The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 28, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #12,121 of 23,565
Extremely. Among the IEMs I have auditioned/owned, it gives the best performance for large set piece classical tracks and anything instrumental. The feeling of being in a "live" performance is very strong. Coupled with Horus Octa, treble on strings and wind instruments sound very good.

I am rotating between 3 setups now with the 18S+Horus Octa being one of them. The other 2:
1. Elysium+Leo 2 Octa: Best mids and vocals ever. Using a DD to drive the mids is pure masterclass to me. treble is great as well and I have no idea why folks say this is bass lite.
2. Noir+Code51: I defer to this setup when I need a kick in the brains. Superb holographic sound stage and I like how the spread out bass in presented. Not affected by treble or "brightness" which many highlighted.

These 3 get the most play time now and the Z1R and Legend X have been sidelined for the moment.

Very nice collection, I’m envious. :beerchug:

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #12,123 of 23,565
Very nice collection, I’m envious. :beerchug:

Thanks. Took me some time to curate this collection but I believe I am done and can now focus on enjoying the music which I have been doing for the past month. I would love the keep the Nio (when it comes in Aug) for how good it looks alone but it's prob not a smart thing to do.

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #12,124 of 23,565
Man, I just wish we could order universal 18S on 64audio's website directly ! Looks amazing and I'm sure it sounds great.

14B44D7D-5210-4699-B601-DAC13B84E433.jpeg

The red on the U18S just pops and it’s does look and sound amazing. Warm mids and very wide sound stage. It would have been a great U12T upgrade if 64Audio offered this for sale.

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #12,125 of 23,565
14B44D7D-5210-4699-B601-DAC13B84E433.jpeg

The red on the U18S just pops and it’s does look and sound amazing. Warm mids and very wide sound stage. It would have been a great U12T upgrade if 64Audio offered this for sale.

It is on sale now for $499 off regular price along with all other 18 driver universal IEMs or custom.

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #12,127 of 23,565
I don't think you can actually buy a universal version of the A18s though!

Correct. I just stated all 18 driver IEMs are on sale, not which models are available as universal or custom.

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #12,128 of 23,565
As nice all your iem collection is @hshock76 , you showed us that 2 of 3 your best iems is 64a this tells that you are a 64a fan! 🙃🙂

I feel very satisfied with my Tia Noir and no feelings to own anything else.
Comfortable sounds amazing and one of the best gear!

I am going to pair it with premium silver cable instead as I trust 64a and know whats best for their iems!

Maybe if some folks are interested to trade an u18s for wm1a + cash you can pm me 😛🙂

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #12,130 of 23,565
Correct. I just stated all 18 driver IEMs are on sale, not which models are available as universal or custom.

The 18s is only sold in custom 😮😲

Jul 28, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #12,131 of 23,565
As nice all your iem collection is @hshock76 , you showed us that 2 of 3 your best iems is 64a this tells that you are a 64a fan! 🙃🙂

I feel very satisfied with my Tia Noir and no feelings to own anything else.
Comfortable sounds amazing and one of the best gear!

I am going to pair it with premium silver cable instead as I trust 64a and know whats best for their iems!

Maybe if some folks are interested to trade an u18s for wm1a + cash you can pm me 😛🙂

Can't say I am a fan of any brand but rather a fan of good sound. Interestingly, the first 64audio IEM I bought is the one that I have not received yet. Guess I am waiting for the Nio to ship in Aug same as most of us here.

Noir indeed sounds amazing, but when compared to Elyisum universal, Noir's mids are colored while Elysium's mids are virgin clean and transparent to me. I will not say which is best or better but for my vocal tracks, Elysium suits me better while Electronic music and Pop sounds more exciting on the Noir. It's good to have options.

U18S is not going anyway since it can't really be bought. I had an amazing stroke of luck to be able to get one. Furthermore, it sounds truly amazing and it's got the Noir beaten if one prefers a warm reference signature. Even after a month of ownership, I am still awestruck of how real it makes recordings sound every time I pick it up for a listen.

Different strokes for different folks and I am glad my journey of discovering what suits me had ended for now but I do understand the finishing line is always getting moved. :sweat_smile:

Jul 28, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #12,132 of 23,565
Can't say I am a fan of any brand but rather a fan of good sound. Interestingly, the first 64audio IEM I bought is the one that I have not received yet. Guess I am waiting for the Nio to ship in Aug same as most of us here.

Noir indeed sounds amazing, but when compared to Elyisum universal, Noir's mids are colored while Elysium's mids are virgin clean and transparent to me. I will not say which is best or better but for my vocal tracks, Elysium suits me better while Electronic music and Pop sounds more exciting on the Noir. It's good to have options.

U18S is not going anyway since it can't really be bought. I had an amazing stroke of luck to be able to get one. Furthermore, it sounds truly amazing and it's got the Noir beaten if one prefers a warm reference signature. Even after a month of ownership, I am still awestruck of how real it makes recordings sound every time I pick it up for a listen.

Different strokes for different folks and I am glad my journey of discovering what suits me had ended for now but I do understand the finishing line is always getting moved. :sweat_smile:

Finishing line dont exists. One day 64a will release a new flagship to dethrone Noir 🙃 I will have to buy it. 🤩😍

I am curious to hear the 18s of course, maybe one day 🤷‍♂️🙂

Jul 28, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #12,133 of 23,565
Finishing line dont exists. One day 64a will release a new flagship to dethrone Noir 🙃 I will have to buy it. 🤩😍
End game exists, it's just a matter of knowing when it's OK to stop or if you really want to keep looking for the next "best" thing over and over again. Personally, I find the "TOTL quest" to be quite exhausting, especially with all the new releases (chifi in particular). Getting something you enjoy and sticking with it for a while, like @Rockwell75 is doing, is something I'm aiming to do in the future (well, I had been doing it for about 8 months, but then the Nio got announced). At the end of the day, we're in this hobby for the music, not the gear, and we should always remember that.

Jul 28, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #12,134 of 23,565
End game exists, it's just a matter of knowing when it's OK to stop or if you really want to keep looking for the next "best" thing over and over again. Personally, I find the "TOTL quest" to be quite exhausting, especially with all the new releases (chifi in particular). Getting something you enjoy and sticking with it for a while, like @Rockwell75 is doing, is something I'm aiming to do in the future (well, I had been doing it for about 8 months, but then the Nio got announced). At the end of the day, we're in this hobby for the music, not the gear, and we should always remember that.
It depends whether you considering yourself a melophile, an audiophile or a “gear-o-phile”

I personally consider myself the latter first, an audiophile second and a melophile third. I can enjoy music on anything, but the gear is what really brings me joy in this hobby (as well as others actually, now that I think about it)

Jul 28, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #12,135 of 23,565
It depends whether you considering yourself a melophile, an audiophile or a “gear-o-phile”

I personally consider myself the latter first, an audiophile second and a melophile third. I can enjoy music on anything, but the gear is what really brings me joy in this hobby (as well as others actually, now that I think about it)
Interesting; how would you differentiate being an audiophile and a melophile? Someone who loves high fidelity music vs someone who just loves music? I prob would not have thought to distinguish the two.
The gear-o-phile notion I understand, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back