The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Feb 3, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #8,836 of 23,600
^ yeah.

@quodjo105 i feel like you and @Vitaly2017 might have similar taste, and appreciate something with a bit more meat, like the Elysium or trio.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #8,837 of 23,600
^ yeah.

@quodjo105 i feel like if you and @Vitaly2017 might have similar taste, and appreciate something with a bit more meat, like the Elysium or trio.

It is also the reason why I like wm1z cause it has those attributes as well!

Warm thick natural organic :k701smile:

Feb 3, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #8,838 of 23,600
For the u18t

Anyone use any desktop amp/dac combo? I am getting away from portable source/amps as I no longer listen on the go.

But I still want to use the u18t as I love its sound best.

What desktop amp works good with this model, interested in no hiss!

Feb 4, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #8,839 of 23,600
Feb 4, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #8,840 of 23,600
It is also the reason why I like wm1z cause it has those attributes as well!

Warm thick natural organic :k701smile:
I also love the WM1Z, just got one. It's incredibly detailed too, with amazing staging - can't be happier with it. I'm glad that Sony didn't just go for "natural" - it's a masterpiece when it comes to technicalities

Feb 4, 2020 at 4:34 AM Post #8,841 of 23,600
I also love the WM1Z, just got one. It's incredibly detailed too, with amazing staging - can't be happier with it. I'm glad that Sony didn't just go for "natural" - it's a masterpiece when it comes to technicalities
I really like Sony's sound signature.

Feb 4, 2020 at 4:49 AM Post #8,842 of 23,600
For the u18t

Anyone use any desktop amp/dac combo? I am getting away from portable source/amps as I no longer listen on the go.

Something that has a dedicated iem output like rme adi2 DAC or questyle cma400i. Stuff like the smsl sp200 and thx aaa 789 amp is good but may have too much gain. Keep in mind stand alone amps need to be paired with non-hissy sources as well to make sure noise floor is low

Feb 4, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #8,843 of 23,600
For the u18t

I use a Chord Hugo 2. Definitely recommended. You could also pick up a top DAP and use it for your desktop while retaining the ability to take it mobile should you need to in the future. An N8 would work well though expensive. There are many others. Schiit makes an amp for 100.00 usd that has received great reviews from some of the audiophile mags. I have not heard one, but for 100.00 it might be a steal. Tks.

Feb 4, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #8,844 of 23,600
For the u18t

I actually didn't find it to be too great with the Hugo2 as there's quite a bit of hiss. An IEMatch can solve that though

Of the sources I own, I'd rank them WM1Z (quite warm and extremely technical) > RME ADI2 DAC (absolute steal for the price) > Hugo2 (hiss issue) > SP1000M (too bright and sibilant)

Feb 4, 2020 at 7:20 AM Post #8,845 of 23,600
I actually didn't find it to be too great with the Hugo2 as there's quite a bit of hiss. An IEMatch can solve that though

Of the sources I own, I'd rank them WM1Z (quite warm and extremely technical) > RME ADI2 DAC (absolute steal for the price) > Hugo2 (hiss issue) > SP1000M (too bright and sibilant)
I do not have the A18, but I have not heard any hiss issues with the Hugo 2 on my IEM’s or others at stores and shows (anole VX, Fourte, Kahn to name a few). Some do feel it is too analytic, but as I said, there are many choices.

Feb 4, 2020 at 7:27 AM Post #8,846 of 23,600
I do not have the A18, but I have not heard any hiss issues with the Hugo 2 on my IEM’s or others at stores and shows (anole VX, Fourte, Kahn to name a few). Some do feel it is too analytic, but as I said, there are many choices.
Interesting - I experienced it with both my U18t and my Fourte, as well as the A18t. I do love how analytical it is though, it's an insanely capable source.

I might also be extra sensitive to the hiss because I also hear a tiny bit when I use my 64 IEMs with my WM1Z, but as soon as I play any music it disappears

Feb 4, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #8,847 of 23,600

I wonder if you have heard the k mod wm1z? I am thinking of getting the mod done

Feb 4, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #8,848 of 23,600
I wonder if you have heard the k mod wm1z? I am thinking of getting the mod done
Unfortunately I haven't.... I have heard really good things about it, but since mine is like 2 days old currently I don't want to burn the warranty just yet. I'll wait until I get a bit more bored of the sound and maybe then

Feb 4, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #8,849 of 23,600
Unfortunately I haven't.... I have heard really good things about it, but since mine is like 2 days old currently I don't want to burn the warranty just yet. I'll wait until I get a bit more bored of the sound and maybe then

Then dont try it till warranty runs out cause you may ask your self how come you havent done the k mod ultimate before and how could you lived like that haha

Feb 4, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #8,850 of 23,600
Then dont try it till warranty runs out cause you may ask your self how come you havent done the k mod ultimate before and how could you lived like that haha
Honestly 90% of why I am in this hobby is to keep getting that wow feeling when I try something new and it blows my mind haha, so I am more than happy to wait before getting the K-mod knowing I might not have peaked yet :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back