The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Feb 23, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #2,807 of 23,600
I wanted to let you guys/gals know that I received production units of U12t and Trio, and updated my original U12t/Trio review with all new detailed pictures of unboxing and design close ups.

The updated review is still HERE. And I also updated Unboxing, Accessories, Cables, and Design sections of my write up.

64audio_trio_u12t-22.jpg 64audio_trio_u12t-27.jpg 64audio_trio_u12t-43.jpg 64audio_trio_u12t-51.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #2,811 of 23,600
I recently saw some sale of Plussound cables in massdrop, are there any particular cables that fit fourte? I am planning to purchase oone in 4.4mm to welcome my dx200 amp4 module.

Currently using EA ares2+ with amp3.
I would send a message to Christian (@PLUSSOUND ), he is very responsive and will certainly help you make the best choice (they have many options). Also, they recently released new insulation and it has made a real improvement to their cables, especially in ergonomics they are absolutely wonderful!

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #2,812 of 23,600
I recently saw some sale of Plussound cables in massdrop, are there any particular cables that fit fourte? I am planning to purchase oone in 4.4mm to welcome my dx200 amp4 module.

Currently using EA ares2+ with amp3.
GPC, transparent, adds a hint of warmth

Feb 24, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #2,813 of 23,600
I wish I have Fourte to keep me awake while on the road. Everything so alive.
A18t sound so pleasing to my ears and I felt sleepy. Beautiful vocals with tones of micro details.

Feb 25, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #2,814 of 23,600
I'm still not sure about the u12t treble.. there's something off about it, it's too sparkly, prickly, sharp on the highest end - the rest of the spectrum is relatively smooth, but the treble juts out from time to time throwing things off, especially with highats that seem to dominate the song. I'm not convinced, it's too bright and needs to be reigned in, brought in line with rest.. I was hoping based off the u12 the u12t was going to have similar warm tuning, it is warmish due to the great bass, but with this out of place sparkly prickly treble.

Feb 26, 2018 at 4:43 AM Post #2,815 of 23,600
curious how the 1800$ Empire Ears Phantom stacks up next to the 3000$ A18/Fourte

hoping for some reviews/comparisons

Feb 26, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #2,817 of 23,600
curious how the 1800$ Empire Ears Phantom stacks up next to the 3000$ A18/Fourte

hoping for some reviews/comparisons
Quite a love fest going on at the EE thread. It sounds like the Phantom is a great iem, and it will probably come down to tuning preference for the listener; Phantoms organic yet detailed sound vs 64's more neutral leaning. Have to admit the Phantom price makes it awfully appealing in this world of ever increasing pricing.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #2,818 of 23,600
It sounds like the Phantom is a great iem, and it will probably come down to tuning preference for the listener; Phantoms organic yet detailed sound vs 64's more neutral leaning.
Couldn't agree more - two very different tunings. Phantom will cater to a different crowd than U18/Fourte.

Feb 26, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #2,819 of 23,600
Hi guys, in process of upgrading my IEMs, so went downtown for some demos... used my Oppo #2 and a Sony 1z(<200hrs) for testing.
Tried Noble Audio Django-Sage-Encore.. 1st 2 I took out after less then 2 mins as 1 was too bottom heavy and the other top(high) heavy. The Encore I like, but felt the fit wasn’t too good as the design/weight distribution makes it want to fall out of my ears.
Next stop JH Audio. Roxanne I took out after less then 2 mins but the Layla’s is nice, but feels it’s power hungry.
Now 64 Audio... the U12t felt bassy.
Tried the U18t. Wow feels like a veil is lifted and all instruments comes alive! Very airy and separation is very good. Seems all 18 drivers are working hard :wink:

Tried the Fourte next... Omg! Hard to describe, but with just 4 drivers it manages to just outdo the U18t? The other IEMs above makes their presence felt.. be it low ends or highs... but the Fourte just ‘dissapears’ ... I can hear all the details yet none stands out... puts a big smile on my face :wink: not surprisingly it stayed in my ears the longest :) i am hesitant to use words like flat or neutral , but it does makes the music musically and alive.
Not better then the U18t mind u.. just different. While the U18t is so so detailed and analytical, the Fourte is just musical and soothing. And personally I do that kind of different.

Of course end of the day all of us have different preference to music and it’s what suit us and makes us happy using our gears and whatnot. So do take all above with a pinch of salt and go try some :wink:

Cheers guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back