The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 26, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #121 of 23,560
  I've updated my impressions with more comparisons today! do check them out on post 2 as usual!

After reading your impression, I am not sure if I want to upgrade to fourte anymore since I have Vega already and no demo to try......

@christopherogut I know it is quite a long shot, but is it possible that you could reflect to the sales team and extending the upgrade period to the release of the fourte?
Because the price of fourte is quite alot to ask, even after the trade-in.

Nov 26, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #122 of 23,560

After reading your impression, I am not sure if I want to upgrade to fourte anymore since I have Vega already and no demo to try......

@christopherogut I know it is quite a long shot, but is it possible that you could reflect to the sales team and extending the upgrade period to the release of the fourte?
Because the price of fourte is quite alot to ask, even after the trade-in.

I still think the Fourte is the better earphone.

I think though we are at a point where differences no longer are huge, and really often we are just splitting hairs.

That said, the main thing is that they sound very different. The vega is much more coloured, the Fourte has a closer to reference tuning, slightly on the lively side.

Nov 26, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #123 of 23,560
I said that because the review stated that the Fourte was good but became a different beast when hooked up to his 13-14k rig.

Yes I did.

This doesn't mean that you need 14k worth of equipment to listen to the Fourte, I'm afraid you've misunderstood.

The Fourte sounds great off my portable source. It sounds pretty amazing. All I'm trying to demonstrate is that, with every step you go, with every upgrade you make in the source chain, the Fourte will scale, and it will show Clearly because that is how revealing it is as an IEM.

Nov 26, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #124 of 23,560
Thanks for the clarification, I was starting to think that the fourte really needed high end components in order to stand above other TOTL IEMs. I plan on keeping it simple with a mojo and was afraid that I would have a Ferrari that never made it out of the garage.
Yes I did.

This doesn't mean that you need 14k worth of equipment to listen to the Fourte, I'm afraid you've misunderstood.

The Fourte sounds great off my portable source. It sounds pretty amazing. All I'm trying to demonstrate is that, with every step you go, with every upgrade you make in the source chain, the Fourte will scale, and it will show Clearly because that is how revealing it is as an IEM.

Thanks for the clarification, I was starting to think that the fourte needed high end components in order stand tall above other TOTL IEMs. I plan on keeping it simple with a mojo and was afraid that it would be equivalent to having a Ferrari that never made it outside the garage.

Nov 26, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #126 of 23,560

We have been prototyping the Fourté as customs for several of us but are not yet ready to offer custom-fit tubeless models to the masses... but so far it's very promising and I think we'll start to offer them in the not-so-distant future.  Stay tuned.

@christopherogut  Do you think this will be the next couple of months, or more than a few? I am debating pulling the trigger on the universal Fourte with the Black Friday discount or waiting on a custom Fourte. Upgrading from A12.

Nov 26, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #127 of 23,560
WCDchee : Reading your impression, hardly believe that 4-drivers model can beat 18-drivers model. Time changes, belief changes once innovation is discovered. May 2 tia drivers beat the previous U4 model? 

Nov 26, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #129 of 23,560
  WCDchee : Reading your impression, hardly believe that 4-drivers model can beat 18-drivers model. Time changes, belief changes once innovation is discovered. May 2 tia drivers beat the previous U4 model? 

It is never about the driver count. It's all about how the drivers are implemented. Then again, I would say that the TIA drivers are, to my ears, quite something.
Upgrade my A12 to the Tia Forte?

-or-

Buy the Holo Audio Spring DAC (R2R)?

If you can afford it, go for it. You won't regret it.

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #132 of 23,560
WCDchee
 : Reading your impression, hardly believe that 4-drivers model can beat 18-drivers model. Time changes, belief changes once innovation is discovered. May 2 tia drivers beat the previous U4 model? 
I have three drivers that beat my 12, 10 , or 8 drivers.

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #133 of 23,560
I have three drivers that beat my 12, 10 , or 8 drivers.

Could you tell me which model and brand?

In my past experiences, 1 drivers may beat 2 drivers and 2 drivers may also beat 3 drivers in term of resolution but I never heard x-drivers can beat 3 times of x-drivers. My point is not about objection on you guys. I just feel surprised likes I am a person who think the world is flat then others tell me the world is really sphere.

By the way, I'm looking forward to trying U18 and Tia Fourte demos. 
L3000.gif

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #134 of 23,560
Could you tell me which model and brand?
In my past experiences, 1 drivers may beat 2 drivers and 2 drivers may also beat 3 drivers in term of resolution but I never heard x-drivers can beat 3 times of x-drivers. My point is not about objection on you guys. I just feel surprised likes I am a person who think the world is flat then others tell me the world is really sphere. I'm looking forward to trying U18 and Tia Fourte demos. :L3000:  
Forget 1 or 2 drivers but hybrid three drivers can beat or match multiple drivers iems.

Nov 27, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #135 of 23,560
Forget 1 or 2 drivers but hybrid three drivers can beat or match multiple drivers iems.

Or one extremely good dynamic transducer like the one in Vega or Dita Answer can destroy a plethora of multi-ba-driver IEMs. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back