The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 18, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #5,011 of 23,591
Hi tgrosu, you pointed out a very good point. If wax gets beyond the mesh it can be very bad for the open tia driver. I’m intimately familiar with how tia works and it’s why the first product was the Vac. Keeping wax from going beyond the guard is your #1 priority since wax damage is not under warranty. If anyone had to pay for a tia driver replacement, I am going to guess it’s not a small bill. Without raising a panic, its one of the best investments you can make for tia. That’s my opinion from co-developing the tia products.
How effective would you say the mesh is at keeping wax out and conversely what factor was the most important in wax getting past the mesh that you noticed while developing Tia?

Ive never had a problem with universals, but I noticed it with my A3s, nothing unmanageable with the cleaning though.

Jul 18, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #5,012 of 23,591
How effective would you say the mesh is at keeping wax out and conversely what factor was the most important in wax getting past the mesh that you noticed while developing Tia?

Ive never had a problem with universals, but I noticed it with my A3s, nothing unmanageable with the cleaning though.

It is fairly effective, If the user has more than normal amount of wax its more of a chance it can pass wax through. The most important factor is when the wax dries up and when you go to clean it, it can dislodge and fall through the other side if there is a build up on the mesh. Using a Vac right after a good use when the wax is still warm is the best time to clean it. Having a good amount of suction is important too. If you aren't using the right tip or don't have good suction it can break dry wax away and through the mesh. The frequency of cleaning is all on the individual. Some barely every see any wax so they would do it a lot less often than someone who has a lot. It also helps that the mesh is recessed a little into the tia bore, that was also by design for that purpose.

FIR Audio Stay updated on FIR Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.firaudio.com/
Jul 19, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #5,017 of 23,591
Jul 19, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #5,018 of 23,591
Hey guys

Used to be a lurker who perused through the discussions here to complement my thoughts during auditioning sessions. Really glad I did, and made the leap to receive my first ever custom earphones :) 64 really does make great fitting earphones, and they sound phenomenal.

Jul 19, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #5,019 of 23,591
Thanks @crinacle and @twister6 for your N8 reviews. I just ordered one and sent in my ear impressions today! I'm looking forward to getting them in a month or two.

Jul 19, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #5,020 of 23,591
Hey guys

Used to be a lurker who perused through the discussions here to complement my thoughts during auditioning sessions. Really glad I did, and made the leap to receive my first ever custom earphones :) 64 really does make great fitting earphones, and they sound phenomenal.

you just forgot to mention, which one did you get?

Jul 19, 2018 at 11:48 PM Post #5,021 of 23,591
@Deezel177 Are you going to be doing reviews of the A6t with cables soon?
I assume your impressions was with the stock cable. Kinda curious whether I could just swap in my Aries II 4 wire for the stock. Im not a fan of memory wire cables and Effect Audio cables look amazing.

Jul 20, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #5,023 of 23,591
I don't think he wrote a full blown review, just some comparisons of the 64 CIEM line-up here and there

Jul 20, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #5,024 of 23,591
@Deezel177 Are you going to be doing reviews of the A6t with cables soon?
I assume your impressions was with the stock cable. Kinda curious whether I could just swap in my Aries II 4 wire for the stock. Im not a fan of memory wire cables and Effect Audio cables look amazing.

Well, the full review won't come out for another couple months considering my current backlog, but I'll be posting impressions of pair-ups as I experiment. The impressions I posted were made with the stock cable, the Effect Audio Thor Silver II, the Effect Audio x Music Sanctuary Eos and the Effect Audio 8-wire Ares II. I essentially wrote down the aspects of sound that remained constant with them all (to some degree). Currently, I'm a huge fan of the pair-up with the 8-wire Ares II. It greatly improves low-end extension to provide a more guttural response and smoothens the treble for a more natural tone whilst maintaining extension. I'd probably recommend a slightly warmer cable to pair with the A6t to give it a more natural timbre whilst maintaining extension, so something like the PlusSound Tri-Copper or the Effect Audio Lionheart would pair really well IMO.

Jul 20, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #5,025 of 23,591
you just forgot to mention, which one did you get?

Oh yes. My bad. Still new to posting in this forum :)
4464ecc5236237ef3a631efe5f5a9dcb-full.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back