The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Feb 7, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #5,851 of 23,543
I got to try an A2 at NAMM, which was fitted in a universal housing for demo purposes.
Weirdly-enough, I got a good fit out of it; typically I can only fit earphones like Westone, NuForce EDC3 etc... which have the much narrower nozzles. Anything that has the wider nozzles tend to never work for me (Campfire Audio, Noble, etc...).

Do 64 Audio universal IEMs come wiht slightly smaller nozzles, or am I just terrible at fitting my own IEMs? :)

For the record I found the A2 very good technically, but I was overwhelmed by the bass. I got told it's their least-bassy headphones, I guess I'm just bass-sensitive...

Feb 7, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #5,852 of 23,543
Just submitted my A12T order, excited for my first pair of CIEMs. Hopefully the wait time isn't too bad once those Black Friday orders are completed, they'll probably finish a bunch of them by the time my impressions are shipped.

Welcome to headfi, sorry about your wallet :)

Feb 7, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #5,853 of 23,543
Anyone here have any of the lower end 64 audio products? Never seems to be much talk of the a2e or a3e?

Feb 8, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #5,855 of 23,543
I caved in. Added rush processing to my order - they’re now in production. 6 business days to build them, I cannot wait! :)

Still won't stop you pressing f5 though will it :) Congrats, hope the fits ok after all that.

Feb 8, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #5,857 of 23,543
not specific to the U12t but I find the spinfit 145s and Spiral dots work really well with my U4SEs.

Feb 8, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #5,858 of 23,543
I caved in. Added rush processing to my order - they’re now in production. 6 business days to build them, I cannot wait! :)

good move...rushed mine as well. well worth it, indeed.

the A18 are just spectacular...just cannot stop listening to these things. they just sound utterly real and capture a mind-numbing amount of detail from the source.

looking forward to your impressions.

Feb 8, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #5,859 of 23,543
good move...rushed mine as well. well worth it, indeed.

the A18 are just spectacular...just cannot stop listening to these things. they just sound utterly real and capture a mind-numbing amount of detail from the source.

looking forward to your impressions.

Beyond excited. I had the U18t and loved them so getting them in customs is going to be amazing. Praying for a smooth fit with no problems also.

Feb 8, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #5,860 of 23,543
10B5B51E-CB55-4809-9BE2-036456A6D9E7.jpeg
7648A357-B331-4059-8384-E2227CD9254C.jpeg
after trying several cables and tips...
At last...the best sounding combo for the U18t...(IMO)
Thanks Twister6 for your suggestions.

Feb 8, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #5,862 of 23,543
I currently use the Symbio W tips and tried it 2 ways:

1) Default with hybrid foam - insertion depth to my ears is good and lower to sub bass has some liquid character. Foam makes the tips feel harder, but not in an uncomfortable way, but I feel the presence constantly.

2) Hybrid foam removed so essentially just a silicon tip - deeper insertion versus default, bass is a little tighter and faster, treble a smidge smoother. This results in me wanting to up the volume a few dB without fatigue or overbearing bass. I prefer this arrangement so far. Fit is nearly as flush as custom so that's definite plus. Without the foam, these are much softer and I can easily forget the presence in my ears.

I am guessing the bass difference is due to hybrid foam and the treble due to difference with insertion depth. My reasoning is that bass has physical impact so foam may be adding a little more resonance. I was expecting the opposite since I thought foam would dampen. As for the treble, the diameter of the tip opening is identical in both cases so the only variable is the insertion depth.

Note - to remove the foam, just turn the outer silicon shell inside out and gently pull the orange foam off. It is not glued so comes off easy. For those who prefer foam, it's still a good idea to pull these out occasionally to clean them.

Feb 8, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #5,863 of 23,543
I got to try an A2 at NAMM, which was fitted in a universal housing for demo purposes.
Weirdly-enough, I got a good fit out of it; typically I can only fit earphones like Westone, NuForce EDC3 etc... which have the much narrower nozzles. Anything that has the wider nozzles tend to never work for me (Campfire Audio, Noble, etc...).

Do 64 Audio universal IEMs come wiht slightly smaller nozzles, or am I just terrible at fitting my own IEMs? :)

For the record I found the A2 very good technically, but I was overwhelmed by the bass. I got told it's their least-bassy headphones, I guess I'm just bass-sensitive...

Nevermind; a search led me to the Comply website where it clearly shows the 64 audio nozzles are the 500-size; even bigger than on my Campfire Audio which doesn't fit me.

Feb 8, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #5,864 of 23,543
Let's test your patience, evo...:smiling_imp: (zebra wood / clear shells)
1.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back