The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Mar 17, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #3,076 of 23,579
To my ears, mee audio adapter does degrade the sound quality, using with U18t. It rolls off the top end a bit, less treble sparkle and airlines. So far, the most transparent 4.4mm adapters I found are from Effect Audio and PlusSound.
The EA type 3 adapter is very good and transparent. Waiting on a DHC hypershort 4.4 to 2.5 adapter, which I've always had good luck with, though you never know when you're going to get it. :thinking:

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #3,077 of 23,579
Stolen Tour Kit - Please Keep an Eye Out
Unfortunately, we had an 18/Fourte' tour kit stolen during our US tour. They were stolen on a college campus in Santa Barbara, CA from @Andrew Lin last October. It would be greatly appreciated if everyone can keep an eye out for a suspicious sale of these items. The serial numbers for these IEMs are listed below.

Serial Numbers:
  • Fourte': T00193
  • U18: UX05821
If you have any information, please contact @Barra on HeadFi, or Roman Belonozhko at 64 Audio. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #3,078 of 23,579
To my ears, mee audio adapter does degrade the sound quality, using with U18t. It rolls off the top end a bit, less treble sparkle and airlines. So far, the most transparent 4.4mm adapters I found are from Effect Audio and PlusSound.
Thank you for your input. I will try Effect Audio adapter hopefully soon.

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #3,079 of 23,579
Thank you for your input. I will try Effect Audio adapter hopefully soon.

Look into both options, either @EffectAudio short adapter or their pigtail adapter to match your Horus cable (you got Horus, right?). Both offer a transparent sound, just a different way to convert 2.5mm to 4.4mm. Short adapter is universal to use with any cable, pigtail adapter wires match the original cable here and it doesn't stick out from WM1Z as much. The bottom line, you don't need to get 2 same cables with different terminations. Having 2.5mm termination with an adapter is very convenient and more practical.

ea_44_adapter-01.jpg ea_44_adapter-02.jpg ea_44_adapter-03.jpg ea_44_adapter-04.jpg ea_44_adapter-05.jpg ea_44_adapter-06.jpg

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #3,080 of 23,579
Look into both options, either @EffectAudio short adapter or their pigtail adapter to match your Horus cable (you got Horus, right?). Both offer a transparent sound, just a different way to convert 2.5mm to 4.4mm. Short adapter is universal to use with any cable, pigtail adapter wires match the original cable here and it doesn't stick out from WM1Z as much. The bottom line, you don't need to get 2 same cables with different terminations. Having 2.5mm termination with an adapter is very convenient and more practical.
Thanks again for the insightful suggestion. I was thinking about these 2 options. I have Horus but also some others including Eros II+. In this sense, probably it is better going with the short adapter so that I don't need to worry about the matching with the short cable of the pigtail version. But the reason why I'm using Mee adapter is its L shape. On the go, I often put WM1Z in the pocket of my jacket. If the adapter sticks out too far, there is a possibility of inflicting additional pressure on the adapter + plug that may increase the risk of unwanted pressure to the socket.
BTW, I heard that Janus will be terminated only with 2.5mm plug and come with a pigtail adapter either to 3.5mm or 4.4mm plug. That's a great marketing decision, I think. Maybe I should wait for Janus to get a pigtail adapter with short Janus cable. I know matching will be a problem...

Mar 17, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #3,081 of 23,579
Man i ordered Penon GS849 for my A18 4 days ago, but no confirmation email. I checked on website, it said order completed. I got no email about shipping and contacted supporter 2 times but no reply. Thats suck.
Penon audio and Penon official are the same ?

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 8:21 PM Post #3,082 of 23,579
Man i ordered Penon GS849 for my A18 4 days ago, but no confirmation email. I checked on website, it said order completed. I got no email about shipping and contacted supporter 2 times but no reply. Thats suck.

Yes, the same. I will send them a link to this post so he can ping you privately.

Mar 17, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #3,084 of 23,579
They don't notify you. Check the status online with tracking info. It will take about 2 weeks total to get stuff from them, but items don't ship until almost a week after you order. Transit to the US is about a week thereafter.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #3,086 of 23,579
I think they are different. Where I found my shipping info was by logging back into Penon and checking my account, then clicking on orders in the left column. Under order details, they add shipping info when they have shipped. It took a few days for them to add last time. I ordered another and am still waiting too. See account picture below:

upload_2018-3-17_17-28-39.png

Mar 17, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #3,088 of 23,579
I think they are different. Where I found my shipping info was by logging back into Penon and checking my account, then clicking on orders in the left column. Under order details, they add shipping info when they have shipped. It took a few days for them to add last time. I ordered another and am still waiting too. See account picture below:

I know that. But i think they are the same cus they have the same logo and @twister6 confirmed.
I've order 2-3 times from them, but this last time was as I mentioned. Not sure if it had to do with Chinese New Year though
Maybe. Before they replied very fast when i contacted. But this time contacted 2 time s in 4 days but no reply. It really pissed me off. I just contacted them for the 3rd time. I will open the dispute if they dont reply in the next 3 days. I dont wanna deal with ppl like that. At least just let me know if something happened with my order. I can wait if i have to.

Mar 17, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #3,089 of 23,579
[QUO

mildly penis

Mar 18, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #3,090 of 23,579
I know that. But i think they are the same cus they have the same logo and @twister6 confirmed.

Maybe. Before they replied very fast when i contacted. But this time contacted 2 time s in 4 days but no reply. It really pissed me off. I just contacted them for the 3rd time. I will open the dispute if they dont reply in the next 3 days. I dont wanna deal with ppl like that. At least just let me know if something happened with my order. I can wait if i have to.
You do realise you are being a little impatient right, we have been spoilt by 64audio's and empire ears' customer service. Most companies will take a couple days to reply. Have some patience, you have plenty of time to open a dispute if u wish to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back