The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Oct 11, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #1,309 of 23,556
A very enjoyable and informative post. Do try the Dita Truth cable with the Fourte if you get a chance, I think it is an excellent pairing. Improves resolution, authority and soundstage over he stock and I also prefer it over the PW Audio 1960's 2 wire and the no5 cables.

I still have some interest in picking up an eamt-1c at some stage. But they are damn expensive and ultra rare on the for sale pages.

thanks nogi replicant, the dita truth cable was on my radar since some time and now i ordere one for my fourte. because i like the highs a tad less then neutral i have the pure copper cable. fits perfect, in contrast to the orginal cable the highs are now smooth and well integrated. the dita cable sounds very nice, fine details down to the bass whitout stress one part more. remarkable are the bass details/decay of the cable with the tia fourte. the fourte shares this nice bass quality that the lcd4 has. i think only the eamt-1c well driven has also such a nice bass from a earphone. the final audio cable is not as fine coherent/detailed as the dita but has a little better soundstage (a strenght of the final audio cables). the fourte have now over 300h and they need some good time to shine (as i often have the impression with balanced driver, changes are small but important). i will test one other cable with the tia foute but i have to wait for the 2 pin connectors i ordered, it's a neotech gold plated occ coper cable (https://www.hificollective.co.uk/wires/neotech-gp-ocg-gold-plated-copper-wire.html) i think that could also be a nice match.

i think the main differences to the lcdi4 is that the fourte are easy to drive, most earphones don't sound superb out of the ak380cu, with the tia fourte it's perfect fine. all magnetoplanar ear or headphones i ownd or had for some weeks need some beefy amplifier to show all their potential. my brother has the lcdi4 and out of the hugo 2 it's fine (out of the ak240 only ok), it think as a short impression even if they go nice down the bass they don't have this extra drive/energy of the fourte/lcd4 (it's technical hard having a hard hitting deep bass with a complete open desing, only power and surface helps). in contrast the mids are more like the lcd3 (intimate). highs of the lcdi4 are a tad recessed, imo a weakness of most magnetoplanar headphones. i often think that magnetoplanar ear or headphones are better when they are played louder then more on the quiet side. audeze has this house sound through the lcd series, that is a strong and good statment and i like this extra "secret sauce" they have. the lcdi4 is in this familiy, imo for audeze a very neutral and coherent sounding earphone with some limits but no failures and fair priced.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #1,310 of 23,556
I wonder when will the prototype be officially released as universal / custom products. It will be interesting to see 64 audio bring the tia technology down to a more affordable entry level at the same time further enhance their entire product lineup. Bring the tia drivers maybe even to the U6 or even U4 if possible.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #1,311 of 23,556
I wonder when will the prototype be officially released as universal / custom products. It will be interesting to see 64 audio bring the tia technology down to a more affordable entry level at the same time further enhance their entire product lineup. Bring the tia drivers maybe even to the U6 or even U4 if possible.

I know if they had a lower priced Tia I would have bought it at the show. I just am not spending 3600.00 on an IEM. And of course I wanted a custom so hopefully they move it down to affordable and also make it in a custom.

Oct 15, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #1,312 of 23,556
Here's my estimate on the driver count and configuration with the prototypes:

X: 4 drivers
Y: 3 drivers

I greatly preferred the Y over the X. I felt that the Y was clearly similar to the fourte (which I own and have used very extensively). The prototype had a built-in apex module like the fourte, which leads me to believe there is a hybrid driver arrangement with the acoustic chambers incorporated. The texture and quality of bass on the Y was very similar to the fourte, but I felt that there was less treble extension and the upper mids were a bit more forward. This leads me to believe there is one driver missing vs the fourte, and that the crossover arrangement is different - the dynamic driver is crossed higher than the fourte (leading to slightly fuzzier bass than fourte), the mid driver is crossed higher as well, and the high driver handles a wider bandwidth (hence the lesser extension).

The X had a more traditional BA-type sound, but was obviously tuned for warmth. I feel like there are acoustic chambers involved, but I didn't think the bass used a dynamic driver. Kind of like a BA-only fourte.

That's my guess.

If I didn't own fourte I'd definitely consider purchasing the Y, depending on the price. On some tracks I might even prefer it - it's a bit more forgiving up top, more laid-back. Hope I win it either way, I've really enjoyed 64's latest offerings.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #1,313 of 23,556
Here's my estimate on the driver count and configuration with the prototypes:

X: 4 drivers
Y: 3 drivers

I greatly preferred the Y over the X. I felt that the Y was clearly similar to the fourte (which I own and have used very extensively). The prototype had a built-in apex module like the fourte, which leads me to believe there is a hybrid driver arrangement with the acoustic chambers incorporated. The texture and quality of bass on the Y was very similar to the fourte, but I felt that there was less treble extension and the upper mids were a bit more forward. This leads me to believe there is one driver missing vs the fourte, and that the crossover arrangement is different - the dynamic driver is crossed higher than the fourte (leading to slightly fuzzier bass than fourte), the mid driver is crossed higher as well, and the high driver handles a wider bandwidth (hence the lesser extension).

The X had a more traditional BA-type sound, but was obviously tuned for warmth. I feel like there are acoustic chambers involved, but I didn't think the bass used a dynamic driver. Kind of like a BA-only fourte.

That's my guess.

If I didn't own fourte I'd definitely consider purchasing the Y, depending on the price. On some tracks I might even prefer it - it's a bit more forgiving up top, more laid-back. Hope I win it either way, I've really enjoyed 64's latest offerings.
as you described it seems Y carries my favourite sound signature ,
and yea, wish your hope comes true,

Oct 16, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #1,314 of 23,556
Has anyone here compared the U8s to the U12s? I just sold my U8s, was gonna upgrade to the A18, but talked my way out of it, because I'm just not gonna drop $3K on IEMs. A12 is my max. Hope I didn't make a mistake.

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #1,315 of 23,556
Has anyone here compared the U8s to the U12s? I just sold my U8s, was gonna upgrade to the A18, but talked my way out of it, because I'm just not gonna drop $3K on IEMs. A12 is my max. Hope I didn't make a mistake.

I did extensively last week at RMAF. I even went back 4 times after listening to a few other brands and just did A/B with the 8 and 12.

My opinion, and we all hear differently, is that for the 600.00 difference, I vote for the U8 over the U12. I was going with the A not the U but listening to the U. Other than the slight bass increase in the 8 I could not tell a difference in the two. And I listening to the same songs on both from the same Fiio X5 Gen 3 over and over. I even added new songs with different sounds just to see if I could tell a difference. I couldnt. So unless you didnt like the bass from the 8 I prefer the 8.

I was going to buy them, and narrowed it down to 3 different IEM I loved, and ended up going with a different brand but if I got the 64s for the price, the 8 was my choice. And it was cheaper than the ones I got, meaning price was not my concern.

Oct 16, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #1,316 of 23,556
i hope u got a good price for ur u8, in my opinion as i mentioned u8 for its price is an amazing iem

i suggest that u wait and see what y an x prices will be and not buy the u12 for now

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #1,318 of 23,556

Similar sound signature but improve in every aspect, seperation, layering etc. Lush vocal, great bass.

You may need a aftermarket cable (mostly silver or silver plated cable) in case you need more sparkle for treble.

It still worth every penny. You won't regret it.

Going for U18 is the same, large step away from U12. U18 sound little brighter than U12 and vocal is not as lush as U12. Other than that, U18 beats U12.

You don't need more modules or cables because it already sound great with stock cable and you can fine tune the sound by both module in the package.

Hope you could try the demo first.

Hope this help

Oct 16, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #1,319 of 23,556
Am I the only one thinking that Y is an A12 with tia drivers?

You mean "X"? Y looks like a hybrid, similar to Fourte since apex module is not visible (internal).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back