The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jan 21, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #8,716 of 23,600
Is there a trick to getting Spinfits to stay in your ear? No matter what I do they start sliding out after about 10 seconds....

I have the same issue with Spinfits.

Jan 21, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #8,717 of 23,600
Honestly, that is why it is always best to say in IMO or something similar to preface a statement such as the one you made. It is okay to not be in the know on something once in awhile.

Again, you spoke directly to 64 Audio about their sales of the Trio? It would be an assumption that it might be replaced with a newer model soon when you see the deep discount being offered. Have they verified to you that the Trio is at the end of the line for that model?
Hi, this was the case when I used to sell 64audio back in the day. At least in SEA

Jan 21, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #8,718 of 23,600
Yes. Tried medium then large. I would need glue they are so slippery.

They did sound decent, but not really better than the stock tips (although it’s a pita to audition when they don’t stay put).
Really interesting.

Curious question, do you leave on a wet weather region?

Regarding Sound, I didn't noticed much difference or I just enjoyed every single IEM with that tip. I noticed more sound difference when using foam tips or going from standard bore size tip to wide ones.

Jan 21, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #8,719 of 23,600
Yes. Tried medium then large. I would need glue they are so slippery.

They did sound decent, but not really better than the stock tips (although it’s a pita to audition when they don’t stay put).

Well it just proved again that everyone's ear canal are different. The CP240 stays put in my ear even when I chew peanuts. Also I don't think CP240 really buys you anything if you didn't have problem with the conventional silicon tips anyway.

Jan 21, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #8,720 of 23,600
Really interesting.

Curious question, do you leave on a wet weather region?

Regarding Sound, I didn't noticed much difference or I just enjoyed every single IEM with that tip. I noticed more sound difference when using foam tips or going from standard bore size tip to wide ones.

Oh, one more thing from experience, I couldn't use the CP240 on my U12. I believe the problem is that my U12 has a really long tube (see picture) and it extend pass CP240's first umbrella which prevent the 2nd umbrella portion from bending when inserted into the ear canal. Don't know if that's the problem your have. But my U12 is the only universal I couldn't use CP240 with. My U12 may be different from others as I got a dealer demo unit with clear shell, not the regular retail ones.

IMG_2054.JPG

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #8,721 of 23,600
Our tastes differ with regard to bass, but I completely agree with you about the Trio's treble. Absolutely wonderful. I could listen to that delicacy and detail for four to six hours in a day easily. It's a whole different level from "sparkle".

Total +1 here.
I got plussound gold plated + trio + wm1z and og my God. One of the best sound experiences I ever had. I love it so much I cant stop listening.
I get an average of 5h a day of listening. Sometimes its so good I boost bass lol. Trio has such nice bsss and get more visceral with a boost in eq

I think I am 90% to my end game setup here

Jan 22, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #8,722 of 23,600
I’m thinking of buying a Plussound Poetic cable to use with my Fourte (primary) and maybe U18t. Is there good advice on which wire material conducts best for those IEMs?

i like the look of the Poetic, it looks reasonably ergonomic and soft too?

Go for gold plated silver!
Such a noble and luxurious sound with high resolution capabilities. Its refined and very beautiful timber. It will definitely make forte sound like you never heard it before!

Jan 22, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #8,723 of 23,600
Come on 64audio

You know that this is an impossible thing....
Imagine they have to tune every single iem tia air chamber and tia driver to perfectly perform that exact tuning that you get in universal!
It is the reason why universal sounds better. It was precision design and engineered. Custom always will underperform from an universal except in comfort and seal.

Thats my opinion based on my life experience

Jan 22, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #8,724 of 23,600
I have the same issue with Spinfits.

RHA also makes dual flange tips. They worked better for me with the FiR M3 (strangely, since the Spin Fit CP240 worked better with the M4 an M5 even though the shells appear to be the same). something else to try. At least the RHA are inexpensive.

I wish Spin Fit would make a wide-bore CP240. CP240W? Leave the part that slips over the sound pipe the same (3mm?), but make the bore 4mm or so. I think that would open up the sound. Especially with fat IEMs like Campfire Audio. I use Spiral Dots with those. Any other tips I tried muffle the highs and close the sound in for me.

So far the only IEM I've tried which was improved by foamies is the Unique Melody Maestro. Go figure.

Jan 22, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #8,725 of 23,600
RHA also makes dual flange tips.

Great info. Will give them a try when I get the chance.

I wish Spin Fit would make a wide-bore CP240. CP240W? Leave the part that slips over the sound pipe the same (3mm?), but make the bore 4mm or so. I think that would open up the sound. Especially with fat IEMs like Campfire Audio.

+1 on this. I tried the CP220 as well which has very slightly wider bore but shorter than CP240. The sound opened up noticeably but for some reason the very top end (may be 9-10k or above) was lost. Could be my ear canal problem again though...

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #8,726 of 23,600
Great info. Will give them a try when I get the chance.

+1 on this. I tried the CP220 as well which has very slightly wider bore but shorter than CP240. The sound opened up noticeably but for some reason the very top end (may be 9-10k or above) was lost. Could be my ear canal problem again though...

I don't think I've seen a CP220, where did you get them?

Jan 23, 2020 at 4:36 AM Post #8,729 of 23,600
Cable rolling really made a big difference in sound signature with a LID-less A12tr

qxNKC7q.jpg

Jan 23, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #8,730 of 23,600
Cable rolling really made a big difference in sound signature with a LID-less A12tr

qxNKC7q.jpg
I've been a cable sceptic all my life, until I got a pair of U12t and started playing around with different cables. Currently using a Forza Audioworks Hybrid, and the jump in vocal clarity and air compared to a pure copper cable is remarkable. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't heard it for myself. And that's with LiD... Personally I think LiD is brilliant, especially if you're using multiple (sometimes very powerful) DAPs, and mix/matching between daps, phones and desktop amps. Definitely worth the hit (if any) it makes to extreme cable rolling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back