The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 28, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #10,261 of 23,563
Hey dear Fourte Noir people! What aftermarket cables do you like these with? I like my u18t's best with the original cabl -- becayse it's just such a perfect sound -- but I've always thought the Fourte (and Noir by extension) probably makes more sense with added detail and soundstage of, say, Leonidas II...

Thinkin of getting these, like, this week! Exciting times :D Already planning cable upgrades lol

The poster @Vitaly2017 has the Noir and uses the PW Audio 1960s. He says it’s a great combination. Hopefully he’ll reply here and give you his thoughts.

May 28, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #10,262 of 23,563
Hey dear Fourte Noir people! What aftermarket cables do you like these with? I like my u18t's best with the original cabl -- becayse it's just such a perfect sound -- but I've always thought the Fourte (and Noir by extension) probably makes more sense with added detail and soundstage of, say, Leonidas II...

Thinkin of getting these, like, this week! Exciting times :D Already planning cable upgrades lol

Well it is a different world being in the feets of a Tia noir as its totaly not the same signature to 18t + stock cable.

I am not even sure you will like it. Because Noir is a super high end Hi-Fi sound signature. Warm thick musical.
18t is more neutral natural analytical very reference precise.

Have you tried the trio or fourte? Did you like the sound?

Also noir is very sensitive to any changes and not in a bad way! I mean its also super precise and will show you right away any changes in the gear change. Yes even as subtle things like a cable it also will show it with big eas.

I like my noir with pw1960 4wires, this gives best in class resolution, easy musical treble, natural thick vocals, amazing bass that can shake your head off when the song has it, rumble visceral tight like a coconut!

There is nothing alike it in the market.
I suggest you run them with your final cable decision for a minimum of 1000 hours then youl see and hear the magic like never before.

Be advised to not pick cables that emphasize the treble it can crispy and sharp.
If you like it that way then gogo!

I use symbio's ear tips they offer really awsome bass tighter and more controled, precise treble.

Hope that helps )
You can always check @twister6 web for more feedback he knows alot about this iem and hes favorite iem is the 18t!

May 28, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #10,263 of 23,563
I just received new stock cable (last was broken) for my fourte. I was using moon silver dragon. Really like the stock sound.

May 28, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #10,264 of 23,563
I just received new stock cable (last was broken) for my fourte. I was using moon silver dragon. Really like the stock sound.

So you like the stock premium 4 wires cable more then the 8 wires silverdragon?

May 28, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #10,265 of 23,563
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm gettin the Noirs to compliment the u18s precisely coz I want something bassy and musical and different. An emotional experience. I've had the u18t for 3 years now, lovin it but sometimes it gets a bit boring. So I'm sure I'll love em. That's why I got the Noir version too -- so they'd be even more different from u18t than just Fourte.

I already have: Alo Audio Reference 8, Effect Audio Janus Dynamic, Effect Audio Eros II plus, pw Loki 8 wire -- all these to test with Noir, coz I got them for u18t. So I'll have a little playroom and will probably have enough to learn what works and what not (thinking sharp treble on Alo Reference 8 probably not then, as you've said). Was just thinking if there's like a generally agreed upon go to cable for these. I always felt Leo II might be that....

PS I also have a good source selection as I have DX200 titanium edition with plenty of different amps so I'm sure I'll get a pretty decent signal served up for those bad boys. Fun times :)

Last edited:
May 28, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #10,266 of 23,563
Ok brothers.

I'm now listening to my a18s demo and I will make it short :

A huge success. They have surpassed the u12t bass by a wide margin but never too much just perfect. The best bass I've heard on BA and in my top 3 ever, beside Fourté Noir which have more dd impact but not far. Okay, 64audio simply kill the game on that. It's very very high level of technical skills over the rest of the spectrum. Hyper balanced. Wow. For me, we should say goodbye to the a18t. I cannot see any reason to buy them anymore...The u12t are relegated far behind, even for the bass, obviously. People who have SoundWriter (a18t effect audio mod version) should literally run on this pair voraciously like anyone on earth. Technical but ultra-musical, textured, enveloping and slightly warm (the touch of warmth is very refined and again just the best on earth), balanced over the whole spectrum with a Dantesque dynamic. A colossal masterpiece, not far behind the Fourté Noir however, we can feel Vitaliy still have the noir as a model of inspiration for the a18s, it's clear. It's the new best of the best of the 64 audio line up and one of the very best on the market ever. If you can't afford the Fourté Noir, then just buy the A18s. And enters my top 5 ever instantly. Formidable.

May 28, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #10,267 of 23,563
Ok brothers.

A huge success. They have surpassed the u12t bass by a wide margin but never too much just perfect. The best bass I've heard on BA and in my top 3 ever, beside Fourté Noir which have more dd impact but not far. Okay, 64audio simply kill the game on that. It's very very high level of technical skills over the rest of the spectrum. Hyper balanced. Wow. For me, we should say goodbye to the a18t. I cannot see any reason to buy them anymore...The u12t are relegated far behind, even for the bass, obviously. People who have SoundWriter (a18t effect audio mod version) should literally run on this pair voraciously like anyone on earth. Technical but ultra-musical, textured, enveloping and slightly warm (the touch of warmth is very refined and again just the best on earth), balanced over the whole spectrum with a Dantesque dynamic. A colossal masterpiece, not far behind the Fourté Noir however, we can feel Vitaliy still have the noir as a model of inspiration for the a18s, it's clear. It's the new best of the best of the 64 audio line up and one of the very best on the market ever. If you can't afford the Fourté Noir, then just buy the A18s. And enters my top 5 ever instantly. Formidable.

Nice impressions. On the flip side, if I HAD to pick out a negative about the A18s (this is purely a preference/mood based thing here) is that sometimes it still is just too analytical, but I understand that’s the way they are designed by nature, so it’s not really a con. I do find myself craving a bit more “fun” in my sound presentation lately, but the A18s is great. It also has probably the best overall treble presentation I have heard, the smoothness and air/extended nature of it is so satisfying.

May 28, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #10,268 of 23,563
Ok brothers.

Nice nice stuff you got there!

I always been impressed by 64audio and its a no surprise they succeeded once more!

That is some hard core bad ass Iems that Vitaliy is creating! Real talent!
And got approved by Tiger Ears aka Vitaly 😜

May 28, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #10,269 of 23,563
So you like the stock premium 4 wires cable more then the 8 wires silverdragon?
My silver dragon is v1. Sound is smoother with sd but at the moment I am liking the edgier stock sound. I always think the tuning is done with the stock cable so it is closest to the sound I purchased. My effect audio stock cable for my legend x has now broken where it goes into the 2 pin connector. That is where the sd will now go. I gotta quit falling to sleep with them in.

May 28, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #10,270 of 23,563
My silver dragon is v1. Sound is smoother with sd but at the moment I am liking the edgier stock sound. I always think the tuning is done with the stock cable so it is closest to the sound I purchased. My effect audio stock cable for my legend x has now broken where it goes into the 2 pin connector. That is where the sd will now go. I gotta quit falling to sleep with them in.

Well damn man stop sleeping! 😝

I always found stock cables inferior to custom cables.
And big time inferior

May 28, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #10,271 of 23,563
Well damn man stop sleeping! 😝

I always found stock cables inferior to custom cables.
And big time inferior
Good reviews everywhere on that PW1960 cable. Did you buy that in Canada?

May 28, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #10,272 of 23,563
Good reviews everywhere on that PW1960 cable. Did you buy that in Canada?

Mine was built on special request and bought via musicteck.

I got the 1.5m version official price is 2550 usd 🤑🤑🤑🤑

May 28, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #10,273 of 23,563
Mine was built on special request and bought via musicteck.

I got the 1.5m version official price is 2550 usd 🤑🤑🤑🤑
For that price you will be iem rolling for your cable. Lol

May 28, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #10,275 of 23,563

PW 1950 is stellar with the u/a18t.

I personally prefer the 50 to the 60 on the 18.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back