The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Dec 22, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #2,206 of 23,563
thanks, so 64 and Empire are same except the Adel's module in size they are using, right?
But the actual earpiece size, 64 seems smaller than Empire

Dec 22, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #2,208 of 23,563
thanks, so 64 and Empire are same except the Adel's module in size they are using, right?
But the actual earpiece size, 64 seems smaller than Empire

if you mean universal IEMs, yes the 64 Audio shells are smaller.

Hey guys, looking to buy a 3.5 TRRS balanced cable to pair my upcoming A18t (with hm901), any recommendations? Budget around 300 bucks. Thanks!

You can check the PW Audio No.5 Cable.

It's highly recommended next to Effect Audio's ARES II.

Dec 23, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #2,209 of 23,563
I currently have A18 and love the sound signature but having some fit issue I would like to try out either forte or U18. Since U18's considered universial version of A18 I am leaning toward Forte.

I hear people talking about smaller sound stage and somewhat of excessive high..so I am bit concerned. Would Forte owners share some of your experience to help me make the right decision?

Dec 23, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #2,210 of 23,563
I currently have A18 and love the sound signature but having some fit issue I would like to try out either forte or U18. Since U18's considered universial version of A18 I am leaning toward Forte.

I hear people talking about smaller sound stage and somewhat of excessive high..so I am bit concerned. Would Forte owners share some of your experience to help me make the right decision?

But A18 should fit perfectly because of the exact earshape. You should get in contact with 64audio in order to send them back for refit. That’s no special thing to do. Fit problems on new CIEMs occur quite often. You tel them where there is too much pressure and they try to change the CIEM so that they fit you as good as they should.

Dec 23, 2017 at 4:24 AM Post #2,211 of 23,563
Strange, I wonder what made them decide to no longer produce those...

As for the difference, simple.

It's just that Empire Ears ADEL use different modules compared to 64 Audio now, which uses APEX modules.

Both are different sized though, so 64 Audio IEMs can't use ADEL modules even if you want to swap them out.

As to how different is the *sound*, well...that depends on what type of sound preference you want.
They're adding Tia technology to the lower models. Line up refresh of sorts

Dec 23, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #2,212 of 23,563
But A18 should fit perfectly because of the exact earshape. You should get in contact with 64audio in order to send them back for refit. That’s no special thing to do. Fit problems on new CIEMs occur quite often. You tel them where there is too much pressure and they try to change the CIEM so that they fit you as good as they should.

I sent back more than 4 times including new impression already. :) It was always the right side not sitting perfect causing a seal issue after awhile.
The last refit improved a lot but still not feeling perfect. I am hoping to get used to it...

Dec 23, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #2,213 of 23,563
They're adding Tia technology to the lower models. Line up refresh of sorts

Huh...one part I didn't really have too much interest in the Tia driver tech, on the other hand I do appreciate it if they make new models a bit more...affordable. :)

Dec 23, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #2,214 of 23,563
I sent back more than 4 times including new impression already. :) It was always the right side not sitting perfect causing a seal issue after awhile.
The last refit improved a lot but still not feeling perfect. I am hoping to get used to it...

Oh, now that´s somewhat. I´m sorry to hear that and wish you all the best for either refitting or selling them and buying a universal IEM.

Dec 23, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #2,216 of 23,563

Foam tips are best for U18t. Silicon tips matching causes a smaller stage and somewhat excessive treble. Comply tips are better than bundle foam tips, and I ordered crystal foam tips to find a better matching.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #2,217 of 23,563
I received my U8 about a week ago from their latest Massdrop drop, and they sound fantastic. I have however noticed that the very end of one of the nozzles has some sort of dent where it seems the plastic has chipped off. It doesn't affect the sound and it didn't really bother me until i noticed the same thing happened to the other nozzle (to a smaller degree) and i know it wasn't there before as i inspected both IEMs thoroughly after i noticed it on the first one.

It looks like the plastic on the nozzle may be quite brittle (a result of 3D printing maybe?) and i'm worried it could break easily. I have owned numerous IEMs over the years and take great care of them so i am slightly concerned that this has happened with careful use and over such a short time.

Has anyone had the same issue with their U series IEM?

Dec 23, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #2,218 of 23,563
I received my U8 about a week ago from their latest Massdrop drop, and they sound fantastic. I have however noticed that the very end of one of the nozzles has some sort of dent where it seems the plastic has chipped off. It doesn't affect the sound and it didn't really bother me until i noticed the same thing happened to the other nozzle (to a smaller degree) and i know it wasn't there before as i inspected both IEMs thoroughly after i noticed it on the first one.

It looks like the plastic on the nozzle may be quite brittle (a result of 3D printing maybe?) and i'm worried it could break easily. I have owned numerous IEMs over the years and take great care of them so i am slightly concerned that this has happened with careful use and over such a short time.

Has anyone had the same issue with their U series IEM?

Pictures?

Dec 23, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #2,219 of 23,563
DX200>Leonidas>Fourté is sending chills up and down my spine. So goddamn good. And this is just with the standard AMP1 module. Can't wait to try the others.

Dec 23, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #2,220 of 23,563
DX200>Leonidas>Fourté is sending chills up and down my spine. So goddamn good. And this is just with the standard AMP1 module. Can't wait to try the others.
Wait until you try it with Amp 3. You shan't be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back