The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jan 26, 2018 at 2:01 AM Post #2,611 of 23,560
I'm guessing a price hike from the U8, as it has the TIA tech inside as well. In fact, as it has the DD, BA and Tia elements, think it could well be more in line with the Trio/Fourte if complexity of build determines the cost over there at 64 towers. Just a completely uneducated guess, though - hoping to be proved wrong when someone finally does post the price!

Jan 26, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #2,612 of 23,560
64Audio got a lot of attention today, I can tell you that they are so busy all day at the booth. Sorry, I don't remember the exact price for N8t. I took my NW-WM1A with me today for try my new A18t and other IEM's. After I get some use to my new CIEM, I was be able to try Tia Fourte, Trio, A12t and of cause N8t. I'm glad that A18t is best match for my DAP. Very like soundstage, depth, and micro-details. If I have warmer sound signature DAP like NW-WM1Z, I would probably go with Fourte because it has little more details from upper-mid to high so It's like live performance.

N8t DD drive bass is reminding me of Trio right away, I can tell you this. Yes, you get 1 Tia high, 1 high, and 6 mid just like A12t but sound signature is a little different. N8t has a bit more lower-mid when compare between the A12t. They said this IEM design for people who play drums, guitars and so on. A12t design for different purposes like singers and instrument players and so on.

For Trio, I very like warm and dead natural sound signature. DD drive bass is simply the best. You get large amount of it but no muddy at all.

Jan 26, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #2,613 of 23,560
Dang. I just upgraded my V6-Stages to A8s in November and now they pull out the hybrid custom N8t. And since my ears have been spoiled by Trió the upgrade-itis is very real again.

Jan 27, 2018 at 3:02 AM Post #2,614 of 23,560
I need a recommendation on what to do and if someone from 64audio is listening and can give me and advice, please feel free to do so, Im kind of going crazy here.

As I said a couple of days ago I bought the Utzar, when I was trying it and the forte too, I was using my iphone 6s -> DACAMP1 as source and the songs I played sounded good. Now that I have own it and Ive been using it non stop and playing different music styles and more songs that I know by heart I was taken a back by the lack of bass to the point that I thought the low drives were not working.

I played around with the EQ and rise a bit the 20 - 60 hz and/or 150hz to try to compensate but with many songs, even if I rise it a little there was a lot of distortion. I have the DACAMP1, SU-AX7 and fiio E12A and with all of them that problem was more or less present BUT on my PC using a creative AE-5 (all those gaming "enhancements" off of course) and just the EQ on, the tzar brings back those low drives from their vacation and I can hear amazing proper bass.

Playing directly from the iphone is also doing the same.

Now, I can understand that the tzar might not be as bassy as my u8 but it really sounds with many songs that the low drivers are off and even my se846 sounds with more bass than the tzar with that equipment. Again, when Im on my PC the tzar come back to life and put the u8 and se846 to shame on all fronts.

An advise will be appreciated!

Jan 27, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #2,615 of 23,560
Hmmm I can see how you may be disappointed! They are not cheap, that's for sure.

Try simple things first... make sure the plug is plugged in all the way. If not, this can give you sound in both ears but with distortion and less or no bass.

Then, make sure you are getting a good seal with the tips you are using. This is crucial for the bass. Also, try different tips, as they tend to change the sq. Your preference of tips will depend on the shape of your ear/ear canal, personality, etc. Finding the right ones is not an easy task! I have a drawer full of them and there isn't one I like 100%. I settled with the triple flange... not very comfortable but they give me the most reliable seal almost everytime. Again, ymmv.

64 audio is meticulous with their products, but there is a very small chance that you might be right in that there is an inherent problem with the low drivers. Send them an email and see what they say. Their customer service is second to none.

Jan 27, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #2,617 of 23,560
Thanks for the replays, unfortunately I've done all those things. I have lots of tips, from different brands, types and so on. The seal is not the problem because when I use them with my pc, they sound amazing but with the rest, depending on the song,not so much. Im using the m20 too.

I'll go to the store tomorrow and try more dacs. I can't justify a purchase like this and just be able to enjoy with my pc.

Jan 27, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #2,618 of 23,560
Thanks for the replays, unfortunately I've done all those things. I have lots of tips, from different brands, types and so on. The seal is not the problem because when I use them with my pc, they sound amazing but with the rest, depending on the song,not so much. Im using the m20 too.

I'll go to the store tomorrow and try more dacs. I can't justify a purchase like this and just be able to enjoy with my pc.

I'd just send them back to 64audio. Sounds more like a technical issue so just send them back and have them inspected. the longer you wait to send them back the longer you'll have to deal with the issue.

Jan 27, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #2,619 of 23,560

Do you have any other source aside from the pc to try them on? It may be that the new iems are so revealing that they are showing a fault down the chain.

Jan 27, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #2,620 of 23,560
I don't know the technicalities and specs of the U18Tsar, but isn't that the kind of thing that happens with impedance mismatches? The iPhone may just not be the source for them. Maybe an external amp or a different DAP...

Jan 27, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #2,621 of 23,560
I need a recommendation on what to do and if someone from 64audio is listening and can give me and advice, please feel free to do so, Im kind of going crazy here.

As I said a couple of days ago I bought the Utzar, when I was trying it and the forte too, I was using my iphone 6s -> DACAMP1 as source and the songs I played sounded good. Now that I have own it and Ive been using it non stop and playing different music styles and more songs that I know by heart I was taken a back by the lack of bass to the point that I thought the low drives were not working.

I played around with the EQ and rise a bit the 20 - 60 hz and/or 150hz to try to compensate but with many songs, even if I rise it a little there was a lot of distortion. I have the DACAMP1, SU-AX7 and fiio E12A and with all of them that problem was more or less present BUT on my PC using a creative AE-5 (all those gaming "enhancements" off of course) and just the EQ on, the tzar brings back those low drives from their vacation and I can hear amazing proper bass.

Playing directly from the iphone is also doing the same.

Now, I can understand that the tzar might not be as bassy as my u8 but it really sounds with many songs that the low drivers are off and even my se846 sounds with more bass than the tzar with that equipment. Again, when Im on my PC the tzar come back to life and put the u8 and se846 to shame on all fronts.

An advise will be appreciated!
Best way to make sure there is nothing wrong with them is to send them in to us to get then tested to make sure they are in 100% working order.
Please Submit the Service Request on our website before sending them in.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Jan 28, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #2,622 of 23,560
Hmmm, I'm starting to use m15 modules more than m20 now especially when play high resolution tracks. I like bass texture. Better imaging, and layering. Drums sound just like from the real thing too. I think m20 might give me too much bass sometimes actually. Hehe.

I thought something was wrong with my A18t last night too lol. This is my first time using CIEM. I was laying down in bed face up listen to music and my CIEM sound quality went down hill fast. As soon as I'm back in seating position again, sound quality back to normal. Hehe. I think because my ear canals change shape when I'm in face up position. Have no problem when face down or up right position.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #2,623 of 23,560
Hmmm, I'm starting to use m15 modules more than m20 now especially when play high resolution tracks. I like bass texture. Better imaging, and layering. Drums sound just like from the real thing too. I think m20 might give me too much bass sometimes actually. Hehe.

I thought something was wrong with my A18t last night too lol. This is my first time using CIEM. I was laying down in bed face up listen to music and my CIEM sound quality went down hill fast. As soon as I'm back in seating position again, sound quality back to normal. Hehe. I think because my ear canals change shape when I'm in face up position. Have no problem when face down or up right position.
Yes!! SQ changes depending on position. The seal would most likely be off leading to a reduced bass response. Asking for longer nozzles before the CIEM is made might solve the problem but that's not a guarantee. This is one area where universals can do better than customs. Only way listening in bed is a guarantee is if ear impressions were taken when you're lying down lol.

Jan 28, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #2,624 of 23,560
I got my remolded a18 back and I am no longer having seal issue on my right ear with any head movement. Comparing the left and right ear piece I can see a noticeable size difference in canal part, right being much longer and thicker. Little too tight but definitely solved the breaking seal issue.

Really appreciate 64audio for their support.

I have to spend more time with a18 to make the final conclusion but I felt a18 is now lacking a definition in bass signature or should I say it seems more bloated after the remold. Strangely, switching between m15 and m20 didn't seem to make difference in bass quantity or texture. I was always impressed with the sonical performance of a18 with sp1000 but now the magic's gone. I hope I am wrong.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back