The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 1, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #12,274 of 23,603
Haha I went with the open box one instead since it’s condition is guaranteed and they price matched it. Sealing avoided entirely.
Nice. So about the same price as the Nio. Great deal

Aug 1, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #12,275 of 23,603
Here goes nothin’
B2C8E397-7D21-49C8-A91B-1E8F2E41B2D2.jpeg

Well well well...

It didn't take long to notice the differences... it was pretty much immediate but for good measure I listened to a few genre's and songs I am familiar with.

I'll start this off by saying the Trio were not at all what I expected based on some of the reviews emphasizing the bass.. hell even resolve compared them in a head to head to the Legend X saying prior to he didn't think anything could slam as hard as the Trio. The bass is well and deeply extended but not over powering; quite nimble actually. It's by no means a bass cannon. Aside from that, I have to come out and say it... the clarity of the Trio is ridiculous. When you hear the Trio is V shaped one would assume recessed mids crowded by the bass and treble. Not the case. The mids, especially vocals, smack you in the face... they are very present and clear as ever. This is even more impressive to me after hearing the treble energy the Trio have... goodness. Some of the best treble, if not the best I have heard.

Compared to the Nio, the Trio are tricky... They are 2 different beasts. I like them both in their own right.

The Trio have a slightly deeper sub bass with a clearer and cleaner sound overall. I notice a more a holographic sound stage and loads of treble energy as well. I mean that treble... good lord. Well done 64 Audio.

The Nio in comparison are warmer with a bit more grunt in the mid bass but the mids don't suffer at all, very clear and centered in the mix. Only a smidgen pulled back in comparison to the Trio. The Nio also have a detailed but smoother treble presentation. I'd say pulled back a bit but in no way lacking any sizzle or zing.

I'm going to continue to listen to cement my thoughts but yea, the Trio impressed me just as much as the Nio. Only in a different way.

Aug 1, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #12,276 of 23,603
Well well well...

It didn't take long to notice the differences... it was pretty much immediate but for good measure I listened to a few genre's and songs I am familiar with.

I'll start this off by saying the Trio were not at all what I expected based on some of the reviews emphasizing the bass.. hell even resolve compared them in a head to head to the Legend X saying prior to he didn't think anything could slam as hard as the Trio. The bass is well and deeply extended but not over powering; quite nimble actually. It's by no means a bass cannon. Aside from that, I have to come out and say it... the clarity of the Trio is ridiculous. When you hear the Trio is V shaped one would assume recessed mids crowded by the bass and treble. Not the case. The mids, especially vocals, smack you in the face... they are very present and clear as ever. This is even more impressive to me after hearing the treble energy the Trio have... goodness. Some of the best treble, if not the best I have heard.

Compared to the Nio, the Trio are tricky... They are 2 different beasts. I like them both in their own right.

The Trio have a slightly deeper sub bass with a clearer and cleaner sound overall. I notice a more a holographic sound stage and loads of treble energy as well. I mean that treble... good lord. Well done 64 Audio.

The Nio in comparison are warmer with a bit more grunt in the mid bass but the mids don't suffer at all, very clear and centered in the mix. Only a smidgen pulled back in comparison to the Trio. The Nio also have a detailed but smoother treble presentation. I'd say pulled back a bit but in no way lacking any sizzle or zing.

I'm going to continue to listen to cement my thoughts but yea, the Trio impressed me just as much as the Nio. Only in a different way.
Good post. I’m interested in hearing more of your thoughts between the two once you have longer to listen to them both.

Aug 1, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #12,277 of 23,603
Well well well...

Your Trio views match mine. I never understood why people called Trio a bass canon. The bass to me is done in a way that matches the mids and treble.

Aug 1, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #12,279 of 23,603
Well well well...

Argh! I’ve only had Nio about a week, but it sounds like Trio might be more to my liking. Thanks, man! Also, curse you!

Aug 1, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #12,281 of 23,603
Well well well...

This is good to hear. How did you get it so quick? This is from Audio 46 in NY, right? I ordered Thursday as well , 2 business day shipping gets here Monday. Dammit, I don't want to have to move to Florida for fast shipping ...

Aug 1, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #12,282 of 23,603
This is good to hear. How did you get it so quick? This is from Audio 46 in NY, right? I ordered Thursday as well , 2 business day shipping gets here Monday. Dammit, I don't want to have to move to Florida for fast shipping ...
Mine qualified for overnight shipping. There may have been an Andromeda 2020 in the box as well. Don’t move to Florida, it’s not worth it.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #12,284 of 23,603
Hey! Have some sympathy for me too here... you know this is going to lead me right into the Noir’s!

I feel if you're happy with the tonality of the Trio, the Noir isn't something you should be too eager to get, necessarily. Although it's absolutely brilliant technically, it doesn't have quite the lush, lightly-warm charms of the Trio in its tone. It's a drier, brighter monitor that I feel only approaches the fluid musicality of the Trio with the foam TrueFidelity tips. But, with that said, if that's what you're looking for, the Noir is an option worth considering. I compare the two on my review of the Noir here, by the way: https://theheadphonelist.com/64-audio-tia-fourte-noir-tour-de-force/3/

If you are looking for a Trio upgrade, per se, I think VE's ELYSIUM is a more appropriate candidate. Though, we'll have to see whether or not that'll change with the release of in-ears like the Odin, among others.

Aug 1, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #12,285 of 23,603
list.com/64-audio-tia-fourte-noir-tour-de-force/3/[/URL]

If you are looking for a Trio upgrade, per se, I think VE's ELYSIUM is a more appropriate candidate. Though, we'll have to see whether or not that'll change with the release of in-ears like the Odin, among others.
That is interesting. I always thought the Elysium was a more detailed and brighter IEM whereas the Trio is more on the warmer fun side. Basically I thought their performance was in completely different areas. However, my impression was that the Noir was the bigger brother of the Trio. You have now peaked my interest in the Elysium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back