The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Apr 3, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #3,451 of 23,720
Are your apex modules green or am I going colorblind? If so, did you repaint them or something else? I've only ever seen m15 and m20 modules come in gunmetal and silver.

It's a limited edition green M20, here is more info.

Apr 3, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #3,453 of 23,720
what happened with the budget models of the universal series?
U4, U6, U10 will be reborn as U4t, U6t and U10t??
or the company will focus only on the custom models??

Regards ✌️✌️

The new line-up, correct me if I'm wrong, will consist of the U2e, U3t, U6t, N8t, U12t, U18t, Tia Trio and Tia Fourte. Those (except for the last two) will all come in custom form as well.

Apr 3, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #3,454 of 23,720
Penon OS849 cable arrived. I read a comment saying it bridges the gap between the m15 and m 20 modules (for U18), and a professional review that said it's on par with full silver cables.

It's pretty rubbish, actually. Doesn't sound like a silver cable at all. It's actually less detailed and more blurry than a pentaconn terminated 64 audio stock cable (OSC copper). Warm, chubby -- pretty big detail loss and soundstage shrinkage for the U18. There are other things off with it too, like the ergonomics, and smell. :D (Got that factory burnt rubber odor)

I don't regret buying it or anything. Wasn't all that expensive, but yeah -- if you're strapped for cash and not up for experimenting, take this as a down-vote. Especially for using with the U18.

Apr 3, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #3,457 of 23,720
Question: 64 Audio says they referenced their 18t and tia fourte to the Sony WM1Z. I have neither the WM1Z nor the AK SP1000. I expect that after demoing the two IEMs, I'll end up with the A18t, but I simply don't know what to do about the WM1Z vs the AK SP1000. I'm interested in classical music primarily piano and small jazz ensemble. 64Audio recommended that I would do best with the A18t. I expect that is correct even before I've heard them, but I don't have a clue regarding the Sony vs AK and don't really have a place I can trial them. Any thoughts on this? I'm not a bass head. I seek clarity, detail, air, spaciousness, accurate and heart moving beauty. Is that too much to ask? I love listening to my Utopias with the ALO CV5, but I'm looking for a good truly portable solution.
Thanks so very much.

Apr 3, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #3,458 of 23,720
Penon OS849 cable arrived. I read a comment saying it bridges the gap between the m15 and m 20 modules (for U18), and a professional review that said it's on par with full silver cables.

It's pretty rubbish, actually. Doesn't sound like a silver cable at all. It's actually less detailed and more blurry than a pentaconn terminated 64 audio stock cable (OSC copper). Warm, chubby -- pretty big detail loss and soundstage shrinkage for the U18. There are other things off with it too, like the ergonomics, and smell. :D (Got that factory burnt rubber odor)

I don't regret buying it or anything. Wasn't all that expensive, but yeah -- if you're strapped for cash and not up for experimenting, take this as a down-vote. Especially for using with the U18.

So I bought a GS849 for my Fourte, and I found it too exciting and too full. It's full of fun, bloated bass, sparky highs. However, the resolution is quite low, voice is too muddy, i honestly preferred my ares 2+ and pw no.5 more.

It's even more "analog" than my pw no.5.

Apr 3, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #3,460 of 23,720
Question: 64 Audio says they referenced their 18t and tia fourte to the Sony WM1Z. I have neither the WM1Z nor the AK SP1000. I expect that after demoing the two IEMs, I'll end up with the A18t, but I simply don't know what to do about the WM1Z vs the AK SP1000. I'm interested in classical music primarily piano and small jazz ensemble. 64Audio recommended that I would do best with the A18t. I expect that is correct even before I've heard them, but I don't have a clue regarding the Sony vs AK and don't really have a place I can trial them. Any thoughts on this? I'm not a bass head. I seek clarity, detail, air, spaciousness, accurate and heart moving beauty. Is that too much to ask? I love listening to my Utopias with the ALO CV5, but I'm looking for a good truly portable solution.
Thanks so very much.
This might help.
According to your description, I recommend SP1000Cu.

Apr 3, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #3,461 of 23,720
Hmmm... I'm starting to think I actually prefer the U18t over my Fourte as they just seem to be better to my ears across the board of all genres. Grrrr.
I also cannot decide which is better to my ears. Last week, I thought U18t was clearly the best and loved the sound. But this week, I switched to Fourte and now think Fourte is better. So at this moment, my logical conclusion is that they are not meant to be competing each other. They are complimenting each other quite nicely. My initial plan was to return or sell one. Now I'm keeping both. I feel happy except for my wallet.

Apr 3, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #3,462 of 23,720
I also cannot decide which is better to my ears. Last week, I thought U18t was clearly the best and loved the sound. But this week, I switched to Fourte and now think Fourte is better. So at this moment, my logical conclusion is that they are not meant to be competing each other. They are complimenting each other quite nicely. My initial plan was to return or sell one. Now I'm keeping both. I feel happy except for my wallet.

Yeah I honestly love them both. I listen to every type of music so I think the U18t may better suit my needs, I can’t afford to own both though. :frowning2:

I took my U18t out and put in the Fourté and I just love those too. Ugh. Lol.

Apr 3, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #3,463 of 23,720
Yeah I honestly love them both. I listen to every type of music so I think the U18t may better suit my needs, I can’t afford to own both though. :frowning2:

I took my U18t out and put in the Fourté and I just love those too. Ugh. Lol.
I know. It's really a tough call. For pure enjoyment, I would pick Fourte. But for critical listening and more neutral presentation, U18t is the one. Well, that's a logical thinking. The problem is that they are both so attractive and hard to part with either one.

Apr 3, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #3,464 of 23,720
I know. It's really a tough call. For pure enjoyment, I would pick Fourte. But for critical listening and more neutral presentation, U18t is the one. Well, that's a logical thinking. The problem is that they are both so attractive and hard to part with either one.

Yep they are both so fantastic it's really hard for me to pick between them. The only way I'd get the u18t was if someone traded me theirs + cash for the Fourte. Other than that I don't really plan to take any more initiative to get one myself.

Apr 3, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #3,465 of 23,720
what happened with the budget models of the universal series?
U4, U6, U10 will be reborn as U4t, U6t and U10t??
or the company will focus only on the custom models??

Regards ✌️✌️

no u10, it was discontinued a while ago. still shows up in b stock form. I believe the n8t will be similarly priced but that will be custom only. I doubt 64 Audio will stop making Universal's of the lower price models

Users who are viewing this thread

Back