The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 31, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #1,097 of 23,533
Aug 31, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #1,098 of 23,533
The great folks at 64audio shared a photo of the watch gears being worked on my A18 earlier today. I will have them tomorrow, can't wait.

IMG_0083.JPG

And a few shots of the finished product.

IMG_0085.JPG

IMG_0086.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0087.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0088.JPG
    IMG_0088.JPG
    1,014.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0089.JPG
    IMG_0089.JPG
    891.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0084.JPG
    IMG_0084.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Sep 1, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #1,101 of 23,533
The great folks at 64audio shared a photo of the watch gears being worked on my A18 earlier today. I will have them tomorrow, can't wait.

And a few shots of the finished product.

that looks absolutely gorgeous.

Hope you enjoy them once they reach your place. :)

Sep 1, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #1,102 of 23,533
that looks absolutely gorgeous.

Hope you enjoy them once they reach your place. :)

Thank you I have mother of Pearl on the opposite side with a Logo from Rush Grace Under Pressure album, but i wanted that to be a surprise until I received them. lol

Sep 1, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #1,103 of 23,533
Thank you I have mother of Pearl on the opposite side with a Logo from Rush Grace Under Pressure album, but i wanted that to be a surprise until I received them. lol

regardless it still looks beautiful. I am sure it'll look even more stunning once the IEMs reached you. Photos rarely do the actual beauty of CIEMs justice no matter how hi-res they're captured. :wink:

Sep 1, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #1,106 of 23,533
Just received No.5 cable. Its very nice. But the 2 pins connector maybe slightly bigger than other. Its very tight when plugged in.

With all my cables, I found one side of my U6's was tighter than the other, shouldn't be an issue as the 64 Audio sockets seem to be well made.

Sep 4, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #1,107 of 23,533
A few months back I purchased an Astell & Kern top of the line DAP the SP1000 and since, have been wanting to match them with a TOTL universal or CIEM.
This decision was based on no longer wanting to be tied to a desktop rig and getting sound that was very close to what I have experienced with my desktop system.
I really wanted the freedom to move about, so I started my search as I always do, looking to find what I could on the subject of top line Universals or CIEM and here is where I am today.
My past experience with in-ears have been OK, universals only, struggles with fit have been my biggest problem, not really having an experience with a custom was something that intrigued my desire to buy.

I needed a set to match as close to what I got out of my desktop rig or close. So my search had been narrowed to just a couple of contenders, In the end I went with 64 Audio, everything I read on the A18’s signature sounded like what I wanted and the tia was compelling to me, understanding transducers in my day job helps.
before on go on......
I want to give a shout out to 64 Audio customer service which was outstanding, my point of contact there was Brittany Rankin, she was amazing and did everything to make my experience with the company second to none. She really went out of her way to make sure that I was satisfied and to ultimately be happy with my purchase.
So I had my impressions done and designed my A18 with watch gears on the left ear and mother of pearl with my favorite bands logo on the right, off one of their albums and man do they look fantastic.

IMG_0858.JPG

I spoke with Brittany regarding my player and my wish to have the cable terminated in balanced to take advantage of the better output power on the SP1000, which they were more than happy to accommodate me. The Balanced pearl white terminated in a 2.5 mm is the connector they now supply for their new Premium cable. Picture below far right mic cable, unbalanced and the pearl white is the balanced.

IMG_0874.JPG

IMG_0872.JPG

IMG_0866.JPG

My A18 arrived on Friday and I allowed them to burn for 36 hours straight before I sat down for my first listen. the fit was perfect and being the first time I had ever had CIEM I was very happy with the fit and the comfort which is exceptional.

IMG_0842.JPG

After a few days of listening I am thrilled with my purchase, the sound signature of the A18 is everything I could have hoped.
My hope in this purchase was to have a set of TOTL CIEM that in the end would replace the performance I got out a full size desktop setup and be mobile and I think I have accomplished that.
The A18 is a reference world class TOTL in ear, I never heard an in ear like IT, I gushed at first listen. The sound stage is huge, pin point accurate, airy, and extremely resolving.
The tonality is exactly as I had hoped, the treble on the A18 is my favorite part, the tia driver is doing some real magic here, the upper mid range and treble sparkle I get is perfect to my ears. Instrument decay, instrument separation and layering are all excellent.
The bass is full, the package includes the M15 and M20 modules, I spent the better part of the afternoon listening with the installed M20 module which came installed and as many have already mentioned in other reviews with 64Audio in ears the M20 has a fuller more robust bass where the M15 modules reduces the mid bass and leaves a little more treble energy atop.
Me, I prefer the M15 module for the more articulate sound signature as that is what I prefer. The A18 is fast, exciting and an engaging phone, the modules allow you to tune for your liking and in my humble opinion worthy of TOTL status. I'am not a reviewer but i like to give impressions as this platform has allowed me to learn. I highly recommend 64 Audio A18 to anyone looking to get totl performance.

IMG_0847.JPG

IMG_1387.JPG

IMG_1383.JPG

IMG_1384.JPG

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #1,108 of 23,533
As a fellow owner of the A18, I couldn't agree with you more... I'm STILL rediscovering music with them. They bring out the best (and the worst) in the music that I listen to... in jealous of your SP1000 though... one day...lol one day... enjoy them!!

A few months back I purchased an Astell & Kern top of the line DAP the SP1000 and since, have been wanting to match them with a TOTL universal or CIEM.
This decision was based on no longer wanting to be tied to a desktop rig and getting sound that was very close to what I have experienced with my desktop system.
I really wanted the freedom to move about, so I started my search as I always do, looking to find what I could on the subject of top line Universals or CIEM and here is where I am today.
My past experience with in-ears have been OK, universals only, struggles with fit have been my biggest problem, not really having an experience with a custom was something that intrigued my desire to buy.

I needed a set to match as close to what I got out of my desktop rig or close. So my search had been narrowed to just a couple of contenders, In the end I went with 64 Audio, everything I read on the A18’s signature sounded like what I wanted and the tia was compelling to me, understanding transducers in my day job helps.
before on go on......
I want to give a shout out to 64 Audio customer service which was outstanding, my point of contact there was Brittany Rankin, she was amazing and did everything to make my experience with the company second to none. She really went out of her way to make sure that I was satisfied and to ultimately be happy with my purchase.
So I had my impressions done and designed my A18 with watch gears on the left ear and mother of pearl with my favorite bands logo on the right, off one of their albums and man do they look fantastic.

I spoke with Brittany regarding my player and my wish to have the cable terminated in balanced to take advantage of the better output power on the SP1000, which they were more than happy to accommodate me. The Balanced pearl white terminated in a 2.5 mm is the connector they now supply for their new Premium cable. Picture below far right mic cable, unbalanced and the pearl white is the balanced.

My A18 arrived on Friday and I allowed them to burn for a 36 hours straight before I sat down for my first listen. the fit was perfect and being the first time I had ever had CIEM I was very happy with the fit and the comfort which is exceptional.

After a few days of listening I am thrilled with my purchase, the sound signature of the A18 is everything I could have hoped.
My hope in this purchase was to have a set of TOTL CIEM that in the end would replace the performance I got out a full size desktop setup and be mobile and I think I have accomplished that.
The A18 is a reference world class TOTL in ear, I never heard an in ear like IT, I gushed at first listen. The sound stage is huge, pin point accurate, airy, and extremely resolving.
The tonality is exactly as I had hoped, the treble on the A18 is my favorite part, the tia driver is doing some real magic here, the upper mid range and treble sparkle I get is perfect to my ears. Instrument decay, instrument separation and layering are all excellent.
The bass is full, the package includes the M15 and M20 modules, I spent the better part of the afternoon listening with the installed M20 module which came installed and as many have already mentioned in other reviews with 64Audio in ears the M20 has a fuller more robust bass where the M15 modules reduces the mid bass and leaves a little more treble energy atop.
Me, I prefer the M15 module for the more articulate sound signature as that is what I prefer. The A18 is fast, exciting and an engaging phone, the modules allow you to tune for your liking and in my humble opinion worthy of TOTL status. I'am not a reviewer but i like to give impressions as this platform has allowed me to learn. I highly recommend 64 Audio A18 to anyone looking to get tote performance.

Sep 4, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #1,109 of 23,533

Users who are viewing this thread

Back