The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 25, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #7,201 of 23,720
So I had a rather negative initial experience with 64, and there were a ton of misunderstandings and issues along the way, but Vitaliy reached out today to speak about the experience

So I don’t get decapitated by the forums - Vitaliy told me the experience was highly unusual and it was an issue that wasn’t on my end but rather due to internal changes and reorganization - he was also extremely helpful in resolving the matter and has not only redeemed the image I have of 64audio, but significantly surpassed it

It’s not often that companies are able to admit when something has gone wrong, and in order to make a gesture on my side as well, I have placed an order for the Forte Noir and am highly anticipating its arrival :)

I love a happy ending !

I have been following this thread for years and it seems they treat their customers very fairly. Glad you are back on board !

So at some point real soon you'll have the A18t's, Noirte' and FIR M5's for comparison. Super nice !!!

Jul 25, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #7,202 of 23,720
I love a happy ending !

I have been following this thread for years and it seems they treat their customers very fairly. Glad you are back on board !

So at some point real soon you'll have the A18t's, Noirte' and FIR M5's for comparison. Super nice !!!
Haha actually it will be a 6 way ultra TOTL comparison:

M5
Noirte
A18t upgrade by FiR
U18t (courtesy of 64)
Noble Katana
Campfire Andromeda S

I know the last 2 aren’t TOTLs, but they’re still close to co flagships in the way the U18t and the Fourte are to one another

Super hyped, can’t wait - will be dropping a long ass review soon

Jul 25, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #7,204 of 23,720
What type of music do you listen to ?
Oooh too many to list - classic and altrock, some EDM, jazz, classical, blues, etc etc

Generally speaking almost everything except some genres I’m borderline allergic to

Currently on a huge grandson wave and rocking that a lot

You? :)

Jul 25, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #7,206 of 23,720
[QUOTE="

I know the last 2 aren’t TOTLs,

CA Solaris is a tough fit so the Andro S will have to do.[/QUOTE]
I liked the Solaris when I listened to it but the Andro felt a tad cleaner... sort of the same reason I went for the Katana over the Khan :)

Jul 25, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #7,207 of 23,720
Glad you are like me and all over the place in musical tastes it is important to know. The U18t's really shine on jazz but IMHO something is ever so slightly missing in the Rock/heavy metal presentation. I kept going back to my non tia 12's for Rock. Going to revisit the 18t's this week end and swap some tips and cables. Worst case scenario is I carry two IEMs with me and swap when I am listening to jazz .

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #7,208 of 23,720
Glad you are like me and all over the place in musical tastes it is important to know. The U18t's really shine on jazz but IMHO something is ever so slightly missing in the Rock/heavy metal presentation. Going to revisit them this week end and swap some tips and cables. Worst case scenario is I carry two IEMs with me and swap when I am listening to jazz .
In my experience the 18t works really well with genres and songs that have a well defined soundstage, the way jazz does. You can feel where each instrument is and how it performs, the height of the vocals and everything in between - absolutely amazing

Where the 18t didn’t work for me is pop and some of the modern, mediocre recordings. I just felt like something was lacking, maybe because of the out of the world experience that the other genres were

Jul 25, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #7,209 of 23,720
In my experience the 18t works really well with genres and songs that have a well defined soundstage, the way jazz does. You can feel where each instrument is and how it performs, the height of the vocals and everything in between - absolutely amazing

Where the 18t didn’t work for me is pop and some of the modern, mediocre recordings. I just felt like something was lacking, maybe because of the out of the world experience that the other genres were

YES YES ... Exactly !!!

Also the bass is great and well defined but does not seem to cause the bone conductivity that is indicative of live music (for Me). I am hoping the Noirte will solve that.

Jul 25, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #7,210 of 23,720
YES YES ... Exactly !!!

Also the bass is great and well defined but does not seem to cause the bone conductivity that is indicative of live music (for Me). I am hoping the Noirte will solve that.
The 18t has a certain harshness in the way it presents music and when I come across one of these smooth new recordings there’s a class that isn’t especially pleasant

I’ve heard the Fourte and it does an excellent job at taking that smoothness and multiplying it by 100, makes everything sound great - same applies to my Andromeda S, and I got a similar vibe from my brief listen of the Solaris. The Katana is in the 18t camp on this for sure. Pretty curious about the M5

Jul 25, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #7,211 of 23,720
. Pretty curious about the M5
I should be able to tell you by tomorrow !! M5's have been overnighted and I am feeling a tickle in my throat which will no doubt cause me to call in sick tomorrow :)

Jul 25, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #7,212 of 23,720
I should be able to tell you by tomorrow !! M5's have been overnighted and I am feeling a tickle in my throat which will no doubt cause me to call in sick tomorrow :)
Mine are getting shipped out today along with the A18t with DHL Express but im not sure if they’ll be able to send them to London overnight... fingers crossed though, if not I’ll get them around mid next week

Jul 25, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #7,213 of 23,720
Mine are getting shipped out today along with the A18t with DHL Express but im not sure if they’ll be able to send them to London overnight... fingers crossed though, if not I’ll get them around mid next week
Should be pretty fast. I have had a few parcels sent to me from Singapore to London via DHL Express and received them the next day, although the time difference can of course be more ideal sending from there.

In any case, very happy to see things have worked out for you!

Jul 25, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #7,214 of 23,720
Should be pretty fast. I have had a few parcels sent to me from Singapore to London via DHL Express and received them the next day, although the time difference can of course be more ideal sending from there.

In any case, very happy to see things have worked out for you!
Thank you!!

Worst case it’ll be early next week and this weekend I’ll get the Katana to play with anyhow so I’ll be entertained hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back