The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jan 20, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #2,566 of 23,560
If anyone could help me, I am wanting to know if the Tia Trio could be a replacement for both an Andromeda and a Vega. Ive seen the fourte described as an Andro on steroids and the trio as having stronger bass than the fourte at the expense of upper treble. Is that true?

From the people ive asked (including customer support from 64 themselves) trio seems to have more bass and low end presence vs the fourte but still have spacious sound. Also toned down treble as you've mentioned. Twister6 has a review on his site that's more in depth.

I asked cs specifically for progressive trance / house music vs all of their high end models and the u12t and they've suggested the trio to be inline with my music tastes. I can for sure let others know in about 5-6 weeks time :).

Jan 20, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #2,567 of 23,560
I suppose I spoke too soon, my Trios arrive on Monday (unless the FedEx delivery person is a jealous audiophile). Couldn’t be more excited, pictures and first impressions soon to come!

Jan 20, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #2,568 of 23,560
No i meant how much you paid extra for the design ? Like when i ordered my A18, i asked them to do a faceplate design, i think they said $150 if i didnt remember wrong.
Ah sorry.
(2) $35 for the glowing faceplates
(2) $50 for custom artwork
———————————————
$170

Jan 21, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #2,569 of 23,560
Anyone here heard UM Mason v3 and U18? Is so, what are your impressions of them both?

Jan 21, 2018 at 11:48 PM Post #2,570 of 23,560
Anyone here heard UM Mason v3 and U18? Is so, what are your impressions of them both?

want to know this comparison as well.

Jan 22, 2018 at 1:24 AM Post #2,571 of 23,560
Jan 22, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #2,573 of 23,560
My A18t is completed: finally :) I hope to get my new ciem by this week so I will bring it to NAMM show to do a comparison with Fourte and maybe other iem's too.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 2:04 AM Post #2,574 of 23,560
Well, they arrived a day later than expected, but nonetheless since I feel greatly indebted to this great community on Head-Fi (and especially to 64 Audio for the giveaway)...

An Unboxing & Initial Impressions on the 64 Audio tia Trió
(Full review of both Trió and my A8 IEMs hopefully to come soon!)

IMG_0330.jpg IMG_0332.jpg
Ah, nothing quite beats the crinkle of freshly sealed packaging, except maybe a slick box that would line up on a shelf at any Apple Store quite nicely.

IMG_0333.jpg IMG_0335.jpg
The soft-touch matte finish with glossy images and logos on both the jacket and magnetically-clasped box ooze attention to detail.

IMG_0336.jpg IMG_0337.jpg
A beautiful array of all the goods, plus a nice bit of light reading in a foreword from Vitaliy. Classy and clean.

IMG_0339.jpg IMG_0338.jpg
Prying our way through everything nestled in the foam, one by one... Ah, who are we kidding! Let's get right to the main event!

IMG_0362.jpg IMG_0378.jpg
A little macro goodness showing off the faceplate detailing. A subtle etched pattern that's a little shy unless the light is just right. Penny for (size, not cost) scale.

IMG_0359.jpg IMG_0356.jpg
A couple angles on the deep black aluminum shells. Back-vented dynamic driver and integrated apex M15 ports visible. They feel heavy enough to be expensive, yet light enough to disappear in your ears.

IMG_0361.jpg IMG_0354.jpg
A little peek at the not-so-secret sauce: in-bore tia drivers. The much more secret sauce (dynamic driver/FXC) is hidden somewhere behind those inky faceplates.

IMG_0341.jpg IMG_0349.jpg
IMG_0344.jpg IMG_0405.jpg
Some details on the premium cable. Certainly an aesthetic upgrade over the stock silver-plated oxygen-free copper one, although the sound is supposedly identical.

IMG_0364.jpg
Welcome to the family!

If you've made it this far, as for sound impressions, these IEMs are incredible. Although I'd like to have more points for comparison, my instinct says I wouldn't find anything that would fit my personal taste quite as well as the Trió. As fate would have it, the contacts on my only remaining 6.3mm to 3.5mm adapter jack decided to wear out specifically for today, so I've had to forego the tried and true Schiit Stack and have been humbled to the status of audiophile peasant with my iPhone tonight. For what it's worth, these have a decidedly musical U-shaped signature with elevated sub-bass and a lift up top for clarity. Rumbly, punchy, visceral bass with a decay and tone that balanced armatures can't ever seem to replicate. Effortless clean mids for great presentation of vocals and guitars that brave the thunder from down under and manage to hold their own. All this plus the smoothest treble I've ever heard, with sparkle that my brain says should be fatiguing from my experience with the V6-Stage of old, but somehow by some sorcery remains fluid and pleasant. The soundstage is spacious, timbre uncannily accurate, and I'm already noticing nuances in my music I haven't heard before. 64 Audio has definitely crafted a masterpiece here. (I might even go as far as to say a listen to these might just be worth a ticket to NAMM this weekend...)

That's all for now, but if I'm one of the few to be privileged enough to have their hands on the Trió as I suspect, feel free to fire away with questions! It's the least I could do for this community and company that have been so great to me over the years.

Jan 24, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #2,575 of 23,560
If you've made it this far, as for sound impressions, these IEMs are incredible. Although I'd like to have more points for comparison, my instinct says I wouldn't find anything that would fit my personal taste quite as well as the Trió. As fate would have it, the contacts on my only remaining 6.3mm to 3.5mm adapter jack decided to wear out specifically for today, so I've had to forego the tried and true Schiit Stack and have been humbled to the status of audiophile peasant with my iPhone tonight. For what it's worth, these have a decidedly musical U-shaped signature with elevated sub-bass and a lift up top for clarity. Rumbly, punchy, visceral bass with a decay and tone that balanced armatures can't ever seem to replicate. Effortless clean mids for great presentation of vocals and guitars that brave the thunder from down under and manage to hold their own. All this plus the smoothest treble I've ever heard, with sparkle that my brain says should be fatiguing from my experience with the V6-Stage of old, but somehow by some sorcery remains fluid and pleasant. The soundstage is spacious, timbre uncannily accurate, and I'm already noticing nuances in my music I haven't heard before. 64 Audio has definitely crafted a masterpiece here. (I might even go as far as to say a listen to these might just be worth a ticket to NAMM this weekend...)

That's all for now, but if I'm one of the few to be privileged enough to have their hands on the Trió as I suspect, feel free to fire away with questions! It's the least I could do for this community and company that have been so great to me over the years.
Great pictures, very well done, and thanks for sharing these impressions! Sounds like the Trio are really versatile, fun, but also accurate. Oh well... [writes Trio on ever-increasing wish list] :D

Enjoy them!

Jan 24, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #2,576 of 23,560
Well, they arrived a day later than expected, but nonetheless since I feel greatly indebted to this great community on Head-Fi (and especially to 64 Audio for the giveaway)...

An Unboxing & Initial Impressions on the 64 Audio tia Trió
(Full review of both Trió and my A8 IEMs hopefully to come soon!)

Ah, nothing quite beats the crinkle of freshly sealed packaging, except maybe a slick box that would line up on a shelf at any Apple Store quite nicely.

The soft-touch matte finish with glossy images and logos on both the jacket and magnetically-clasped box ooze attention to detail.

A beautiful array of all the goods, plus a nice bit of light reading in a foreword from Vitaliy. Classy and clean.

Prying our way through everything nestled in the foam, one by one... Ah, who are we kidding! Let's get right to the main event!

A little macro goodness showing off the faceplate detailing. A subtle etched pattern that's a little shy unless the light is just right. Penny for (size, not cost) scale.

A couple angles on the deep black aluminum shells. Back-vented dynamic driver and integrated apex M15 ports visible. They feel heavy enough to be expensive, yet light enough to disappear in your ears.

A little peek at the not-so-secret sauce: in-bore tia drivers. The much more secret sauce (dynamic driver/FXC) is hidden somewhere behind those inky faceplates.

Some details on the premium cable. Certainly an aesthetic upgrade over the stock silver-plated oxygen-free copper one, although the sound is supposedly identical.

Welcome to the family!

Nice and really emotional OOTB impressions with some excellent pictures ,

Jan 24, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #2,577 of 23,560
I must be crazy, or my ears just have a different preference. I was using the LabKable Takumi with the 4.4 balanced on a WM1Z, and loved how it sound. I then decided to try the Dita Truth silver, also with 4.4 (love the awesomeplug), but was pretty disappointed. It sounded much more veiled, which was really apparent when I listen to rock / alternative or vocal tracks. Yes, they are new and have not been fully broken in. Any tips? Is it just me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back