The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Dec 27, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #5,701 of 23,562
I'm waiting on the A12t that I ordered during Black Friday and I'm looking at aftermarket cables (not really a fan of the stock).

Any thoughts about the Ares II and the PW No.5? I don't hear a substantial difference between different cables so the ergonomics are more important to me.

Cheers.

Just out of curiosity since I was a Black Friday order as well, where are you at on your order status? I'm essentially a child as I find myself checking my N8 status multiple times per day. ha ha.

Here's mine.
9kulw2.png

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #5,702 of 23,562
Just out of curiosity since I was a Black Friday order as well, where are you at on your order status? I'm essentially a child as I find myself checking my N8 status multiple times per day. ha ha.

Here's mine.
9kulw2.png

I'm still at the production stage. I had issues with my impressions and only managed to send them over in early December. Well it's holiday season now and I'm sure they had an influx of orders over Black Friday so it might take a while.

Dec 27, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #5,703 of 23,562
I'm still at the production stage. I had issues with my impressions and only managed to send them over in early December. Well it's holiday season now and I'm sure they had an influx of orders over Black Friday so it might take a while.

Ah, that's a bummer. I'm sure they'll be worth the wait though!

Dec 31, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #5,704 of 23,562
I bought a U18t after spending a couple of hours auditioning a demo and being thoroughly taken with it. I ordered it via an approved UK retailers who handled the ordering and deliver of it for me.

It arrived a week later and my intention was to proceed with an evaluation and comparison against a selection of other IEM's in my possession and post my findings.

And although on receipt my immediate impression were again positive I have been unable to proceed due to an issue with the right earpiece. There is a little play in the 2 pin socket and an internal rattle in the same earpiece which is noticeable with light tapping on the shell. This is a minor issue which would not deter me from buying it again and could go unnoticed by many. The left earpiece is fine.

The UK retailer is handling the return for me and is aware of the issue and is confident it will be dealt with satisfactorily. They have arranged the despatch back to 64Audio however I was asked to pay £75 (UK) $98 US for postage fees. This will be the third IEM I have had to RMA in 25 years and on previous occassions either the retailer has returned or replaced the fauly item without charge or the manufacturer has provided a pre-paid postage envelope.

Upon auditioning the U18t I was confident about its potential and became aware there were some attributes that placed it above many of its competitors. There is some beautification of the sound signature especially at the high end but this is not what sets its apart, there is other stuff as well.

Anyhow I'm confident that 64Audio will resolve the faulty earpiece and I'm excited to recieve the U18t's back so I can proceed so stay tuned for updates and a multi-way comparison against the likes of Noble, Campfire etc.

Dec 31, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #5,705 of 23,562
The UK retailer is handling the return for me and is aware of the issue and is confident it will be dealt with satisfactorily. They have arranged the despatch back to 64Audio however I was asked to pay £75 (UK) $98 US for postage fees. This will be the third IEM I have had to RMA in 25 years and on previous occassions either the retailer has returned or replaced the fauly item without charge or the manufacturer has provided a pre-paid postage envelope.

If the IEMs were broken out of the box, I would not agree to pay any additional postage fees period. It's 64's QC problem that you ended up with a faulty IEM, and you're already being forced into a position to spend time and energy dealing with the issue.

If I were in your position, I would strongly insist that 64 audio cover all shipping costs related to the issue, and you should be allowed to keep using the IEMs (if they can still be used with the defect) while you wait for a replacement.

Dec 31, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #5,706 of 23,562
Congrats on your u18t SED.

I've heard the u18t and recently picked these up in custom form (A18t) and they are absolutely phenomenal iems.

64A has customer service quality that matches their products. Send them a note (if they don't chime in here first, which they very well may) let them know your situation, and give them a chance to sort it out.

The u18t are quite an investment, and I doubt 64A would want to know that you had to lay out any unexpected additional funds just to ensure you received a properly functioning unit.

Dec 31, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #5,707 of 23,562
I bought a U18t after spending a couple of hours auditioning a demo and being thoroughly taken with it. I ordered it via an approved UK retailers who handled the ordering and deliver of it for me.

It arrived a week later and my intention was to proceed with an evaluation and comparison against a selection of other IEM's in my possession and post my findings.

And although on receipt my immediate impression were again positive I have been unable to proceed due to an issue with the right earpiece. There is a little play in the 2 pin socket and an internal rattle in the same earpiece which is noticeable with light tapping on the shell. This is a minor issue which would not deter me from buying it again and could go unnoticed by many. The left earpiece is fine.

Upon auditioning the U18t I was confident about its potential and became aware there were some attributes that placed it above many of its competitors. There is some beautification of the sound signature especially at the high end but this is not what sets its apart, there is other stuff as well.

Anyhow I'm confident that 64Audio will resolve the faulty earpiece and I'm excited to recieve the U18t's back so I can proceed so stay tuned for updates and a multi-way comparison against the likes of Noble, Campfire etc.

Hi SED,
We're sorry to hear about the issue with your U18t. Would you send us an email at support@64audio.com with your serial number and the name of the dealer you're working with? We'll work to get this sorted out with you.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Jan 2, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #5,708 of 23,562
Zhanming057, toaster22 thanks for your responses and your prediction that 64Audio would chime in to which I have responded to their email request.
I am now nearly 2000 words into a multi way IEM analysis and eager to progress so awaiting their response.
Update 3rd Jan: 64Audio reached out to the dealer to resolve the postal issues. My main anxiety now is the comprehensive identification and resolution of the 2 issues with the right earpiece.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #5,709 of 23,562
Hi all, I’m getting a little impatient here but how long generally for buffing and QC?
My IEM were prepped by 18/12 and was going through QC earlier this month and I’m still waiting for it now.
I ordered through a vendor so I am unable to track them, but I’ve been pestering them for updates every week or so.

Jan 12, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #5,711 of 23,562
I got 2 days for both Buffing and QC. Next day shipped.

Hmm yeah cause they were very fast with the assembly, and I feel bad for asking my side for updates as they cannot give any promises cause it’s ultimately on manufacturer side.

Jan 12, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #5,712 of 23,562
Hi all, I’m getting a little impatient here but how long generally for buffing and QC?
My IEM were prepped by 18/12 and was going through QC earlier this month and I’m still waiting for it now.
I ordered through a vendor so I am unable to track them, but I’ve been pestering them for updates every week or so.
I think your vendor should be able to give you a link to 64 Audio's tracking page for your order. If not, PM 64 (Kalani) on here. He's always ready to help.

Jan 12, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #5,713 of 23,562

I understand the pestering.. They got my molds over a week ago, and they still aren't in production... But than again Im a impatient person :)
Hope you get yours soon!

Jan 12, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #5,714 of 23,562
Just got the u12t today. So far so good and no noticeable issues. Need to listen a bit more to them to give an opinion about them but so far I like what I am hearing.

Jan 12, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #5,715 of 23,562
Just received a notification that my A18t are ready for collection.
Now to try and sleep and collect them at noon (it’s 1am here)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back