The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 29, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #10,293 of 23,563
I personally like the added bass impact that the m20’s seem to give but the m15’s perception of an airier and wider stage is really nice! Good to have the option tbh.
Just changed over, wow..!

Sound stage bit wider, airier, less separation (but I might need to listen more) but more exspanse and life like. More like a 2 channel hi-fi set up.....

Last edited:
May 29, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #10,294 of 23,563
I personally like the added bass impact that the m20’s seem to give but the m15’s perception of an airier and wider stage is really nice! Good to have the option tbh.
The M15’s spaciousness works so well with the A18S - pretty much left the module on default there

May 30, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #10,295 of 23,563
@hifihov welcome to the drug called the u12t + M15 modules. Now invest in the Leonidas II cable, I personally held back as well for the longest time, but no other combination comes close for me.

May 30, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #10,296 of 23,563
By the way, the Fir Audio Atom XL apex compatible module make all the 64audio Apex line up sound really better. A must have.

Using the grey one on the A18S.
Anyone have a point of view on the (+) fir atom-xl module (17db of isolation - they yellow module, I believe) versus the M20 apex module?
Most curious about the bass in particular.

May 30, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #10,297 of 23,563
Anyone have a point of view on the (+) fir atom-xl module (17db of isolation - they yellow module, I believe) versus the M20 apex module?

Pretty much exactly as you’d expect, the -17db module relative to the M20 offers a slightly more open and air presentation and a little less bass presence.

May 30, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #10,298 of 23,563
Pretty much exactly as you’d expect, the -17db module relative to the M20 offers a slightly more open and air presentation and a little less bass presence.
perfect, thank you - wasn't sure how literally i should translate the db isolation to sound signature.
thanks!

May 30, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #10,299 of 23,563

I just tried and I think the m20 is darker, but I'm not sure if I can reliable tell the difference between the two if I were to blind test. For reference though, I use the Fir 13 modules on my A12t so I prefer mine to be on the airier side.

May 30, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #10,300 of 23,563
I just tried and I think the m20 is darker, but I'm not sure if I can reliable tell the difference between the two if I were to blind test. For reference though, I use the Fir 13 modules on my A12t so I prefer mine to be on the airier side.
Thank you.
Yes, I prefer warmth, so thinking it may not be worth trying the Fir modules (I prefer the M20 to the M15, for example)...appreciate the input

May 30, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #10,301 of 23,563
By god the Noir is good. Someone here just said it was a "masterpiece" -- and I agree. In that it's an artistic statement more than a general purpose manufactured IEM. It takes the Fourte -- already a pretty charismatic and intense sounding IEM, but still quite safe -- and makes some personal (artistic) modifications to it. A fine-tuning that turns out to be absolutely spectacular. The dark green plate, the 8-wire cable, the special soldering and the retuned dynamic driver all feels like Vitaliy made a version of the Fourte he himself would like -- for himself. And some 400 lucky people got to hear it too.

I'm so glad to be one of those people.

It might just be the best IEM ever made -- precisely for that reason. There is something commercially unsafe about how the treble is still splashy as hell on a lot of tracks, or how there's warm fuzz in a 3700 pound IEM. (In this price range you tend to get crystal clarity and black space). This IEM has faults, but they're beautiful, moody faults with immense payoffs.

The most striking aspect here is that dynamic driver, how wet and liquid it sounds. This kind of colosal bass wetness juxtaposed against the sharp dazzle of that (capricious) tia treble driver is just the very picture of impressive. It's a bass monster. A real basshead IEM when it comes to sub bass and all that jazz. Yet that bass has a very enjoyable laid back quality to it. It's both immensely impressive and smooth. Not fatiguing, that is. Pretty much everything I throw at it sounds alive with magic and very addicting.

But the real star here is the vocals. These are the most emotional mids I've heard on an IEM to date, when it comes to vocals.

It's gonna be really, really, really hard for any IEM to outdo these for me. They're physically beautiful, universal fit (important to me), limited edition (yes, that always has a special effect on me too, I'm vulnerable to that kind of flattery), incredibly fun, incredibly detailed. And the treble will probably calm down as they burn in. I've found IEM treble tends to do that over the first month of use.

An all time great then. Feels like I have two little musicians in my ears, playing along to the tracks. In the years to come I will look back at this period in my life as the weeks and months that I'd just gotten "my Noirs". This is an intimate and meaty sound done absolutely right -- without compromizing an infinite-sounding soundstage. (Though the u18t clearly has a bigger soundstage than the Noir, these are still gigantic in their own way, more in depth than width).

A cute fact is that I've gotten a version of the face plates with none of the bronze splashes at all. They're completely blue-green with little black spots :) This sort of sums up my feelings about them. Personal, green, blue and black.

As a closing statement, I'd like to say that 64 Audio are without a doubt the best IEM manufacturer on the planet. TIA is a peerless technological advancement and the orthodynamic hybrid treble doesn't have much on it. 64 Audio is the Hifiman of IEMs.

Disclosure: listening was done with DX200Ti amp 4 and my other IEMs and thus my reference points are: U18t, Layla and Dita The Answer.

May 31, 2020 at 12:33 AM Post #10,302 of 23,563
Hell yeah!

What a post bro !

I'm the guy who said it is a masterpiece.

I save instantly your excellent post about the noir, this is exactly what I feel too

Fire.

(By the way if anyone is looking for a brand new pair of Fourté noir (UE price) I can help. Shoot me a pm).

Last edited:
May 31, 2020 at 1:55 AM Post #10,303 of 23,563
By god the Noir is good. Someone here just said it was a "masterpiece" -- and I agree. In that it's an artistic statement more than a general purpose manufactured IEM. It takes the Fourte -- already a pretty charismatic and intense sounding IEM, but still quite safe -- and makes some personal (artistic) modifications to it. A fine-tuning that turns out to be absolutely spectacular. The dark green plate, the 8-wire cable, the special soldering and the retuned dynamic driver all feels like Vitaliy made a version of the Fourte he himself would like -- for himself. And some 400 lucky people got to hear it too.

I'm so glad to be one of those people...

Surprised to hear anyone say the original fourte is "safe..." it's really anything but.

More importantly though, that's some sexy writing...

May 31, 2020 at 7:17 AM Post #10,305 of 23,563
I didn't like the classic Fourté but never listened them with the dx200ti

Fantastic pairing for me! I like a non rolled-off full frequency natural sound and the Ti with modified Amp8 and Fourte do everything I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back