currently using the EA Leonidas with the Fourte, I wonder if changing to something like the Ares II + will help me in the mid-bass area?

Apr 7, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #3,532 of 23,563
Okay so the U18t demo is on its way back to 64 audio. Really loved the mid-bass of those over the Fourte but that was about it. Currently using the EA Leonidas with the Fourte, I wonder if changing to something like the Ares II + will help me in the mid-bass area?
To me Ares II+ is a bit too warm. Eros II+ may work better keeping the high. Still you lose some resolution, though.

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #3,536 of 23,563

I have an Ibasso dx200 Amos 1 3 5 and an ares II + on the way so I can let you know how all the combinations with a Fourté are

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #3,537 of 23,563
Sorry *amps 1 3 and 5

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #3,538 of 23,563
Looking to make the jump for the u18t but dunno when? Should I wait for bf18?do you think 64audio can refund me if i audition and dont like them?i live in Morocco that's why its complicated for me to get gear :)

Apr 7, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #3,539 of 23,563
What overear headphone does everyone think like the Fourté sounds like?

The U18t?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back