The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Dec 27, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #8,431 of 23,600
When will 64 audio release a new flagship line. Its been like 2 years.

I hope 64 audio only introduces new flagships when significant improvements over the current ones have been made. This is refreshing in the current environment where the typical life cycle of a flagship (especially iem) is 6-12 months. We should not be encouraging this sort of predatory behavior.

HD800S, Utopia, LCD4 and KSE1500 prove that the older flagships can compete (and come out on top) even against new releases. This is even more true for 2-channel systems where 2014 amplifiers are still considered new releases.

Dec 27, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #8,432 of 23,600
I hope 64 audio only introduces new flagships when significant improvements over the current ones have been made. This is refreshing in the current environment where the typical life cycle of a flagship (especially iem) is 6-12 months. We should not be encouraging this sort of predatory behavior.

HD800S, Utopia, LCD4 and KSE1500 prove that the older flagships can compete (and come out on top) even against new releases. This is even more true for 2-channel systems where 2014 amplifiers are still considered new releases.
Audio equipment is unlike most other tech in that a system that sounds well at some point in time, sound well at every point in time

I own some Focal speakers from 2002 that still sound exceptional. IEM tech is evolving quite fast, but if you buy something that you like now, new releases shouldn't be an issue as it'll most likely be a matter of different tuning rather than an improvement in technicalities

Dec 27, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #8,433 of 23,600

ye , but I thought they might get into the tripple hybrid war with the other companies. No one seems to have perfected that and I would like to see 64 audio have a crack at it.

Dec 27, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #8,434 of 23,600
ye , but I thought they might get into the tripple hybrid war with the other companies. No one seems to have perfected that and I would like to see 64 audio have a crack at it.
*cough* Elysium *cough*

Dec 27, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #8,435 of 23,600
Audio equipment is unlike most other tech in that a system that sounds well at some point in time, sound well at every point in time

I own some Focal speakers from 2002 that still sound exceptional. IEM tech is evolving quite fast, but if you buy something that you like now, new releases shouldn't be an issue as it'll most likely be a matter of different tuning rather than an improvement in technicalities

While I agree that IEM tech is changing, I wouldn't necessarily call it an evolution. No objections to new tunings as long as they aren't marketed as improvements over the current models.

Dec 27, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #8,436 of 23,600

Maybe it's cause it isn't a good idea? If you can't make it work, don't release it just to follow the crowd.

Dec 27, 2019 at 2:28 AM Post #8,438 of 23,600
hmm ye, if it was universal It would probably be my my first pick, but I would feel abit more sure about it if it had like 4X BA for bass atleast.
The Elysium has noticeably lifted subbass, and pretty flat midbass. Imo the bass alone outperforms that of many other multiple BA IEMs, and several people on other threads have called it some of the best BA bass they've heard.

I think it works especially well as a custom though, the treble gains a lot of sparkle and the bass gets a lift in quantity, especially in the subbass section

The other tribrid that deserves a mention is the FiR M5 imo, amazing coherency, but somewhat excessive bass and treble. Tends towards a V.

Tbh I'm not sure 64 will venture into the estats territory as their tia drivers already produce some of the finest treble out there - there's just no need for it imo

Dec 27, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #8,439 of 23,600
The Elysium has noticeably lifted subbass, and pretty flat midbass. Imo the bass alone outperforms that of many other multiple BA IEMs, and several people on other threads have called it some of the best BA bass they've heard.

For a single BA driver the bass is indeed incredible; that VE got this detail and punch out of a single driver proves that if you know how to tune, you can create kickass bass with merely a single BA driver. That said, there's no doubt some will find the power to be lacking in some cases with more energetic music, but this is a tuning preference rather than a flaw of the transducer.

The other tribrid that deserves a mention is the FiR M5 imo, amazing coherency, but somewhat excessive bass and treble. Tends towards a V.

Super V shape indeed...super fun though. Most fun iem I've heard for electronic and pop music, just so much energy and bounce.

Tbh I'm not sure 64 will venture into the estats territory as their tia drivers already produce some of the finest treble out there - there's just no need for it imo

Exactly...i actually prefer the energy of tia treble to the estat treble i've heard across a bunch of transducers.

Dec 27, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #8,440 of 23,600
Every time I listen to my Tia Fourte I understand why they are one of A64’s best sellers.

Dec 27, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #8,441 of 23,600
I took advantage of the 30% reduction in price on the Trio's.

Now I see why 64 Audio in general and TIA in particular have such a strong and loyal following.

Even straight out of the box they sound great.

As someone mentioned earlier the treble with these is much better than the flavour of the month electret iems such as the Shuoer TAPE, EJ07 and Fearless Roland's and as such there's no real need for 64 Audio to go down that path.

Dec 27, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #8,442 of 23,600
enjoy the new 64s, @SteveKiwi.

tia tech provides some of the best treble i've heard anywhere...super detailed, energetic, and smooth in its delivery.

Dec 27, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #8,443 of 23,600
I took advantage of the 30% reduction in price on the Trio's.

Now I see why 64 Audio in general and TIA in particular have such a strong and loyal following.

Even straight out of the box they sound great.

As someone mentioned earlier the treble with these is much better than the flavour of the month electret iems such as the Shuoer TAPE, EJ07 and Fearless Roland's and as such there's no real need for 64 Audio to go down that path.
64’s Tia comfortably matches well implemented estats in terms of treble alone

I think for the most part they could introduce some more innovation at the lower end of their lineup, which remains quite overlooked in the non-pro market

Dec 28, 2019 at 5:16 AM Post #8,444 of 23,600
I would love to see the Tia bass DD :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Now that could be an amazing wow sound )

I think trio and forte are already all tubeless designs.

Improving more is probably extremely challenging

Dec 28, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #8,445 of 23,600
64’s Tia comfortably matches well implemented estats in terms of treble alone

I think for the most part they could introduce some more innovation at the lower end of their lineup, which remains quite overlooked in the non-pro market
Their a3e is a strong player in that field imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back