The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Dec 29, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #8,476 of 23,575
Apparently its called project K-9 for now as it was just being demoed during the show or at least thats what the dude was saying. Tia trio sounds too much like the u12t and the u18t in regards to sound sig even thou the details are more fined tuned i think it why the sales of it struggles.
then again everything in the current universal group besides the tia forte seem to have the same signature sound of the u8 imo. but when i sound the k9s it made me excited for 64 audio again because it was the perfect counter balance to my u8s

Dec 29, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #8,477 of 23,575
Apparently its called project K-9 for now as it was just being demoed during the show or at least thats what the dude was saying. Tia trio sounds too much like the u12t and the u18t in regards to sound sig even thou the details are more fined tuned i think it why the sales of it struggles.
then again everything in the current universal group besides the tia forte seem to have the same signature sound of the u8 imo. but when i sound the k9s it made me excited for 64 audio again because it was the perfect counter balance to my u8s

I have to disagree with Tia Trio and U12t sounding the same. Maybe the same house sound, but they are different enough in my opinion.

Dec 29, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #8,478 of 23,575
Would anyone please be kind enough to summarize the best cable options for the Trio? Please throw in some lower price options as well.

I think all the Trio could possibly ever need is a slightly more intimate midrange. Effect Audio’s Grandioso is ideal for that.

Dec 29, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #8,479 of 23,575
Have you guys who are trying to use Spiral Dots with the U18T or others tried the newest Spiral Dots? They're the "++" model whatever that means, and I've found that they have a slightly smaller bore and stay pretty well on the barrel of the U18T. They're stupid expensive and available in Japan though :frowning2: Maybe keep an eye out for them to hit other markets.

On another note, @kdphan let me try his Tia Trio and I am in love. I think I prefer it to the Fourte (and maybe U18T but time will tell). I was surprised to hear such a nice tonality combined with technical prowess. Now I'm on the hunt for one :)

-Collin-
Just got Spiral dots and ++ to try with U12T. The Dots are very similar sounding to original silicone tips but I like them fitting better. ++ are on another level, the silicone material is very unique, they fit, seal and sound the best of all tips I rolled, definitely worth the price. They still can be pushed back on the stem and require pulling them occasionally but not as bad as stock tips.

Dec 29, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #8,480 of 23,575
I have to disagree with Tia Trio and U12t sounding the same. Maybe the same house sound, but they are different enough in my opinion.

Yeah, i also did not find the trio and the u12t to sound similar at all.

And it's interesting @Dvl Kubo that you're grouping the trio with the u12t and the u18t.

The U18t (and especially the A18t) has a completely bonkers level of detail compared to the u12t, trio, or pretty much anything else on the market.

I find all three to be different in rather significant ways...same house sound, maybe (?)...but to my ears these 3 differ in rather significant ways, in regards to frequency response, soundstage, detail, and energy levels.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #8,481 of 23,575
@mwhales i didnt say they sound the same i said the sound signature well i guess what you consider house sound.
yeah i can hear the differences between all 3 in detail etc but yet the there's this distinctive sound that all 3 have that sounds the same that i hear in my u8s which i didnt hear in the tia forte/nore and the k9s.
Its kind a why i never pulled the trigger on the u12s or u18s I did almost pull it for the tia trios thou sound wise it was more in the happy realm of a u8s on crack meth and any other drug cocktale i could think of that emakulates the sound

Dec 29, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #8,483 of 23,575
Just got Spiral dots and ++ to try with U12T. The Dots are very similar sounding to original silicone tips but I like them fitting better. ++ are on another level, the silicone material is very unique, they fit, seal and sound the best of all tips I rolled, definitely worth the price. They still can be pushed back on the stem and require pulling them occasionally but not as bad as stock tips.

How large is the bore? Does it slide as easily as the stock ones? Or its like final type e?

Dec 29, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #8,484 of 23,575
How large is the bore? Does it slide as easily as the stock ones? Or its like final type e?
Because Spirals are so 'short' and the U12t nozzle relatively long, I find I need to use a small rubber grommet or stopper at base of the nozzle and then only fit the SD tips. That way they have plenty of room between the nozzle tip and the opening for the 'dots' to do their work, otherwise, even with SD++, once you push them in your ears the tips slide back and the nozzle is almost at the opening of the tips. Not good for wax going straight onto the nozzle mesh too...

Dec 29, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #8,485 of 23,575
Because Spirals are so 'short' and the U12t nozzle relatively long, I find I need to use a small rubber grommet or stopper at base of the nozzle and then only fit the SD tips. That way they have plenty of room between the nozzle tip and the opening for the 'dots' to do their work, otherwise, even with SD++, once you push them in your ears the tips slide back and the nozzle is almost at the opening of the tips. Not good for wax going straight onto the nozzle mesh too...

Hmm thats how I like it actually.
I use stock tips and they are flush with the bore. Makes sound way more conform to me.

I wonder if the sound going to change dots ++ vs stock tips being flush with the bore?

Dec 29, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #8,486 of 23,575
Hmm thats how I like it actually.
I use stock tips and they are flush with the bore. Makes sound way more conform to me.

I wonder if the sound going to change dots ++ vs stock tips being flush with the bore?
Except it's a bit pointless using Spiral Dots flush with the bore. The dots don't get used and you lose the positive effect they have on the sound. May as well use any wide bore silicone tip then rather than spend big on SD++.

Dec 30, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #8,488 of 23,575
6404C623-7C35-43A0-B531-91B9D7F7CB59.jpeg

New toy arrived today! Too early to say much about the Trio other than it is the real deal!

Dec 30, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #8,490 of 23,575

The bore is longer and a bit smaller vs stock tips, but the silicone is softer which makes them slide almost as easy as stock. My stock are brand new now so they seat firmly now but I recall they start sliding easier over time. The main advantage of ++ is that they seal the best and sound as good or a bit better then stock. The silicone they made of is very soft. I have tons of ear tips and these are the best with U12t

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back