The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Oct 27, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #1,427 of 23,668
Hello 64 Audio fans, I'm here to let you know anyone close to Tallinn, Estonia in EU are more than welcome to have a listen to any of the 64 Audio models at our studio, including U18 and tia Fourte! PM me for more info.

04C83400-0C28-414E-A5A6-D156194F8D2A.jpeg

If you’re in their area definitely give them a try.. work is better since I got mine lol

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #1,429 of 23,668
It's some what of an apples and oranges comparison since the i4's are closer to an over the ear than they are an IEM, but they do share similar characteristics. The U18's have been reviewed to death on this thread so I'll just add and agree that the soundstage is fantastic for an IEM. They do have more of an open signtuare with clarity and detail retrieval that is outstanding. I'm on a plane a few times a week and often trying to work and focus in noisy environments so isolation is a must. The i4's are fantastic for the hotel room but never come out of my bag in public areas. I would say that they do have similar signatures but you're working with two very different technologies. The i4's are great since they take EQ so well without distorting. They can really take on what ever signature you're looking for from a tone standpoint and they are astonishingly revealing. Honestly I get as much enjoyment out of my transportable set up (Hugo 2 + WA8) as I do my desktop. The u18's with my DX200 (portable) are on par though too.

I haven't followed this thread in a while but would be curious if anyone had a recommendation for a tip that may seal deeper in the ear canal. Right now I'm listening to the U18's with the Mandarin Symbio wide bore tips in a fairly noisy environment and they sound outstanding and I do not notice my heart beat. This could be good enough but we'll see and is much better than the stock silicone tips.
I also have the same issue with a lot of IEMs. I'm have had some good results with the flanged tips that come with etymotic's headphones swapped on to other brands' earphones. But, I'm not sure those exact ones would work here, because they have a fairly narrow bore. But if you could find a similar kind that fits your IEMs, i'd give those a shot. But I'm definitely interested in what you or anyone else has to say on the topic!

Nov 1, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #1,433 of 23,668
Do you get any RF interference with a mobile phone in the proximity? (I have experienced this with MoJo)

Of course from time to time when using Bandcamp, as long as I have a good signal it's undetectable. It's only when I have a bad signal. Also, if I want to do critical listening I'll just switch over to UAPP and put the phone in airplane mode, I am someone who likes to own the album so albums I'm really into atm I have saved in flac on my S8+.

Nov 1, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #1,434 of 23,668
Of course from time to time when using Bandcamp, as long as I have a good signal it's undetectable. It's only when I have a bad signal. Also, if I want to do critical listening I'll just switch over to UAPP and put the phone in airplane mode, I am someone who likes to own the album so albums I'm really into atm I have saved in flac on my S8+.
Do you use your S8+ as the main source paired with your Hugo2?

Nov 1, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #1,435 of 23,668
Do you use your S8+ as the main source paired with your Hugo2?

Yep, I'm not sold on the idea that you need an expensive source, IMO an S8+ on airplane mode isn't any different than an Ak380 feeding digital 1's and 0's to my H2. Sound quality is spectacular with UAPP + S8+.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #1,437 of 23,668
Its the new prototype released and announced by 64 Audio. It should be coming soon. All we have to do is sit and wait for the offical release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back