The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Feb 16, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #2,731 of 23,668
For warm sounds Trio > U/A18t > U/A12t > Tia Fourte.
I think you will not be disappointed with bass on these IEM's. Go with A8, N8t or Trio if bass is a first priority.

Feb 16, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #2,732 of 23,668
For warm sounds Trio > U/A18t > U/A12t > Tia Fourte.
I think you will not be disappointed with bass on these IEM's. Go with A8, N8t or Trio if bass is a first priority.
The a12t is tuned warmer than the a18. I would recommend the a12t or the n8t

Feb 16, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #2,734 of 23,668
For those who were curious about the cable that comes w/ the A series vs universal series, I can confirm that it's the same cable. The only difference will be between connectors (I have both the gen 1 premium and the current standard cable), but other than that it's the same cable. Also, this is my third custom set and these are by far the best custom molds I've ever had. Very comfortable and the only way I've manage to break the seal is by opening my mouth in a very wide and unnatural manner. I also like the new single large bore. This just makes cleaning iems a lot easier and makes a big difference, vs having to clean 3-4 small bores.

A couple other things I noticed. The sockets on the IEMs are recessed. Also I've noticed a big change from the prior models or least the universals in that the Apex modules are flushed with the faceplate. only drawback I can see with this is that removing the Apex modules will be a little harder, but the module blends in very nicely with the faceplate.

As for the sound, I'm enjoying the M15 modules better, because w/ the crazy seal I got, the bass quantity was almost to the level of the U8s w/ the M20. Now they sound balanced and I'm really digging how they tuned the mids and highs on these. Also the separation, airness and layering on these is a major step from my U8s and V6 stages. I still prefer the U18s for these qualities, but the A12s are really special if you enjoy a warmer, non fatiguing signature with nicely extended treble, but which remains smooth w/ a natural tonality. I've only heard them for a few hours, but so far I'm liking them a lot.

Feb 17, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #2,735 of 23,668
I just fixed out something. To know that U/A12t suppose to be warmer is give me more questions than answers. But then I remember one thing. U/A12t have LID technology. So maybe I should compare them in high gain output. If so, then I agree that A18t is brighter than U12t. This reminded me of Tia Fourte I try at NAMM a bit.
Anyway, sweet spot for me is low gain output with M15 modules and high-res files. :) From WM1A player, I like very deep sub bass, nice heavy full bass, warm natural tone, great 3D imaging and layers. I don't need help from M20 modules at all.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #2,738 of 23,668
Hey guys,

I have a tia fourte right now and I find the treble to be kind of harsh and fatiguing. I listen to heavy metal music, so the cymbals just get too much for me for lengthy use. The folks at 64 audio were kind enough to lend me a demo pair of U18t's to try out and I find them to have a comfortable high end, but I kind of miss the upper mid clarity.

It looks like i'm going to have some thinking to do to see if I want to sell my fourtes to get the U18t. I should mention that i'm using Leonidas cables at the moment and an SP1000SS.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #2,741 of 23,668
Hey guys,

I have a tia fourte right now and I find the treble to be kind of harsh and fatiguing. I listen to heavy metal music, so the cymbals just get too much for me for lengthy use. The folks at 64 audio were kind enough to lend me a demo pair of U18t's to try out and I find them to have a comfortable high end, but I kind of miss the upper mid clarity.

It looks like i'm going to have some thinking to do to see if I want to sell my fourtes to get the U18t. I should mention that i'm using Leonidas cables at the moment and an SP1000SS.

You may want to try something like the Ares II+. From what I gather, this should tame the treble. Might be the perfect in between of Fourté and U18.

Feb 17, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #2,742 of 23,668
You may want to try something like the Ares II+. From what I gather, this should tame the treble. Might be the perfect in between of Fourté and U18.

I'll look into it, it would be much easier to get a new cable than to try to sell my tia and then try to find a used u18t

Also, would you recommend the 8 wire or standard Ares?

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #2,743 of 23,668
Hey guys,

Perhaps try some foam Comply tips if you haven't already. I couldn't listen to them with spiral dots myself

Feb 17, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #2,745 of 23,668
I'll look into it, it would be much easier to get a new cable than to try to sell my tia and then try to find a used u18t

Also, would you recommend the 8 wire or standard Ares?

Personally, I can't do 8-wire cables. Just too cumbersome and awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back