The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 24, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #1,666 of 23,556
My A12t's were discounted. Hope that helps.

I believe they don’t ship until 2018. I want to try out the Trio but already purchased the Fourte... even though I REALLY LIKE FOURTE the price is just crazy to me.... if I can save some money and still be happy that’s a win win...

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #1,671 of 23,556
Nov 25, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #1,674 of 23,556
I haven't stopped by in a while. I originally purchased the old A12s, but the signature wasn't for me. I've since upgraded to the A18ts and all I can say is WOW. I have only been listening to these for about 24 hours, so take my impressions with a grain of salt, but these are the highest resolution, most neutral in ear monitors I've ever heard. There is a slight but enjoyable bump in the midbass, and the treble and mids are absolutely fantastic. These compete with some of my over ear head phones, in terms of fidelity, and I have some high-end headphones, as you can see in my signature. They are a chameleon, and completely take on the mixing and mastering that the audio engineer / producer intended. They are not warm nor cold - but brilliantly neutral.

64 Audio - The A18s are absolutely fabulous.

Also, I'd like to give props to my audiologist Julie Glick, who works in NYC and LA. She works with a number of big musicians - but understands the audiophile customer perfectly as well. I am in sales, and I can say, without question, her customer service is the best I've experienced. I originally went to her as I used to work at CNET and Stever Guttenberg had worked with her. She absolutely goes above and beyond in all facets. She would not rest until I found a CIEM that fit perfectly and that I enjoyed. If you are in the NYC and LA area I highly recommend you work with her if you are looking for a pair of customs. She fitted me for my original UE 18s which fit perfectly and I love, and am so impressed with the A18s and based on the service she provides I would give her my highest recommendation.

When you go the custom route, it's definitely an investment and you want to enjoy what you end up with. Julie will not let you down. Unquestionably the best audiologist I've ever seen (she even did sensaphonic earplugs for my wife due to my snoring which potentially saved our marriage:).)

Congrats to Julie on being absolutely fantastic at what she does and 64 audio. The A18s are, no doubt, a statement product. I can't believe I am getting this sound out of in ear monitors.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #1,675 of 23,556
The Fortes are the best I’ve ever heard but simply couldn’t afford. So I want to try the Trio. I am nervous about ditching CIEMs for Univerals but I hope the sound improvement is worth it over my old A12

Nov 25, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #1,676 of 23,556
20171125_230959_Film1.jpg
64 Audio A18ts and Opus #2

Nov 25, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #1,677 of 23,556
I haven't hear the Trios or the Fourtes, so can't speak to how they sound, but if you want to stay with customs - the A18s are fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back