The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Apr 7, 2020 at 2:11 AM Post #9,902 of 23,560
Would you say the Tia Fourte Noir is completely different from the regular Tia Fourte? I tried the normal one and I wasn't a fan of it: somewhere the tonality was off compared to the U18t and U12t.
Having owned both I’d say they’re very different - the noir feels more like a trio upgrade while the Fourte is its own thing

Apr 7, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #9,903 of 23,560
Having owned both I’d say they’re very different - the noir feels more like a trio upgrade while the Fourte is its own thing

That's interesting, considering that I actually thought that the Trio was better than a Fourte. At least tone-wise.

Apr 7, 2020 at 2:16 AM Post #9,904 of 23,560
That's interesting, considering that I actually thought that the Trio was better than a Fourte. At least tone-wise.
The Fourte’s tone is one of the weirdest things the audio industry has produced haha, it’s a bit of a love it or hate it. Personally I find it quite unique and interesting and do enjoy it for the occasional listening session but I wouldn’t pick it to be my only IEM

Apr 7, 2020 at 2:32 AM Post #9,905 of 23,560
I think 64 changing their U designs to accommodate for deeper insertion would be a good idea - their customs are some of the deeper insertion ones while the universals are on the much shallower end of the spectrum so the difference ends up being quite significant

I have to say, I am a sucker for highs and the reason for me to get the A18t instead of the A12t was mainly the tuning of the highs (though I had my worries if it might become too much). Although they both use the same driver, U18t had more prominent highs than U12t. The bass on U18t didn't pinch my attention as much as it did on A18t. Again from memory, the tuning of the highs on my A18t sound closer to U12t than to U18t, which is neutral. I am also sucker for detailed bass and A18t makes up for the leaner treble by the jaw dropping bass and neutrality, so no regrets there. But still, I will do the comparison as soon as I have the chance.

Here is another comparison with measurements of U18t vs A18t, which confirms what I mentioned:

https://www.klauseulenbach.de/2019/11/17/measuring-ciem/

Apr 7, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #9,909 of 23,560
Sacrifice the nozzle of one of the tips you aren't using is one way.

Ah yes. this is the first thing I have done berfore I find the shop that sells these. :)

Apr 7, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #9,912 of 23,560
That's the thing: I reckon the A12t's bass is already on the edge of too much, and the N8 takes it to another level!

Truly a basshead's dream IEM. I reckon it easily eclipses the Solaris on that front at least.

Oh definitely, I don't like the term "basshead" but I'm definitely basshead-adjacent. For reference, my preferred headphones are a pair of slightly modded Fostex TH900.

From memory, I wouldn't say there was more bass on the N8s compared to the A12t, but it "hits" different. I can't really explain it but from demo'ing around I've noticed I really only enjoy DD bass.

Apr 7, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #9,913 of 23,560
I have been thinking about the N8 or JHA Lola. I do have impressions on file at 64 Audio, but none at JH Audio. On the other hand, I demoed the Lola last year, but never heard the N8.

Apr 7, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #9,914 of 23,560
From memory, I wouldn't say there was more bass on the N8s compared to the A12t, but it "hits" different. I can't really explain it but from demo'ing around I've noticed I really only enjoy DD bass.

dd bass is usually more organic, with rounder initial impact and a slower, longer decay.
ba bass is generally faster, tighter, and trades organicity for detail.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #9,915 of 23,560
I have been thinking about the N8 or JHA Lola. I do have impressions on file at 64 Audio, but none at JH Audio. On the other hand, I demoed the Lola last year, but never heard the N8.

I went with the N8s strictly for the 2-pin hardware, comparing the two (walking between the two booths at CanJam) they're very very similar.

dd bass is usually more organic, with rounder initial impact and a slower, longer decay.
ba bass is generally faster, tighter, and trades organicity for detail.

You're probably right. Probably in a similar vein, I don't really like planar gear either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back